Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yup.. Gun for asian games next.. it will be much more competitive.

2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    He is still young. He still have chances to make it.
    As usual, he had his excuse as usual......

3. siautk

siautk Regular Member

Social Worker
    Taufik won LCC, Korean won LD. That is good sign showing that Badmintin Man Single no more ruled by LCC & LD.

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    boy, you are in the wrong thread

if you continue there could be a lot of bombs coming to you

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Silence is golden, better leave the man alone, he must be hurting to see what a golden chance slip by...and there gonna be one last hurrah in 2011 and it ain't getting easier. He has beaten TH every which way the whole year round, why pick to lose this one la:crying:and lost 9 straight points in the rubber, what the #$%@, that is unbelievable:eek:

If I am LCW, and learning that LD got KO next, I would be banging my balls at the wall, it is akin to your opponent delivering a weak return at the net and all you need is tap the winner home and you win the game but instead you tap it into the net;)...it is like a 'char siu' (BBQ pork) dangling at the net right in front of your eyes, you can smell it, taste it, grab it but you missed...that is what LCW lost, but a much bigger 'char siu'....just imagine MAS could have 2 finalists so it hurts like heck:crying:

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

What's wrong with that? LCW fans are cool with that as far as I see :) Imagine if he posted that in the Lin Dan thread instead!

7. george@chongwei

It was quite unfortunate that LCW got this injury in the WC. Just like Simon and SOny..
    sigh, better luck next time.

Unexpected back injury crushes Lee’s world title hopes

THE sombre look on the face of national singles coach Misbun Sidek says it all. And it has nothing to do with him fasting in Paris.
    His blue-eyed boy Lee Chong Wei has probably thrown a golden opportunity to become the country’s first singles world champion after losing to Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia in the quarter-final on Friday.
    His path was cleared with the premature exit of China’s Lin Dan but an unexpected back injury crushed the Malaysian’s hopes.
    Lin Dan also crashed out in the quarter-finals losing tamely to South Korean Park Sung-hwan (pic) on Friday.
    Misbun knows too well that it was Chong Wei’s best chance to go far in his fifth world championships.
    “He had a good chance here but the injury spoiled everything for him. It is quite sad but I know Chong Wei did the best he could,” said Misbun. Misbun said that there was a moment of chaos in the Malaysian camp when Chong Wei complained of his back pain after the third round match against Rajiv Ouseph of England on Thursday.
    “Something on the lower back of his spine snapped during the match against Rajiv. Chong Wei continued to play. It was only at night that the symptons showed,” he said.
    “It was swollen and we did all we could to ease his pain. He could not bend as much as he could.
    “He even slept face down on the eve of the match against Taufik.
    “In fact, he was given a lot of pain killers prior to the match against Taufik.
    “Despite the setbacks, he managed to steal a game from Taufik. But Taufik stepped up the tempo in the rubber game and kept pushing the shuttle deep into base. Eventually, it was too much for Chong Wei to keep up and he gave up.”
    Misbun said it was difficult to explain the situation.
    “Sometimes, you want something so much and it does not happen. And whatever said are seen as excuses. To me, it is just unfortunate that Chong Wei suffered the injury at the wrong time.
    “This injury is common to players. I think, it is similar to what Sony (Dwi Kuncoro) and Simon (Santoso) are suffering from.”
    While determined to put the past behind, Misbun said he would make careful observation of Chong Wei.
    “I am not worried at all about his skills. I have to look into his physical condition. We have named him for the China Masters (Sept 14-19) and Japan Open (Sept 21-26).
    Misbun, however, is confident that Chong Wei would be ready to to play in the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi from Oct 3-14.

8. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    From my point of view, every player have their ups and downs in every match or even the tournament itself. In baddy term the called in "draught" if I am not mistaken.

LCW had this during his 3rd game againts TH and never had the opportunity to recover. On the other hand, it was the first time in a long long while the badminton world witnessed the resurgence of the brilliant Taufik. It was his first obvious sterling performance here after a long "draught" since 2006 and from the way he disposed off PSH yesterday, he could go on to capture the title.

So for LCW to have a short lapse of concentration in that rubber or what you may call it, losing to the former (or eventual) winner is not really that bad because it takes so much for one to be crowned World Champion.

Better luck, stronger mental next time round.

I am going for my "char siu" rice lunch now!!:D

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I did not know of LCW injury, my apology...still that golden opportunity gone hurts, if LCW was not injured, and with LD out, LCW chances is actually better than KKK/TBH IMO. I am just too disappointed, no hiding the fact, and if KKK/TBH does not win, I am afraid it will be a long time before this opportunity comes around

10. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    The draught I meant wasn't related to the so called injury cited by LCW prior to his defeat. What I meant was in a match there are bound to be a period where you lose consecutive points due to some unknown reasons and LCW did just that and did not bounced back in time.

Also the weak mental strenght played a big role too. LCW tends to relax when everything went his way but lack the mental toughness (courage) to fight his way back when he was down. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going and in world class badminton its always tough.

11. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    The draught I meant wasn't related to the so called injury cited by LCW prior to his defeat. What I meant was in a match there are bound to be a period where you lose consecutive points due to some unknown reasons and LCW did just that and did not bounced back in time.

Also the weak mental strenght played a big role too. LCW tends to relax when everything went his way but lack the mental toughness (courage) to fight his way back when he was down. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going and in world class badminton its always tough.

LCW needed just that.

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Good point. But if he wasn't hurt like MS said, I really cannot see TH beating him...now, I haven't seen the game yet, unless TH really played like in WC05, then it will be very hard to beat TH.

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Taufik looked alot fitter than the last encounter.

He was defo moving much faster around the court than he has been in a long time. Sad for LCW to lose or even get injured... but cant take anything away from TH coz his form, touch and pace was excelent.

Hopefully he'll make it all the way and do LCW proud as well by taking the title.

Then at least LCW can say he lost to the champ.

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

People tend to be too afraid that LCW 's injury would take away TH credit in that win.

To me, No.....TH did way better than he did in INA Open. We congratulate him for this win.

In fact, TH have been improving since AE10 to INA Open and now even better in WC10.

15. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Go LCW!!!!!Lets Feel Good.......

Win or lost is part of the game.....LCW won 6 titles up until now...
    losing in WC to a better player is ok lar.....
    losing to TH is better than other unknown players.....
    So.....:D:D:D:D
    [video=youtube;u5HRzaOFhec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HRzaOFhec[/video]

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    if taufik is not in form and sharp on his eyes he won't have stolen the 3rd set from lcw.

what i saw was taufik was able to capitalize on his net and defense to pressure lcw.

i am sure he sensed something not right or he was aware of where lcw made the most mistakes ;)

this is an in-form taufik we see today

and lcw is just the plain unlucky guy;)

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I've seen his match vs. TH in the 2010 WC QF Rd. My overall take:
    LCW was duped to playing TH's style which is the front court/net and slow pace..He then made his own errors/lost concentration or confidence in the 2nd half of the 3rd game..

18. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    We should be gracious to LCW even though he lost to TH in the 2010 WC QF match.
    He sustained his back injury during his match against RO of England in the 3rd round and he could very well have skipped the QF match against TH just as SS did in his 2nd round match but being sporting, he played. In fact it was not wise of LCW to play and he might have aggravated his injury.
    Lets wait and see whether TH could beat LCW again when they next meet.

:(:(:(

19. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

LCW is out for the China Masters due to back injury.

Source : The Star

20. george@chongwei

Yes, hope he get some good rest.