Lee Chong Wei should apologise

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by hsengsping, Aug 16, 2007.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    LCW's defeat to Sony is fine but the scoreline is just unacceptable. Losing and winning are part of the game.:cool:

LCW should apologize for his outburst after the loss but he needs not to apologize for his loss. These are two different issues.

Btw, losing is spelt with single 'o'.:D:p

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Why demand apologizes from LCW for his loss? He was not losing to any players rank outside the TOP 20 at WR. If he upset by the loss to Player from Sri Lanka/ Iran or some others badminton minnows countries (Maybe includes Krisna in this rank) .. Then an official apologizes might be necessary

3. milady_aries

milady_aries Regular Member

Student
    samuel882, robin7 stated,
    I strongly agree with this. As long as he focus and did his best why even bother apologizing. I mean it's not like the games going to forgive or ever will unless he focus on things that matter like improving his personality and skills.

His outburst is in need of an apology but why bother apologizing when a player lost? We're there to support them, cheer them not asking them to bow to us. [Exaggerated explanation] well refer to Krisna's supporting. Condition can be blamed on...as well as the players [attitude problem] but if they did their best or never give up, why apologize?

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Oops. No wonder I scored so low on my SAT Verbal score back then... Where's spellcheck when I need it... :p

Ok, I see your point. Apologize for the outbursts... Yes, then I agree that he should apologize for the outbursts. :cool:

And yes, if LCW lost to me [player ranked #100 million out of 6 billion humans] then he should apologize in a formal press-conference... ;)

...or

...maybe he does not need to apologize at all since he lost to an INA player [not one of the badminton minnows countries]... :p However bad I play, I am still a player from a decent badminton country. :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I recall sad history when Swee King lost and his statue was destroyed by fan, not true? Is easy to say then done when emotion is involved.

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Really?

I never heard of this...:confused: Was there a Liem Swie King statue somewhere? :confused: Where? :confused:

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    My apology as I should not have brought out is without any "facts". I recall Indonesian friend told me about this incidence a while back. May be anyone from older generation can shine a light on this issue. I don't mean to stir up anything, my apology again.

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I grew up in INA in the 1970s and very familiar with Liem Swie King... Never heard of any statue... :confused: Maybe not a statue... Anyway, let's just drop this.

9. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    according my father's story , it was not a destroyed statue but some 'bad' graffities on front wall of LSK's house

10. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    It's okay. It's just a common error.:)

Frankly, Krisna, u r one of the members who I respect & whose insights are, most of the time, constructive. Keep it up dude!:)

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Cool

Hey, thanks robin7...

I know I'm not constructive all the time...:eek: ...sometimes I just wanna be a kid and be the undiplomatic fan in BC. Most of us can't do those things in the real world anymore... :p At 35, most of us are expected to be adults :eek:...

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    The only incident I heard was that dirt/gravel was thrown at Liem Swie King's car after his loss to Prakash Padukonde at the All England finals... :p INA fans had a very high standard after Rudy Hartono... Since Rudy could win 8 All England titles, Liem Swie King's 3 All England titles and more than 2 losses at the All England finals were deemed unacceptable to some fans... :eek: Nowadays, we feel quite lucky if any of our MS actually made it to the All England finals... :D

Anyway, that was more than 25 years ago. I don't hear Taufik's car being harrased after his losses... :p

13. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Just like when you were seated, surrounded by the Mas fans in the stadium :D

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    He was indeed surrounded left/right & front/back by all the passionate MAS fans. :D I seated beside him during the SF :p

15. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    shaking like a leaf and quitely cheering the Indonesian players - right !:D