Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah cancer patients are known for their strength after all...he didn't have 5kg fat to lose to begin with

2. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

Whenever I watch LCW play (in videos) I can't help but admire his sleek built supported with those steel legs.
    Personally I have always liked his court coverage better than the rest (smooth/fluid/with astonishing lunges).
    I wish he gets to full health again and further play his role in taking Malaysian badminton to new heights.
    Early detection and stage 1 are positive indicators but still I will keep my fingers crossed.

On another note, anyone can tell me how much he actually weighs during competition ?
    Wiki says 68 kilos and 5'7" but I doubt it.
    My guess is somewhere between 55-60 kgs.

Love from india.
    Cheers.

Baddie lover likes this.
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

68 seems reasonable, muscle is heavy...at the very least, 60. 55 is way too low for someone his height. My personal guess would be 65-68.

4. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

5. God Of Tide Pod

God Of Tide Pod New Member

Is prime LCW better than prime Taufik?

6. LinHalu

LinHalu Regular Member

i guess?

7. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    I think there is no point to discuss about this here. They are two great players that both has their own different strengths. Onced someone start stating that Dato is far greater, somebody will counter reply defending that taufik is far better and eventually, you will end up likely with tons of heated like discussions worthy of a new thread inside this thread. Just my 2cent thought.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Anymore comments on that will be deleted. We have been through such comments so often, they get tiring.

9. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    [​IMG]
    Be thankful Chong Wei, says Misbun
    OCTOBER 2, 2018 @ 6:56PM
    BY HELMI TALKAH
    [​IMG]
    National men's singles coach Misbun Sidek. -NSTP/OWEE AH CHUN

KUALA LUMPUR: Former World No 1 Lee Chong Wei should not feel any regret, if he decides to call time on his career after being diagnosed with early stage nose cancer.

National men's singles coach Misbun Sidek said the 36-year-old's achievements throughout his illustrious career are already feats to be proud of.

"I know he has been trying really hard to win titles such as the Olympic gold medal, the World Championships, Asian Games and the Thomas Cup, but as human beings, you just can't win them all.

“I believe he should be thankful and proud of what he has achieved so far," said Misbun at Academy Badminton Malaysia (ABM) here on Tuesday.

For the record, Chong Wei, who is still in Taiwan for treatment, was silver medallists three times each in the Olympic Games (2008, 2012 and 2016), and the World Championships (2011, 2013 and 2015).

He has also won a total of 69 titles.

Misbun reiterated that only Chong Wei can decide on his future.

"He should know if the cancer can return or if it would affect his daily routine.

"I have got no qualms if he wants to come back. In fact, he has gone through so much, and has proven that he can overcome obstacles.

"He loves badminton too much. If he has to call it quits then he has to accept it. If he chooses otherwise, then it's really up to him. Whatever his decision, we need to respect it," added Misbun.

© 2018. NEW STRAITS TIMES PRESS (M) BERHAD (4485-H).
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

----------------------------------------------------------------

If Dato decides to retire or not...i won't mind. I'm prepared. He has proved to the world already that he's one of the greatest to walk on this earth.

My only concern is that, without him participating anymore ( if that time does come), I'll maybe won't be frequently watching my TV for any live badminton matches and maybe more on watching to some National Geographic documentary......worst maybe playing badminton won't be that motivated anymore and thinking changing my career to gardening can maintain my deception skills.....well..... Just still don't know what will happen........

buibui2, CLELY, dnewguy and 2 others like this.
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe as long as the doctor doesn't write competitive badminton off for LCW, he will return.

If he calls it quit now, what do you expect him to do ? Wake up every morning not knowing what to do for the rest of the day, feeling empty and lost, and such a state will last for several months at least. Spend more time with the family, sure, but that's not the only thing he wants to do. Run his own business, is he cut out for it ? I don't know - going to the office every day, attending meetings, doing the inspection rounds, reading reports and keeping up-to-date with news related to his business, entertaining clients and business associates,and suchlike; it'll take quite a long while to transition to his new chapter in life.

Badminton is in his blood, it defines him, he lives and breathes badminton though it may not be the only thing in his life, still if he's not forced to give up, I believe he will carry on insofar as he is able.

Misbun Sidek's "... win titles such as the Olympic gold medal, the World Championships, Asian Games and the Thomas Cup, but as human beings, you just can't win them all." makes me wonder if Lin Dan is a human being. Hmm...perhaps Lin Dan is an alien, that explains it. :p:D:)

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Just too foolish to risk lives. Maybe start to pick 3 youngsters to be og champ.;)

12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

3 possible youngsters to go Tokyo OG 2020:

Lee Zii Jia
    Leong Jun Hao
    Cheam June Wei

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    i think he will give it a try for training and see how it goes.

Physical condition and motivation. He will need both.

LenaicM likes this.
  14. llrr

llrr Regular Member

He can always join the coaching ranks down the track. I doubt he'll be far away from badminton.

15. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

LCW is really not to blame for not winning the Sudirman or Thomas Cup. Everybody knows it.

buibui2 and Sundis like this.
  16. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
  17. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

18. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    When you joke about your own country athlete fight with cancer... Hmmm it's pretty appalling.

LenaicM likes this.
  19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Good news.

20. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    That's really good news. Glad to hear the treatment was successful and he is back in Malaysia.