Lee/Jung vs Fu/Cai again. Who will win this time?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by george@chongwei, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..was that before the AG started or after their win over FHF & CY in the team event Final??..

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    After their performance against CY/FHF who I rated as LYD/JJS toughest opponent in their draw, I think they would KO MK/HS and go to the final and face TBH/KKK who were under-performing but enough to win in their lucky half..I follows Badzine match report but I still have not watch that match yet. Actually, I was shocked to see them out at SF. Maybe MK/HS played very well while LYD/JJS were emotionally spent and could not recharge in time. Anyway, good for TBH/KKK who I am sure would not miss LYD/JJS in the final.

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Seems you are not giving JJS/LYD enough credit... Are you suggesting, if CY/FHF is in form, then JJS/LYD is sure to lose?

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Definitely not what ctjcad is implying. CY/FHF were simply steamrolled this time. If they were in form, you can sure expect a nail-biting encounter and 3 games rather than the anti-climax we had that day. If they were in form, it would be 50-50.

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Hahaha, yeah, it was really shocking that CY/FHF and JJS/LYD failed to come out from the other half of the draw. KKK/TBH might be expected, but MK/HS is the surprise package.

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Poor JJS, without AG Gold he has no exemption from thier Korean National Service.....

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thought he already did his Service early last year?

8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yeah, he's currently on the duty. Maybe not that long to be released from the Army Team.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..if you feel i'm not giving JJS & LYD enough credit for their win, then it's your call. But please, don't assume that i'm suggesting if CY & FHF were in form that JJS & LYD were sure to lose (that's like putting words in my mouth).:eek:
    My point is basically JJS & LYD played an out of form (for whatever reasons) CY & FHF. If CY & FHF's form was better, they might or might not win, but don't you think they sure would give a much better/tighter match, at least similar to their team event Final match. We know what CY & FHF are capable of, don't we?..
    Now, a question to you, did you foresee CY & FHF's playing in such form, prior to the start of AG?

#69 ctjcad, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  10. nunu27

nunu27 Regular Member

The winner is Kindra...:D

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What a waste.!

What a waste i can say.. wasted...

Since their(koo/tan) draw are rather quite easy imo, with no fu/cai or jjs/lyd en route to the final, they only face kido/setiawan in the FINAL, at least they should get it right by winnning the gold medal.

What's even disppointed for me is that they manage to win the 1st set which is a really GOOD advantage to win another set for the gold medal. What actually happened in the 2nd set?? I didn't watch it as i was not home. They actually needed just 1 more point to win the gold medal. But at last, they lost to the ina pair and play the 3rd set. in the 3rd set, i heard hendra setiawan is really superb and shows why he and kido is the OG champion by playing some wonderful shots in front of the net. WHAT A WASTE I WOULD SAY. kudos to the ina pair for manage to come back from behind to beat the mas pair. Anyway, hope that 2moro LCW will beat Lin dan..:p:D

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Lost to the eventual winner of this asian games during semi final.. Kido/setiawan from indonesia.

13. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

the defeat was also a surprise for me. after they won de 1st set and fought back to gold medal point (twice), they still manage to lose it in de end.
    while boleh-players are famous for choking at the end, but this lowers de bar a great deal.