Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Maybe stem cell therapy again.

visor and pcll99 like this.
  2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

John Wick the professional assassin

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

shooting stroke likes this.
  3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

4. Master

Master Regular Member

Want to play Lee Chong Wei in a movie? Auditions are open!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you can’t be a badminton legend, you can at least play the role in a movie!

Our very own badminton king, Dato’ Lee Chong Wei, is set to have his own biopic which is scheduled to hit the cinemas in 2018. Titled “Rise of the Legend”, the movie will revolve around the legend’s rise to fame, his struggles and humble beginnings.

The producers of “Rise of the Legend” have posted a casting call on their Facebook page, they are looking for someone to play the legend himself in the movie, aside from other supporting roles.

This much-anticipated film will be directed by Teng Bee, who directed Kepong Gangster back in 2012.

To audition for the main part, a young Lee Chong Wei, candidates should be tall, thin, appear to be active, and aged between 10 and 18 years old. The poster also states you need to be a badminton player.

The audition is open to all Malaysians. All you have to do is bring your IC, and participant under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian.

The audition will be held in three states, Permata Sports Complex in Penang (5 March), C&Y Sport Badminton Centre in Johor Bahru (11 March) and Pioneer Sport at Sunsuria Avenue in Kota Damansara (18 March). Good luck!

Source

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Wierd statement. Are non-Malaysians excluded from trying out?

Does it have to be a Malaysian to play the role?

6. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    no Malaysian can stand any non Malaysian playing the role.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Can't imagine otherwise for the role of the national hero... :shrug:

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am persuading my son to go for the audition.

9. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    Who'll play the pivotal role of Morten Frost? :p

10. visor

visor Regular Member

[​IMG]

I vote for Alec Baldwin.

Cheung likes this.
  11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I vote for Donald Trump.

[​IMG]

visor, racketman123 and Cheung like this.
  12. visor

visor Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Anyone who's seen Tropic Thunder will understand this reference ...
    (and if you haven't seen it, go see it! Robert Downey Jr at his best! )

(in other words, Alec Baldwin should play Donald Trump playing Morten Frost )

#12852 visor, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    skhai91 likes this.
  13. Nine Tailed Fox

Lee Chong Wei opens up about Morten Frost again

[​IMG]

''I have said what I felt about Frost. I have been keeping it over the past one and a half years… it was difficult to work with him.

“Now I am relieved to get it off my chest.

“I will not forget what he had done to me. It would be a bit difficult (to reconcile).

“After having been with BAM for 18 years, no coach has ever done that to me.

“As a player, I always abide by all BAM decisions.”

“I am recovering from the injury. I am happy with the positive development.

“All England is one my favourite tournaments. It is still two weeks away.

“I have yet to resume court training due to the pain and phobia but I will try.”

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...t-forget-what-frost-did-to-me-says-chong-wei/

14. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    Bizarrely, when I made that post that is exactly what I was thinking :p

Back on topic I do hope BAM, Morten Frost and Lee Chong Wei find a way round the issue (even if it is to ignore each other) and that other players aren't affected too badly. There were similar problems within the English badminton team over many years where excellent coaches (from other cultures) and players have clashed badly. Or indeed players and players in later years...

It is a difficult problem which will probably only be resolved when Chong Wei retires. In a perfect world with the World Championship title and Morten Frost still in his job, as judging from recent result he is doing a good job for Malaysian badminton. After all there are other Malaysian players who could be aiming to medal at the world champs with a good lead in to it.

To do that Chong Wei really needs to focus on his game (and enjoying badminton again) and think I can achieve this with/ without the correct training partners and prove Morten Frost wrong with results on court.

15. limb7567

limb7567 Regular Member

student
    If LCW has intention for a shot at World Championship 2017, I say that is fair enough. If he gets it, great stuff. I'm chuffed. If he fall short again like many times before, no biggie, fan like me will still revere him as best Malaysian player ever. He is graceful and respectful at court. I like to remember him that way, so this spat with MF is really uncalled for.

