Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. jajvirta

jajvirta Regular Member

Programmer
    I might be wrong, but I felt like it was LD that first started to change the game to more aggressive and changing the pace. LCW was able to capitalize on that. When it was lower pace and more passive, Lin Dan was thriving.

But that's just the feeling I got. I might very well be wrong.

2. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Congrats to LCW and give him credit for the win. Especially, give LCW credit for being just a bit more persistent than LD.

But in terms of badminton, it was a big nothing. Late in the second game, LD was two points up and took an unnecessary smash. After the shuttle went into the net, LD was fully in the "I couldn't care less" mode. LD's casual attitude in the 3rd game was a total disgrace.

Unfortunately, we know only that LD will play 100% at the London Olympics. At other tournaments, it will just be a crapshoot. Even LD is not under team order to do something funny, he may just do something funny on his own.

Once again, credits to LCW for always giving the fans an honest effort.

3. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

If the hall is too cold surely they could just use a faster speed shuttle?

4. ghoster4u

ghoster4u Regular Member

Credit to LCW, despite using new racket. the sound also diff. Both player really tired on the third set but LCW focus seems to be increase... What best is he win it by LD stail (lose on first set), its really rare.

5. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Yeah .. I thought LCW will lose after the first game. Everything changed when LCW started playing aggressive. It was fun watching LD running around the court like crazy not to mention doing all the defending he is not used to.

6. wana2125

wana2125 Regular Member

military man
    i really disagree with this statement, how can u say that LD not playing 100% in SS, not fair for the world badminton, we can see in 2nd game that LD put an effort trying to finish the game when leading 18-17, unfortunately his smashing hit the net twice, people always said that LCW nervous once loss to LD, but the yesteday we might say LD also hv the same feeling whrn always make mistake, anyway congratulation to LCW and LD for reach final,

7. RedShuttle

Not sure which game you saw. LD's indifference was in plain view. It wasn't nerve at all. It was heart, or the lack of.

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    George, I hope you don't mind, i use the photo you posted in BC :p

View attachment 114316

Lin dan: Becareful, see you in MAS open in a few days time...;)
    LCW: Mix with The Best, die like the rest.
    Lin dan (in Confusion) : Who is MAS MS player that lose most of the time when meet me in the final last year?
    LCW ( in confidence ) : Ask yourself la, why do you ask me :confused: " What la you " ( Malaysian slang ) :D

#7328 Licin, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  9. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Funny, when LCW plays like crap it is always nerves, pressure, unforced error etc etc. But when it comes to LD it is always about motivation and now heart. Please give us a break. LD is a good actor and a spoiled brad. Why some people seem to condone this type of behavior is beyond me. It brings the whole sport into a disrepute.

10. RedShuttle

Is this a joke? Why should everyone have the same problem?

LCW has no lack of heart. His own coach said that he choked. I thought that was too harsh. But his own coach said it. I don't know LCW enough to disagree with his coach.

Exactly who condoned LD's lack of heart? An explanation is not the same as an excuse.

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Teh tarik anyone?

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    LD: Wei, you know what to do yah. I gave you good angpow, next week you give me the title, okay. ;)

13. gk_sezhian

gk_sezhian Regular Member

Lee chong wei changed his bat it seems rather than his regular Voltric 80 . Can you say whats that?

14. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I agree Chris on both players not playing top game. I just don't feel like mentioning it when it is obvious that despite that lcw continued making efforts to win the match. LD attitude towards the end is really not worth mentioning. Why shoud I feel disappointed? *shrug* I enjoyed watching it despite the lack of 'what should have been'. I am that easy to please :D I look forward to the next meeting of this two esp when lcw trash cl (i hope he does that). Really look forward to that. *yeah i am also that evil ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ*

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

His previous coach made silly comments to deflect the responsibility of the loss from him. My point would be if LCW s coach does 100% of his job, LCW would be unbeatable. LD choked but his fans saw it as disinterest or losing heart. Are you suggesting LD s preparing to lose his title defence? Why did he bother to win G1 convincingly? LD wasn't expecting the psychological roller coaster LCW put him through so he just gave up. This, from someone known for comeback wins!

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I dont recall Misbun say LCW choked. Neither did Rashid or TSB, not in the original malay anyway. Or chinese in TSB's case. Misbun would say it more diplomatically, and shoot at the management. They would not say so in public, as it would invite intense critism from all, and the coach will also get a banging.
    If you read one, please post, the original malay one,when translated & given a slant by the reporter, at times it comes out differently. ;)

#7336 eaglehelang, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

For the love of the sport and its future, everyone should renounce this type of player.
    Just giving an explanation is an excuse at least to me. If your definition is different then so be it.

Hopefully this does not continue in MO. Most likely a well coordinated tag team team match or sudden illness or injury will take place going by the track record.

For me, when a player wins it should be only because he was a better player on that occasion barring any valid injuries and not any other crap excuse or justification.

18. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Still want to say, Congratulation to LCW for grabbing MS title at Korea Open PSS 2012 :)

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Totally agree on this. LD knew he lost the match and put on a show of disinterest by questioning the obviously correct line calls and hitting out.

20. RedShuttle

Please watch the video on the BadmintonWorld.tv. Don't recall which one but it should be a game between LCW and LD. One of the commentators said it. You have to contact him to find out if the original was in Malay or something else.