Lee Chong Wei is out!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by badders2006, Aug 14, 2009.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

2. redmouthfish

redmouthfish New Member

engineer
    Just like justme_manda, I was annoyed by Dato's comment on Singapore. This thread was about LCW and for some unknown reasons :confused:, Dato commented on Singapore's FTP.

And to Loh, thanks for defending Singapore. I am a Singaporean too and a very proud one ! :)

3. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    Kendrick Lee's ranking is much higher than Susilo during OG98, but why SBA still sent Susilo to OG98? Why there was no public debate over this matter? Singapore really needs to treasure "born and bred" talents. It really broke Kendrick Lee's heart. Though Susilo managed to sent LD home during R1 of Athen Olympics, it doesn't mean that he can repeat the history by throwing LCW out during OG98 R1.
    There is no sense of belonging if we sent the whole squad of ex-China national for table tennis. It should at least be represented by one born and bred Singaporean in the 3-women squad.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Shd be OG 08.............Beijing...:D:D

5. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    Thanks for correction! It's typo. I meant OG08.

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Your sense of belonging is misguided. As long as the new migrant bears the Singapore spirit, you should feel proud of him. Over the last 20 years, you may want to know Singapore has taken in a lot of foreigners as citizens. Today, you would not know who they are as they are all assimilated well into the Singapore society - they are all Singaporeans.

All the chinese migrants are proud to play for Singapore in table tennis. But listening to you single them out as 'outsiders', imagine how they would feel

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I am the one who started the things?

It's a true that Singapore players/ FT were unable to produce any good results in the badminton sports, at least at this moment, or even in 2-3 years time by now.

R32 rubber set against SS by Derek Wong is a good results? If yes, i would say your standard is too low. :p:p

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Good point.

I am instead waiting for the answer from someone on why still sending RS, the FT, instead Kendrick Lee, a Singapore-born player to play at OG08 since KL's ranked higher than RS?

Uncle Loh, what is your answer?

9. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    I am proud of those immigrants but I just can't agree to send the whole team with ex-PRC. Sports is for citizens to enjoy and support and not the Ministers only. Through sports, we can build up the feeling of patriotism. Btw, I am one of the immigrants migrated from Malaysia after Singapore company hiring me from my Malaysia Uni. and I am Malaysia's die-hard fan as I was born and bred in Malaysia.

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't worry Dato, our standards are so low that we can only improve. :D

I think you have not followed the badminton scene that closely as last year Singapore's FT girls made history by being the only non-CHN girls to capture the World Junior Championship WD title. I think there was a year during the Southeast Asian Games when our women badminton team captured the gold medal. ;)

To me Derek Wong is our local talent who has produced the best result in this WC although he was defeated by the much higher-ranked and very experienced Simon. But he did better than Tago who did not win any game against Simon. Derek could only improve if he continues to train hard. Time is on his side.

Compared to your World#1, Derek is nowhere. But if your highly rated and much talked about WR1, who is expected to take the WC title cannot even beat Sony in this WC despite having another foreign coach to help him, then there's not much to talk about.

Better not to be boastful about your standards and learn from the better ones. ;):D

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You are so naive. I meant zip my lips on the favourable commenting of LCW. Surely, not seal my lips against you or your 'sound alikes':rolleyes:

12. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

hmmm, how come this thread suddenyl talking abt Spore foreign talent or sthing like that??? Maybe I in wrong thread :p

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Team selection is a very tricky matter as many factors have to be taken into account. Malaysia's yo-yo king has been selected to represent his country so many times despite his unpredictable performance, yet there is not much that his teammates can say about.

I'm not sure whether you are a Singapore citizen, probably you are a PR now but it would have been better for you to remain a Malaysian and not try to say bad things about Singapore that may not be true but only create further misunderstandings. You should be thankful that you are accepted and have a job in Singapore. ;)

You have your own opinion, we have ours and this is not the thread to discuss such matters. You are in the wrong thread. We have discussed the subject of FTs at great lengths before if you care to do a search. :rolleyes:

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Good try Crystal Ball. :D
    Probably this guy is as Malaysian as you are and try to stir up trouble again on the much discussed FT we had quite some time ago. He's too lazy to do a seach and mess up our thread here! :(

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Dato, you like to waste time on something that was history just because you mentioned FT here.

This guy comes out of the blue and discusses something that was history and unrelated to this thread and you want me to waste time on him or on you? He's got an axe to grind like you but I'm not going to fall for it. :D:D:D

17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Actually i didnt expect your answer from this so-called history issue.

We close the FT discussing here. Stop. Silent.

I am sorry to bringing out this issue.

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you for your understanding. :)

19. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

i'm going to write to asstro to make a point and fire that silly john commentator.
    how can one be so bias? a really professional one shld just comment on the technical aspects of the game, offering trivia/tid-bits wherever appropriate.
    not acting like a fan boy for which nobody wants to hear.

20. spoileddelights

spoileddelights Regular Member

Student
    O.O i thought he's always been like that??