Lee Chong Wei should apologise

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by hsengsping, Aug 16, 2007.

1. hsengsping

hsengsping Regular Member

I would like to see the following occur

Statement from YKH

"Lee Chong Wei is a great badminton player who has achieved a great deal for Malaysian sports. I am sure I speak for all sport loving Malaysians when I say that we all truly feel for Chong Wei in his recent loss at the World Championships but being a true champion that he is, I am certain that he will bounce back to many victories in the near future. Any perceived misunderstanding with the coaching set up is truly minor and we will it clear at the next meeting I am certain"

Statement from LCW

"Yap Kim Hock's vast experience and achievements in badminton is well known to all. I would like to apologise if my illtimed and misspoken words at a time of great emotion have caused controversy and difficulty. As players and coaches, we all operate under tremendous pressure in the hope of giving some joy to the Malaysian public who have been so wonderfully supportive. I feel bad for letting the supporters down and with everyone's support I am confident that I can do more and I look forward in the Olympics next year to deliver that elusive Gold for Malaysia".

How's that?

Ants - you can get them to release the above statements (in whatever order?):D

2. badmad

badmad Regular Member

i don't know if it was professional... very mushy-mushy statements... :mad: ... don't like it from LCW... I am a big fan of malaysian shuttlers but i don't like when he apologies each time he loses. May be he should let his results talk.

3. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    why bother apologizing >.>" i dun see why he needed to do such thing ... if he wasn't have a good time let it go -.-" i dun see the point of doing this

4. hsengsping

hsengsping Regular Member

This is in the MAS papers and TV. It is a significant issue and there is always a lot of national interest in badminton particularly World Champ in town.

LCW is a "role model" in the public eye and to boot significantly publicly funded. He needs to behave like a SPORTSMAN and so does YKH as a significant national sports official.

I am sure LCW is fiercely competitive and wants to carry on. Malaysian fans I am sure (I sure do) wants him to continue and hopefully achieve his full potential.

5. gidong

gidong Regular Member

"NO COMMENT" - siti nurhaliza :p

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I like it better when LCW shows his rebellious streaks.Timing of emotional outburst rather unfortunate but don't think the rest of the team will be affected. May secretly be relieved he spoke for them, who knows!

7. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    or maybe he shouldn't have been so arrogant as to say he was gonna bring back the gold medal -.-

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He had to; he needed to; he ....... He got it out of his system. Phew.....

Sometimes a man got to do what he has to do. LCW was not happy with the situation and he told it the way he knew. I think it needed to be cleared as he felt a monkey is on his back.

Anyway, even though I am a LCW fan, I thought he was beaten on the day by an in-form Sony who was devastatingly fast. And who said he had an injury ? He played like the world depended on it, not just Indonesia.

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

So his world come crashing down. He had to let go. There was too much emotion pent up. No one to talk to about his feelings.

He felt deserted by YKH who did not agree to him joining Misbun. When he made that decision, he was down (shot down by his own failures and emotion of losing a coach in Li Mao). Everything which was working suddenly looked grim. He remembered the memories of playing under his first mentor, Misbun and desperately wanted to relive those glorious days when Misbun guided him to stardom, from a young punk to a recognisable figure in badminton.

When the idea was not entertained, he sought help from Ganga Rao to get what he wanted, desperation to revive his form was on his mind. When the issue was forced he found people were not happy. Little things about YKH probably creeped in and he felt the insincerity of his talk with YKH. What can you expect if you go over the person's authority to seek your own peace of mind.

Being not strong minded, the negativity of the head coach towards him hit home -- he built images of YKH hating him and probably the other official that he mentioned too. Life was turning up training with a lot on the mind.

On that day when Sony turned on the 'screw', his thoughts were "****, I am in trouble here, maybe they were right after all. Now they will turn against me more'. It had to finally come up, he could not take it anymore. He had to say it ---- and said it he did. Now we all know the trouble.

I sympathise with the guy (not only as a fan) because he is not strong emotionally. Life for Chong Wei was all badminton. He could not cope with the fast changes in his life coz badminton was already going too fast for him.

