Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Aren't you the joker? Prove it or you're just all talk.
    It's okay if you're giving your support and sharing ideas but what you're doing is getting on my nerves. What makes you think an average Malaysian would know better than some 'experts'?

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I feel sorry for eaglehelang

I feel sorry for eaglehelang.

It's so unfortunate that she was trolled in. :eek::eek::eek:

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    is there a place where I can download LCW's book?

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Proactive lah bro... Don't just follow people. Aiya... young poeple. Always this attitude. You do first lah. The I do later attitude. No wonder the nation is suffering.. lmao. I got a feeling you guys treating this as an assignment from the teachers? Angkat tangan lah,why so malu? Don't malas bros/sis. ;)

Dear Mr so and so,

I notice there are many BWF Badminton tournaments where you allow many players from each country to participate in the same event. Could you kindly change the format a little for the Olympics event like what we have in Thomas cup so that the competition has more variations and creates excitement for badminton fans? In IOC terms, it should follow what Judo is doing in the Olympics.

This allows other countries a chance to participate and give everyone a chance to enjoy. I believe BWF or the IOC have the interest to be fair for all nations and not allow each nation to dominate the event. In badminton case, it is China. They are manipulating the event for their advantage. This is very obvious from a fan's point of view. Ban CBA if you have the guts. So much damage and unfairness has been done to our World No 1. Datuk Lee Chong Wei. We love him a lot. Even my mother loves him very much and she is crying too. I bet your mother will cry too.

I hope you can consider and change it for the next olympics. If you can do it for this Olympics, I will give you a big kiss on your cheek. Are you ready? ;)

Thank you very much for reading this.

Are you all happy now??? lmao...

#7444 extremenanopowe, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    It will be available in Popular Bookstore Soon if you are in Malaysia.

6. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Thanks for info.

7. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

As much as I don't like China manipulating the matches, it is grossly unfair to the athletes. Why don't you think from their perspective also? There must be a solution to this without being unfair to them, all the blood, sweat and tears that the players put in deserves recognition and chance to be the best.

Maybe some players can share their perspective on this.

8. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

If that were to ever happen, we have to remember ALL badminton categories will also be affected. That would mean INA would only have probably Taufik fighting it alone in MS (i.e. no more Simon Santoso), Lee/Jung fighting it all alone (while Ko/Yoo having to be sidelined), JOJ not being able to participate just because he is ranked lower than an old and retiring PG (whom he could beat to prove his ability to carry on the torch) and countless others who have their own countrymen qualified but are segregated by such a stupid rule.

Personally, if people are qualified to enter as per the original rule, then just allow them, without considering the "2 from each country unless the 3rd is ranked within WR4" rule. Tough luck to the countries who have a depleted squad, there is no point to cry over spilled milk to see that another hugely successful nation has more than enough players on their side.

But of course, from the hugely depleted MAS squad's point of view, that would mean "fair competition", which is what these die-hard MAS fans are dreaming of and are almost dying for. Which die-hard MAS fan would want their beloved KKK/TBH to have as little chance as possible to be trashed by any of the KOR MD pairs? ;)

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    http://www.thecgf.com/faq/

---snippet:
    What are the core values of the Commonwealth Games movement?
    The three core values of the Commonwealth Games movement are Humanity, Equality and Destiny. These core values were adopted by the Games movement back in 2001 at the time of a review of the CGF's business plan and brand identity.
    These values help inspire and unite millions of people and symbolise the broad mandate of the CGF within the Commonwealth. For example through the Games we celebrate the spirit of humanity, we celebrate the triumph of equality among nations and people of the Commonwealth as every 4 years we come together to also celebrate the Commonwealth's shared values, traditions and language and for the competitors the Games represent the arc of destiny as the Games for them serve as a moment of truth, an opportunity to push the envelope of human performance to new heights on the field of play.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/clips/15551/
    Olympic games: An illusion of equality
    Broadcast Date: Oct. 16, 1986
    Transcending politics was the lofty ideal that motivated Frenchman Pierre de Coubertin to propose a revival of the ancient Greek Olympic Games as an athletic contest among the world's nations. But the modern Olympics are intensely political and have never been free from class tensions and jingoism, says cultural critic Varda Burstyn in this edition of CBC Radio's Ideas. This overview of the Games, seen through the lens of politics, takes listeners through the Workers' Olympics of the 1930s, John Diefenbaker's faith in sports as a force against communism and the overt nationalism of the 1984 Los Angeles Games. Olympic games: An illusion of equality
    • The pursuit of excellence in sport was not the only focus for Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the modern Olympics. According to the online Olympic museum, de Coubertin's ideal of Olympism was:
    • To be a religion, that is, to 'adhere to an ideal of a higher life, to strive for perfection';
    • To represent an elite 'whose origins are completely egalitarian' and at the same time represent the moral qualities of 'chivalry';
    • To create 'a four-yearly festival of the springtime of mankind'; and
    • To glorify beauty by the 'involvement of the philosophic arts in the Games'.
    • The first meeting of the International Olympic Committee took place in Paris in 1894. The committee chose Athens as the site for the first modern Olympics in 1896 in recognition of the Games' origins in ancient Greece. According to the official website of the Olympic Games, the Greek spectators were jubilant when one of their own, a shepherd named Spyridon Louis, won the marathon.
    • Bruce Kidd, heard in this clip, competed as a runner for Canada in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. He went on to become a member of the School of Physical Health and Education at the University of Toronto and a prolific author on sport.

Olympic games: An illusion of equality
    Medium: Radio
    Program: IDEAS
    Broadcast Date: Oct. 16, 1986
    Guest(s): Rick Bruno, Bruce Cummings, Bruce Kidd, George Lipsits, John MacAloon, Jim Reardon, Alan Tomlinson

Host: Lister Sinclair
    Reporter: Varda Burstyn
    Duration: 44:59

Photo: Postcard for 1934 Workers' Olympics in Prague from alphabetilately.com
    Last updated:
    Aug. 11, 2009

11. extremenanopowe

As a malaysian fan. We dream hard alrite...at nite. we never give up and enjoy the dream. Nothing is impossible. ;) Correct or not Datuk?? ;). lol.

This is just a suggestion to have variation and love for all.. camon people, spread your love.... (where is the love... sing it man. by pee ass gee). ;)

12. extremenanopowe

For DLCW fans...

[video=youtube;OldHd8r5_20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OldHd8r5_20[/video]

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so funny one....

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Just saw a FB with LCW's picture. Isn't it remarkable how he doesn't show much emotion when winning a match now...

15. Cole Turner

Cole Turner Regular Member

Head, Administration and Operations
    I suppose he's more matured in a way? I like that about him.. very humble and down to earth..

16. Smash-Tajam

Smash-Tajam Regular Member

IT
  17. Cole Turner

Cole Turner Regular Member

Head, Administration and Operations
    Went to popular book store last night. No LCW books available. I dont get it??

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i had my rm 200 voucher
    but dont feel like want to buy his book
    haha
    since i never his fans
    hehe

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Get it from the library...you can read for free.

20. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Datuk won't be very happy with this.:D