Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Which part did CPS sing solo? They didnt show him in the solo parts, just the group.
    Btw, CPS's wife is pro singer, so he should know some singing tips

3. visor

visor Regular Member

At 0:54 I believe... after Khe Wei and Vivian Hoo.

Ah that's why he can sing... whereas for Datuk, let's just say he should stick to his badminton...

4. charleslim

charleslim Regular Member

Dream Job
    I just saw the latest 2015 Yonex Catalog at Shuttlehouse. It seems that Lee Chong Wei is excluded from the list of featured players among the front pages; even his signature products are phased out. This sounds bleak for Lee Chong Wei right?

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    This is why Yonex is willing to pay any price to have Lin Dan come back.

6. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

So sad... Is Yonex forced to exclude LCW?

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They're definitely not forced to, but they might have a clause in the contract about such a case. Even if not, they're not obliged to 'use' him in their advertisement, and may have chosen to stop doing so to avoid being related to doping.

8. whafiz

whafiz New Member

Technician
    Did anyone knew what size did LCW wore for the shirt?

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  10. koowakchai

koowakchai Regular Member

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Nah, that's the reality. It would be next to impossible to come back successfully after that long a layoff, especially then at age 36. And he would miss OG 2016.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/01/26/lee-chong-wei-to-retire-if-doping-positive/

PETALING JAYA: National shuttler Datuk Lee Chong Wei (pix) will retire from badminton if he is given a two-year suspension for doping.

“If in the end I am suspended for two years, then I will not pursue my badminton career afterwards,” he said in an interview with BBC.

The 32-year-old said he would return to competitive badminton if his appeal is successful.

Chong Wei was tested positive for the banned substance dexamethasone at the World Championships in Copenhagen last August.

He is now under suspension and faces a maximum two-year ban. His appeal would be heard in the first week of next month.

Chong Wei said it had been a painful process waiting for his appeal to be heard. He said he had been sad in the weeks after he tested positive as he had never been in such a situation before.

“Throughout the ordeal a lot of my fans from around the world supported me and hoped that I would compete again,” said the two-time Olympic silver medalist.

He hoped that the Badminton World Federation (BWF) would consider that this was the first time he had failed a drugs test over the course of his 15-year-career.

“I only found about this substance after I tested positive for it. So now I have to face the consequences,” he said.

Chong Wei has now slipped to third in the men’s world badminton rankings.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Normally the hearing should be held at the present moment. Does anyone have news about it? It is awfully long and slow

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    National Sports Institute has no say in Chong Wei’s case hearing date
    By Fabian Peter - 9 February 2015 @ 1:39 PM

KUALA LUMPUR: The National Sports Institute (NSI) made it clear that they are not involved in determining the date for Lee Chong Wei's doping case hearing.

NSI, in a statement issued today said that it has no control or influence over the case which will be heard by the Badminton World Federation (BWF).

Chief executive officer Datuk Dr Ramlan Aziz who was quoted in the statement saying "Just like everybody else, we are also anxiously waiting for the case to be heard as soon as possible. BWF will finalise the date and they will inform BAM (BA of Malaysia)

"In the meantime, speculations are not beneficial in anyway and can only cause confusion among the general public."

Chong Wei who tested positive for the banned substance dexamethasone at the World Championships in Copenhagen last year, has since been provisionally suspended by the world governing body from competing in all tournaments.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/72291

Delay in Chong Wei hearing to ensure strong defence, says Khairy

Published: 9 February 2015 4:22 PM

Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin says the delay in the hearing of Datuk Lee Chong Wei's dopinbg case was because the government wanted to prepare the strongest case possible. – The Malaysian Insider pic, February 9, 2015.Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin says the delay in the hearing of Datuk Lee Chong Wei's dopinbg case was because the government wanted to prepare the strongest case possible. – The Malaysian Insider pic, February 9, 2015.The delay in the hearing of national badminton player Datuk Lee Chong Wei's doping case at the Badminton World Federation (BWF) was to ensure presentation of a strong case, said Youth and Sports Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin.

He said the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) had been reminded to be ready before attending the trial with the BWF Doping Hearing Panel.

"We should not be hasty as we have to study several details. We only have one chance," he told reporters, after checking out preparations for the 2015 Monsoon Cup in Teluk Danga.

He was commenting on a statement by Chong Wei who accused the BAM of delaying his defence at BWF.

"We should not attend Chong Wei's hearing with a half-baked case. For me, this is a very important case," said the minister.

Khairy said a failure to defend Chong Wei could result in the player's suspension for two years, which could lead to his retirement, adding that it would also indirectly affect the country's badminton.

"I have no intention of wanting this to be delayed longer than necessary, but we need to make sure the case we present is the strongest for the defence in Chong Wei's case. There is no point attending the disciplinary hearing with a weak defence," he added.

Recently, BAM said the national badminton player's doping case hearing would be held at the latest by next month. – Bernama, February 9, 2015.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/sports/article/delay-in-chong-wei-hearing-to-ensure-strong-defence-says-khairy

Chong Wei’s Case Still “Half-Cooked”: Khairy

Published on Monday, 09 February 2015 19:54

JOHOR BARU: Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin today came to the defence of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) over the association's delay in getting a hearing date for Datuk Lee Chong Wei's case from the Badminton World Federation (BWF).

Lee was suspended after dexamethasone, a banned substance, was detected in his urine sample.

Khairi said BAM was not procrastinating but the probe has to be very detailed and thorough, adding that the matter is still "separuh masak" (half-cooked).

Khairi was speaking at a Press conference before the unveiling of the Tunku Laksamana Johor trophy for Monsoon Cup here today.

Chong was said to be unhappy with BAM's delay in handling the matter.

Meanwhile, the trophy which pays tribute to Tunku Abdul Jalil Iskandar was unveiled by the Sultan of Johor.

The trophy will be awarded to the winner of the Monsoon Cup to be held in Danga Bay here.

It is crafted from gilded sterling silver with blue enamel standing upon a blue lacquered wood plinth.

http://www.malaysiandigest.com/sports/541246-chong-wei-s-case-still-half-cooked-khairy.html

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I agree.

The longer it takes, the less good it looks.

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Thank you for the info. Matters inside BAM look really opaque, quite frustrating!

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Is lcw blaming bam for the delay?

18. renbo

renbo Regular Member

At least the article says so

19. Dougie

Dougie Regular Member

Buyer
    Hi folks, Any update o date or LCW drugs hearing. t is dragging on ridiculously now..

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Lee Chong Wei to appeal against doping suspension on Apr 11

by Sumisha Naidu

POSTED: 10 Mar 2015 14:59

Malaysian badminton star Lee Chong Wei is set to appeal his suspension, after he tested positive for Dexamethasone after a sample of his urine was taken on Aug 30 last year during the World Championships in Copenhagen.

[​IMG] Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei (Photo: AFP/File)

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian badminton star Lee Chong Wei will make his case to a three-man panel on Apr 11 after being suspended for doping in 2014.

Lee tested positive for Dexamethasone after a sample of his urine was taken on Aug 30 ,2014, during the World Championships in Copenhagen.

The Badminton Association of Malaysia said its lawyers Mike Morgan Sports had been "working around the clock" for the hearing in Amsterdam.

"We appeal to every Malaysian and Datuk Lee's fans all over the world to continue to be patient and continue to give the moral support needed by Datuk Lee," said BAM deputy president Mohamad Norza Zakaria.

"Your support thus far has been a pillar of strength for Datuk Lee," he added.

- CNA/ac