I hope I can express for LCW everything that I think he felt. But if your mind is to nail him for this failure then we might have to look elsewhere for another great badminton player to win for Malaysia because your negativity will definitely hurt him further.

I am sensitive to what he is going through -- he would not have blurted out if he did not feel emotionally stressed.

Another 2 cents worth.

#9 X Ball, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  10. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    it is ok if he loses but his lost was extremely bad. the most "beh tahan" is that he is now blaming yap kim hock! :confused:

11. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I think we should just stop focusing too much on LCW, he is highly over-rated and one day the bubble will burst when it max out. Do we have other players who we can count on ?

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

If we do, we wouldnt have made it a big hoo-haa for the shock defeat. If u look at the scoreline, nobody would have thought Sony thrashed LCW, and mind U, it was played in Msia...!!! :eek: No words from LCW could comfort millions of Msian fans, and we are all sad, perhaps a doomed day...

IMHO, LCW is not 'over-rated' player but a great player who succumbed to huge pressure, but hey, that's wat it takes to be great players. Look at MJ, Tiger, Roger, Nadal, etc... NONE of them lost their heart to 'pressure'...

Well... oh well... it's over... let's focus on CTF/LWW :)

MALAYSIA BOLEH...!!!

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Nadzmi cannot accept Chong Wei’s tame defeat

THE Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh cannot accept the tame exit of national number one Lee Chong Wei from the World Championships at the Putra Stadium.
    On Thursday, Chong Wei was blown away 11-21, 9-21 by Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro and after the defeat, he blamed it on chief coach Yap Kim Hock for piling up the pressure on him.

“I do not understand. The pressure is always there. What kind of pressure that Kim Hock gave that Chong Wei could not take and played that bad,” said Nadzmi.

“For a top player like him, he should be used to the pressure in playing a major tournament. We do not accept this kind of game from a top player like Chong Wei.

“And why complain about the pressure now? During the CNT (Coaching and Training Committee meeting), the report on Chong Wei was great. His physical condition was at his best, his achievements were good and psychologically, he was declared ready for the meet.

“But he was not in control of the game at all. As far as I am concerned, he should not have crashed out in the earlier round playing the way he did.”
    Nadzmi however, said that he would carry out investigations to get to the root of the problem.

“To be fair to both sides (Chong Wei and Kim Hock), we will investigate what actually transpired between them. I will talk to both of them,” he said. The matter will be discussed at the BAM’s exco meeting after the world meet.

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Chong Wei says he’s the one to blame for shocking loss

IT was in the heat of the moment that national number one Lee Chong Wei took a hit at national chief coach Yap Kim Hock after his shocking third round defeat by Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro in the World Championships on Thursday.

Yesterday, a calm world number two Chong Wei said that he was solely responsible for crashing out early in the world meet.

His statement comes a day after Chong Wei exposed his soured relationship with Kim Hock following his defeat by Sony and blamed the chief coach for piling up the pressure on him that led to the heavy loss.

I am not blaming anyone for the defeat (on his 11-21, 9-21 thrashing by the Indonesian) but only myself. I want everyone to know that,” said Chong Wei.
    “I have never played like that before. I just could not move the way I wanted to. I put the pressure on myself.”

But the 25-year-old Chong Wei admitted that there was differences with Kim Hock that need to be ironed out.
    Chong Wei claimed that things were not rosy between him and Kim Hock when he decided to train under Misbun Sidek in March.
    ====================

Sometimes, water poured out are not retrievable. Watch out for ur words, LCW, coz u may have to 'eat' them, if worse, 'swallow' them...

15. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Malyasian fans are too picky and sensitive. grow up.

16. kktan

kktan Regular Member

i think internally... BAM has always been plaqued with many problems..

17. Titan

Titan Regular Member

I think LCW should be as arrogant as LD...maybe then he can be more consistent...

18. laonong

laonong Regular Member

maybe arrogant here should be changed to confident. It can not be learned. seems some people are born of more confident than others.

19. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

All great champs have an air of "arrogance" in them. LCW should carry some of that around, actually...

20. thiery

thiery Regular Member

there is always no chemistry between Yap and the Nusa Mahsuri under Misbun. LCW should apologise, so do Yap. Both parties should compromise.