Lee Chong Wei & Taufik Hidayat at the 2009 India Open

Discussion in 'India Open 2009' started by chris-ccc, Mar 16, 2009.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Actually, MAS did send her juniors to IO this time, but what I really meant is that MAS should send the juniors to more tourneys, they may get wipped but that is the way for them to learn. If the current juniors are not good enough, and as Pemuda said, MAS should look at the 12-15 yrs old and find the potentials there...after LCW retires, MAS baddy may be in a downturn and to lay claim to any sport that MAS can be among the world best, maybe MAS would have to look at Sepak Takraw to claim to be among the best in the world. Now, if only Sepak Takraw can be an OLY sport?????.:p:D

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    The only way forward is PROFESIONALISM... like tennis... No wasting taxpayer money and the players has to pay TAX as well!

3. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Thanks Avataar.
    I guess that was the first description of the upset lost.

As much as i am differ with Pemuda ( in his new popular thread)with how we should support the players, i agree that facing it with guts is crucial, vital, and is a need.
    Injuries, food poisoning and what not. Leave it.
    People will not listen to the reasons, all they know is you lost, that's it.
    They didn't know that you failed to hit the shuttle because of this and that,
    it's about you failed to hit it well.

Rest the case, please. Move on. If you want to learn something from a champion, it's about winning after losing.

#223 koo_fan, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  4. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    6 in a room...that is a Groupie...you have a twisted mind, urggh!!LOL!:D:p:rolleyes:

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Whenever Taufik thinks that he can win, he is always taking it easy

That's the bad habit of Taufik, isn't it? :(:(:(

Whenever he thinks that he can win, he is always taking it easy and thinking of his next match, and not his current one.

Don't know why he doesn't want to go about quickly finishing his current opponent, therefore having time to observe his next opponent's game. :confused::confused::confused:

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    why need so???after lcw retired...just close bam....then...those million million and billion billionsssss can help many poor people in malaysia...;)

anything they do also will invite critic one....maybe he will say:malaysia boleh...the world stupidest(this word correct?) people is in malaysia...sponsoring malaysian to play badminton....waste own money...and made malaysia shame by losing at this country and tat country...world record world record....;)

#226 limsy, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  7. avataar

avataar Regular Member

couple of pic' that capture what i said before

TH - a look here , a look there
    LCW - very very pensive

Attached Files:

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A close shave for Taufik..

..he survived a close shave, didn't he??..;)
    Well, i did indicate that the likelihood of both LCW and TH meeting in the Final is nil if not minimal, right??..
    However, i did expect LCW to give a better result and progress further than Taufik..

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As the highest seed in this tourney, I do well hope that Taufik Hidayat can win the MS title. At least, INA will have something to shout about after more than 2 barren months since the MAS SS :eek:

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei is unbelievably tired

It looks like Lee Chong Wei is unbelievably tired.

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2009 India Open: Hope that Taufik Hidayat is determined to win this MS title

Same here ... Hope that Taufik Hidayat is determined to win this MS title.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hahaha, sepak takraw, good one.:D

How we know they not already looking & grooming , since 13 to 17 y.o. are under BJSS ? ;) 16 yr old Zulfadli is rising, the best MS among U18 group, but currently crashes out early rounds in International Challenges. While "the juniors"(20 -23 y.o.) have won IC before. And yes, Zulfadli being sent to tourneys, by KLRC.

In the meantime(since the original suggestion was discard the current back up), while waiting for the 13 to 15 y.o.youngsters to be groomed, who's going play MS2 & MS3 in TC?Uncle WCH? Yoyo Hafiz? KLRC's LTS? :p
    (continued in Prof Players thread)

Anyway, back to this thread, now that Taufik is the highest seed standing, hope to see him proceed & win, a pleasure to see Taufik play.

13. sekut

sekut Regular Member

as i said before always expect the unexpected..:))
    i do hope more surprises from IO :))
    it makes our lives *toottttt*

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Excellent report.Thanks so much,avataar.My apologies for the food poisoning comment.But I have been warned that it's important to bring your own bottled water(like North Korea did to OG08!) or pay for Evian or Perrier..
    It's quite clear that LCW underestimated CL,the way he underestimated LD's fightback to close out G1 in AE.CL deserved the win and it would be interesting to see in how many ways he can change his strategy.A quick check of his past matches' statistics suggest that if CL burns up too much fuel in G1, it does not favour him.He needs ample fuel for finishing.(I hope CL gets to play in SO and have another R1 match with LCW.)
    Good thing the umpire knows his stuff.Cheers for IO!!!
    Isn't TH quite a busybody?Maybe his shopping spree will start today.
    This is turning out to be an exciting tournament.If CHN MS wins, IO will be considered major title.

