Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am not the official one. The official one should be the Malaysian public, esp. his die hard fans. I am only one of the Malaysia badminton supporters.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Taufik should give credit to his opponent for all the hardwork his opponent that in training had beaten him...:D:D.. there are many aspects we can see from different perspectives if u wanna talk about this..

3. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Personally i think, the media sector and the public high expectation should be blame for playing the huge part in this. I personally beleive all Malaysian would probably expect in whatever tournament that Datuk LCW participate, he is expected to win it. Like Nadal or Federer in the world of tennis. In the scenario which he failed, we can expect already what will appear in the media here in Malaysia, the main news headline will be critics rather than supportive. Therefore, i think rather than more speculation appears, telling the truth even it is an excuse in nature will be logical. But at the end, either telling the truth or giving excuses or just zipping his mouth, he will still be critic. Public sometimes esp. the media:mad: just sometimes don't understand that Datuk LCW is just human. When he is defeated i feel pitty for him and i beleive he, Datuk LCW also does not like to give excuses.They just don't realise that he is a type of player that if he fails today, he can raise quickly and become a champion in the next tournament.... a player that learn quickly from a defeat to become a better player, and i reckon after his defeat in this year WC, he will be CHAMPION in Japan.

Credit also to Sho from the country of the rising sun. He shows tremendous improvements esp. during the Thomas cup until now.

4. george@chongwei

Yes, don't forget he also manage to beat another ina player, simon santoso in the thomas cup b4 this.

5. george@chongwei

LCW will face boonsak ponsana next in the semi final of the japan open..

alll the best...

6. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    I really feel sorry for the world number one ranked players of any sporting discipline be it golf, tennis, squash or badminton who lose in a tournament as they will be the targets of media-bashing and this is especially so in Malaysia where LCW has been severely criticized for every loss he sustains in a tournament.
    The media should be fair and as you said be supportive at times.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    wow..lee chong wei's form is back

amazing win so far,

beat Gurusaidatt RAJA MANURI VENKATA, 21-5 21-9

beat Kenichi TAGO, 21-10 21-10

beat Chunlai BAO [6], 21-10 21-10

oopss! nobody so far can get more than 10 points!

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Tomorrow's 4D 1st prize : 2110.

9. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

No doubt LCW is playing well but there seem to be some problem with bao. He can't keep up with LCW although LCW didn't play his fastest game(however, LCW did keep a lot of shuttles flat which cause a lot of Bao's smashes going into the net).

LCW seem to be playing too casually(as if he couldn't care less about losing a point) and there were at least 3 incidents where he didn't even bother to take the shuttle at the rear court(probably he thought those were out), just stood at mid court and watched the shuttle landed in court. The thing is after few errors in his game, Bao seems to be playing a suicidal game and made error after error. I have to said that the draft(PG did mentioned about this as well)in the stadium did seem to affect Bao's game a lot more than LCW's.

I hope LCW will continue to do well. But wether he will continue his good run, is still difficult to tell. All the best LCW.

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I watched LCW-KT match, LCW has KT in the bag, cruizing and toying, like a training match for LCW, no sweat. As you said, LCW was playing casually against BCL, that could be LCW was relax, no pressure, he had BCL in control and that is a sign LCW was controlling the game outcome.

11. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Hi OTB, haven't seen you for awhile after LD's loss in quarter final. It's good to have you back in forum. Well seems like LCW is playing well without pressure, hope he can keep that sort of mentality in Asian games. By the way, how do you manage to watch the LCW vs KT match? Was it livestream in bet365?

12. george@chongwei

2moro LCW will up against LD in the final of the japan open 2010..

ALL THE BEST, Datuk!..

Yonex should beat Li Ning in Yonex homegrown:D

13. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach

thats another way of saying lee chong wei should beat lin dan!

14. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

15. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    As i mentioned earlier..........he will be champion tomorrow, until proven otherwise:D

16. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Does anyone know when Lee Chong Wei changed from a Nanospeed 9900 to a Armotec 900 power?

17. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    i dont recall LCW using Ns9900 before.

18. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Hi did use a nanospeed 9900 !

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Speedy and Vaido kindly uploaded the video, KT defence was terrible, LCW put on a clinical display, picking and choosing where to go for winners, Tago had no chance. As for LD lost in QF of WC10, LD has no reason not to be motivated cos a win would mean his 4th crown and majors like WC is what LD gunning for...but if you watched the video vrs PSH in WC and the video of LD vrs PG in JO10, there is 2 versions of LD, one that was slow and standing still while the other was smooth and fast. It was not meant for MAS to get her 1st WC gold, LD out and LD injured his back at the wrong time and wrong place. And KKK/TBH lost. What can you say?
    The Jap fans are so lucky...how often these days anyone gets to see LCW-LD live, and LD-PG live...JYJ vrs WX that gonna be one darn good running game...maybe the Japs are no lucky after all to see their favorite son got a spanking from Datuk:D:p

#4180 OneToughBirdie, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010