Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Marin does it more than once in a while though

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

We all should watch the new Wolverine's movie "Logan" coming out already.

3. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

Keep in mind that MF is NOT hired by BAM, but by Malaysian government. :)

That really adds to the possible tensions in the whole setup.

Cheers,
    FB

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Nope, he faced his opponent when doing so.

but did he face LCW when doing so?

I suppose I have to just make it absolutely clear again that I am not opposed to raising fists or shouting after winning points. I don't think players (not one player) should be directly facing their opponent when doing so.

#13104 Cheung, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  5. renbo

renbo Regular Member

If we believe what the commentators say during the matches, to raise the fist facing your opponent is actually forbidden, but a lot of players do it, perhaps without realising

Cheung likes this.
  6. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    I don't think he need to apologize. The altercation started after Rio when MF already want LCW to retire. Meanwhile MF himself still don't have anyone in the camp that is capable of winning titles in MS. MF was the one who didn't let TSB to be with him during Japan Open but LCW responded by actually WINNING the Japan Open.

LCW requested for a mat change but everything was ignored until he was injured then he was asked via Hendrawan when he's retiring by MF. I think LCW already been quiet for so long until he erupted in the media. The whole thing started after Rio but it only come into surface earlier this year. How would you feel as an athlete if you know you could still win titles but already asked to retire ? And this he responded by winning Japan Open, then now All England which can be a huge moral boost to win WC. It took immense effort to stay in shape at his age, working hard on court and leaving his family for a long time for tournaments abroad. With how he's been treated by MF, I don't see how he owe any apology to him. It was MF who triggered the feud.

Some Malay friends actually said ang mo MF is prolly just trying to pave way for his home boy Axelsen by trying to get rid of LCW off his way to smooth him winning big titles. But LCW is fighting back his right to still play. What do you say to that claim?

Bunga kacung, Sundis and visor like this.
  7. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    I'm sorry for typing in the term "ang mo" but that's literally what my friends used. You can tell how some M'sians are quite pissed with how MF's been treating LCW.

8. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Even not with BAM, as long as he wants to represent malaysia as a pro, he will play. BAM will give their full support and blessing It is his current and future physical fitness and condition that will influence very much about if whether he is going to play or not in whatever tournaments that is thrown to him :)

If he continously stays fit and injury free and still getting fantastic results, i will not be damn surprise that he will be in the upcoming Olympics :):) This coming WC will be his KPI, if he wins it then i am for damn sure he will be very likely saying that he is going, DLCW ia a very determine player esp if he thinks that he still has all the qualities to do it. :)

Cheung likes this.
  9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

What you say might be true, but from an outsider's point of view it looks a bit paranoid! It is possible that MF wants LCW to retire, but it is also possible he just wants to change the way BAM works and LCW fight back the changes by saying those changes are pushing him to retirement.

Cheung likes this.
  10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

If I recall correctly, wasn't LCW seriously thinking of retiring after 2012. And only stayed on because the government asked him not to retire?

Once you seriously think about retiring, people naturally talk about it. LCW and other players above the age of thirty will always be asked this question.

It did take some time for MF to decide to return to Malaysian badminton. If Morten was so bad, why employ him again? After all BAM has been through Morten x1 , Yap Kim Hock, Park Joo Bong, Tan Kim Her, Rexy... Does that not indicate something needs to change?

It's a far cry from when Malaysian badminton took the huge risk and hired Han Jian, Yang Yang with stunning results.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Very true. Just like the AE win yesterday was a KPI for himself, I think he was slightly surprised to hear himself say that he'll be back to defend his title next year...

shooting stroke likes this.
  12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Kampong talk lah. Plenty of other players on the circuit.

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

You forgot to add in 'earning lots from sponsorship'

14. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Here's another kampong talk by my Malaysian friends. Remember how Axelsen and Vittinghus reacted with how LCW as a senior is treating junior. Never forget how ang mo treated our local people when we're still poor lah. They have their own exclusive settlement, you'll get arrested if dare get near. My friends dad recollected how they treated the early immigrants by kicking, throwing around what possession they only have with them, and verbally abusing them. They forgive but never forget how ang mo behaved.

You see now Trump in power, no surprise since he represents many true color and feeling of ang mos. We say if you have enough food build bigger and longer table not higher walls.

15. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Indeed.....common guys, all of us here, deep inside our heart and mind admits that ...(i can imagine all of you now start rubbing your chin and thinking.... Hell yes this iS true....)
    A. We want DLCW to play as long as possible
    B. We want him to be a World and Olympic Champion
    C. We want him and Lin Dan still playing, dont retire :):) and compete in the same tournament and prefabably meet in a dream final like what frequently happen many years back.
    D. Admit that if both of them retired...........it would not be that interesting, not much of a hype or very unlikely the saying about the most anticipated match scenario will be very heard because for a decade, this 2 megastar, DLCW and Lin Dan was always be the highlight and main actor in the current world of badminton if badminton would be a movie is concern. There will be a void without them:):):):)

P/s..to pass this test select the right answer from the above list

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Yup. Kampong talk. Malaysian politics is not exactly the best example of having an inclusive society.

Rather than translate what other people say, just look at the situation with neutral eyes. It's just a question of perspectives. Don't play the race card early because that just shows up one's own deficiencies.

FeatherBlaster likes this.
  17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Option E, All of the above. :D

18. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I suppose ang mo means white foreigners or something similar? Are you referring to the colonial period in your post? Of course colonial behaviour is disgusting but here we talk badminton, and MF is from Denmark which was not a colonial power, and all this concerns your friends dad, not you. Your message shows you judge this MF/LCW affair with the eye of racial prejudice.

khoai and FeatherBlaster like this.
  19. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    All MF did was dominating the badminton scene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    My friends are more disgusted how MF treated LCW than LCW to his junior who they actually think being nice and nothing whatsoever. They prolly too upset they play the Trump card, I mean ang mo card.