I saw LCW at practice before at a major tournament. This was more than a year ago. There were a traditional masseur from China and a physio therapist (a Caucasian lady) almost dedicated to him. He has TSB and Hendrawan, two head coaches, fully concentrated on him. Hendrawan and TSB were both very hands on when training LCW on court. I saw Hendrawan sweating profusely, age is catching up with him. Other junior Malaysian players practice on their own. These are all resources provided for by BAM. Even LD don't get that kind of a treatment in my opinion.

BAM have only so much resources, they cannot keep on pouring it on him, it is unrealistic to expect more from him in long term. MF looks to the future, which is what I think is the right thing to do to continue the legacy of Malaysia badminton. So if LCW is injured at age of 34 and MF asked the question, does he still want to carry? It is a valid and practical question and LCW should not be offended. There is so much LCW could do for Malaysia badminton beside being a player, he doesn't has to quit totally when his playing career is over.

Just my opinion, don't petrol bomb me yet :D

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Frost, while commenting some tournaments some time ago criticised the way Chong Wei Feng and Daren Liew were used as sparring partners for LCW. There were feeding him shuttles, sometimes two or three together. While convenient for LCW, this is disastrous for self-esteem and competitive spirit for the "feeding" players, who cannot believe in themselves as top players. Lieu and Chong had actually quite a potential that was never actualised.
    Frost was trying to prevent this happening with the new young players I suppose. Even if they fail, a young gun arriving in the national team and on the circuit have to believe he can top the best.

buibui2 and Justin L like this.
  17. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    TBH I think all hope had been lost in those two long before Frost arrived.

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Lee Chong Wei clarifies : ''The top management says my issue with Morten is settled ... but it’s not''

[​IMG]

The top (management) says my issue with Morten is settled ... but it’s not at the bottom level (on the training ground). But it’s all right. I’m just relieved to have voiced all my frustrations with Morten, which I have kept to myself for more than a year,”

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...p-with-frost-irreparable/#LwTPz17Z775DxQCZ.99

19. esppy

esppy Regular Member

I'd like to produce my other side of the coin, if I may.
    Since LCW is essentially in his twilight years (honestly, 2020 is not realistic for LD and LCW both, they can probably qualify but to actually get somewhere..... I honestly doubt it) I guess maybe MF can dedicate the best for him and please the entire crowd of Malaysia since the brutal truth is that he IS the best chance at winning stuff, be it SS or WC or OG.... Fact remains.

Using Park Joo Bong as a cross reference, MF took over a squad that is worst off than Japan at the time on aggregate, albeit with one shining star. It's not as if he can single handedly raise them up overall into top 10 over a short 2 years; PJB took triple that before things really got moving. MF can maybe in my view, give LCW a bit more focus, because it can only shine for so much longer for a such short period of time. Call me biased or tunnel vision, but you're dealing with a national hero here, so anything negative coming out will shake your seat (word on the street will do you no good as well). You're always regarded as the new guy who came in to shake things up; nationality wise included, and during that earthquake I guess it's best to keep the most valuable structure from harm's way?

So with that, why not just polish the (admittedly quite shiny already) jem for one/two/few last hurrah? If he gets this year WC, yay, if he doesn't, the man himself said that he would probably retire for real anyways. It's not LD who just keeps saying he wants to do 2020 day in day out; LCW takes things one step at a time (I'm guessing all the silvers jaded him), so it really doesn't hurt to pacify LCW while slowly taking your time to bring up the cohort?

BAM already has some hindsight which I guess they want to never mention again (which is a bitch) for kicking MF out the last time he got employed in way too short of a time demanding too much in too little; so with the past tenure being 3.5 years, BAM should be very realistic and give MF a longer tenure this time around. LCW would be gone by then; whatever MF says should carry more weight and face less opposition (voiced out or not) than ever.

PJB has been with Japan for 12-13 years; surely 5-6 for MF is reasonable....

Loh, justinloong and visor like this.
  20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    hey, how are u recovering? better now?