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

thanks for the reports, avatar

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ask lcw to play all 3 ms match...;)...or ask our pemuda to play in 2nd ms....dato for 3rd ms....

problem solve...as easy as tat...when someone come out with big talk....they never think about what will happen if they REALLY do so...;)...

oh....maybe just stop sending squad to tc and uc and also sc....;)...easy....SAVE TAXPAYER MONEY...oh....but malaysia will held tc and uc next year....:eek:....ask bwf cancel it....SAVE TAXPAYER MOENY....;)

17. carine

carine Regular Member

Food poisoning put paid to shuttler Lee Chong Wei’s hopes of winning his first back-to-back title outside Malaysia yesterday. The world No. 1 was beaten 21-7, 16-21, 18-21 by unseeded Chinese and former world junior champion Chen Long in the first round of the Indian Open in Hyderabad. It was the first time in 22 months that Chong Wei ended up as a first-round casualty after the defeat by compatriot Mohd Hafiz Hashim at the Singapore Open in 2007.
    The defeat also put an end to his impressive record of six successive final appearance since the China Open last November.
    Chong Wei, who bagged the Swiss Open earlier this month with a fine win over arch rival Lin Dan of China after losing at the preceding All-England, attributed the early exit to the stomach upset he suffered the previous day.
    “We have been having our meals at the hotel for the past few days. But I was getting bored with it and we went out for food,” he said in a telephone interview.
    “I started to feel weak this morning. I started the match well but I was not in a good condition. I could have beaten him under normal circumstances but this was just one of those days. It was the first time that I have experienced this.”
    However, Chong Wei, who was named the national Sportsman of the Year on Monday, saw it as a blessing in disguise that it happened to him now than later.
    He will return to the same Gachibowli Sta*dium in August to try and become the first Malay*sian to win at the world championships.
    “I was told to be careful of the food we take in India but I never thought it would happen to me. In fact, Wong Mew Choo (Malaysian women’s singles player) also did not feel well,” he said.
    “I am always careful of the food whenever I go for competitions. But we had no choice because it was difficult to get food if we returned late to the hotel.
    “We even had to buy water from outside and that was only possible if the bus stopped at a mini market on the way back.
    “I hope the conditions improves when we return for the world championships. I will not be surprised if some of the players chose not to go.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/3/26/sports/3562026&sec=sports

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2009 India Open: Lee Chong Wei & Wong Mew Choo food poisoning

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/3/26/sports/3562026&sec=sports

Thank you carine ... for the news article. :):):)

Well, Lee Chong Wei will need to be more careful when he returns for the 2009 WC.

But credit should be given to Chen Long. He has played well. And he has arrived at the Quarter-Finals to be played tomorrow, Friday 27-Mar-2009. He will be facing another Lee from Malaysia; this time Lee Tsuen Seng (seeded 8).

Fortunately, Wong Mew Choo played against a weaker opponent in Round 1 yesterday. She just made it by 21-19 in the 3rd game. Today, in Round 2, she was also forced into a 3-game match. And only won by a small margin again, 21-18 in the 3rd game. Tomorrow, at the Quarter-Finals, she will be facing a tougher opponent, Yu Hirayama (seeded 6) from Japan.

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I read somewhere in this thread someone said that in BJSS they are already training them 13 - 17 year olds. I would like to ask that person to think a little, having a group of 13 - 17 year olds currently now in BJSS doesnt mean that Malaysia are already 'looking and grooming' for the future?? BJSS is only one school in Malaysia. What about the rest of the schools in Malaysia??? Do we have a structure/process in place to identify/develop/coach potential shuttlers there??

We are saying we are going to win our first OG gold come 2012. But look at our juniors or back up shuttlers. CWF & co are already in their 20s and are struggling to make the main draw for the SS.

We need to look and think long term, next year's TC, lets be honest we aint gonna cut it. So, what is this talk about 'who is going to play MS2 & MS3'?? It doesnt matter who play cos we aint gonna cut it because we are short on the quality side.

Look at the future, and the future is OG 2016 onwards. Thats where effort and resources ought to be concentrated at - the 12 years old age group. This mean we need to ensure badminton coaches at all our schools are trained and certified to coach badminton (not some English teacher doubling up as badminton coach). We also need to develop badminton clubs and leagues at every grassroot level so that talents can be nutured and developed.

And by the way, Thailand have overtaken us in sepak takraw. :D

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer