LEE chongwei and CHEN long will be in the same top half of the draw

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by sportstar, Jun 20, 2012.

1. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    yes sportstar, you're the very first person here to state such MS placement, a very good understanding of the perplexing regulations :D my thumbs up!

2. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Your rule 3 is not true - No crystal ball for Chen Jin, he was placed as well.

3. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

He forgot to put, the remaining 4th seed is put in the opposite half of the 3rd seed.

And then they split the remaining evenly (2 5/8 in top half, 2 5/8 in bottom half) then (4 9/16 in top, 4 9/16 in bottom) with help of crystal ball, then crystal ball places rest of players randomly.

But you get the point

4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

the rules shall read
    In the case of an NOC qualifying 3 players all rules stated shall be rendered pointless and confusing.

Can anyone give me a scenario in which rule (4.1.2.Entries from any one NOC shall be drawn as follows the third ranked entry by lot in one of the two remaining quarters / groups) could/would actually be used??

#44 craigandy, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I do love your statement :D

In future, the organization (whether it's IOC or BWF) better stipulates a much simpler and quality regulation such as:

(i) Any NOC is allowed to send a maximum of four players provided its players are occupying the top 10 in the related World Ranking at the cut date before the Oly.

(ii) In that case, all the four players from the same NOC will be automatically placed under four different quarters.

(iii) It's the ultimate purpose of the Oly movement to support the highest standards of the sport competition in place. Participants should be made based on the actual performance first (merit-based), with the consideration of the country's participation (i.e. source distribution) comes as the latest one.

After all, Oly games is not a non-competitive crowd gathering, somewhat a fun festive!

6. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Sorry can i ammend my rule lol

In the case of an NOC qualifying 3 players all rules stated shall be rendered pointless and confusing unless seeded 1,2, and 3.

7. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

But seeding of 1,2,3 is the same as seeding 1,2,4 ...

8. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

correct, newly revised

In the case of an NOC qualifying 3 players all rules stated shall be rendered pointless and confusing if players ranked 1,3 and 4 or 2,3 and 4 but will make sense if they happen to be ranked 1,2,3 or 1,2,4 haha.