LD's blog post

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by zqloy, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    :D:D now you sound like your Old" bananaboy":D:D
    You should use it...bananakid never syas that kind of things....:D

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Yep..it is out but it is too bad that umpire did not see it....pls..guys not only LD's matches..many matches involved unfair line calls begining from first round in KO.....I can write long pages especially on INA matches...but they did not make a scene as they know that it would bound to happen in KO...many many players are aware too....thats what I sadi that BWF has to do soemthing about it on Korean organizer........

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well said man!!!

It doesn't mean that if someone provokes u, u have the right to hit him with a racket with anger :cool:

4. super__gao

super__gao Regular Member

i think that LD deserves a fine (something around $3000USD) no ranking points from the KO and him not being able to participate in the next tournament (most likely German Open). i think this is fair for him. whether he wants to apologize, is entirely up to him. but if i were him i would apologize to his fans who look up to him. lol i don't see LD apologizing to li mao any time soon.
    as for li mao, i think he also deserves some kind of penalty. i think somewhere around the lines of $2000USD fine is fair for him.
    i dunno if anyone noticed, but he push LD's coach pretty hard

i think this "fiasco" will single handedly force the badminton federation to use technology as a insurance when in dispute of line calls, whether it be the hawk eye system or maybe simple video cameras (i like this idea better).

5. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    Agreed, badminton needs systems like that.

Further, even with such a system, still something else needs to be fixed first. Say with that system, a player has 3 chances to chanllenge umpire judgements. However, what if there are just toooo many times there are unfair judgments?

The bottom line is that individuals just can never have fair games againt a group of cheaters.

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    taufik might ban lindan :)

7. super__gao

the badminton court is a lot smaller than a tennis court. players can see if their shots are in or out, especially if the shot is hit to the side of the court. for the most part, line judges are pretty good, it's just a few bad apples giving a bad rep to the group.
    i believe that players can challenge as much as they want, BUT if players start using it to change the momentum of the game (which of course some players will do), at that point it should be in the umpires hands to decide whether or not to award him/her the challenge.

8. TranslatorGuy

TranslatorGuy Regular Member

Thanks for the respect Kwun. I have been browsing through this forum for over a year and only decided to join now.

As for my username... I am just looking for a place where I can put my knowledge of English and Mandarin to good use, that's all.

9. TranslatorGuy

TranslatorGuy Regular Member

Cheers for that. :)

10. super__gao

badmintoncentral officially loves you. no more of that babelfish/altavista (although they generally give us a good idea of what is going on) nonsense HAHAHAHA:p

and how in the world does Li Mao translate into Li Spear?!?!??! :D
    LMFAO

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    does that mean you are volunteering to do more translation jobs for us in the future? (oops, that's a fast way to drive new members away... :p)

12. victory

victory Regular Member

As I have said earlier in one thread The BWF is already investigating KO bad line call. If they decide the shuttle was out I am sure and support BWF to take appropriate action agaisnt the lineman even the organizer. I think BWF should implement hawkeye and let all umpires to be lineman during final or even semi fianl matches. They should start this at once.

But what about LD's aggression on court? Can BWF let him walk away without be punished after he threw racket at opponents coaches' direction? Please note he has also picked up the racket and try to hit LI Mao after the threw the ractket. He acted aggressively for second time!! From that act a lone,we can logically deduce that he indeed try to threw his racket at LM. If the officials did not stopped him, we have reason to believe he will hit LM with his racket. No matter what other people try to twist and turn the issue. The fact is the whole world can see LD used aggression towards Li Mao. He truied to harm Li Mao. Thanks to today's advance technollogy and you tube!

I just find it so hard to believe that there are still people want to defend LD's violence act on court. At this point it is irrelevant that LD threw the racket under provocation or not. He should be charged simply because violent is not allowed.

As for Li Mao, he left his bench. That is not allowed by the rules. I am sure BWF will do something about it and I support that.

However the real issue we are talking about here in this thread is Lin Dan ' s violence on court. I totally agree that he is lucky the organizer did not call the police the bring him away. Do you remenber Taufik was ask to leave the stadium in Thailand by the security just because him was complaining too much to the umpire? Korean organizer is very lenient towards LD in my opinion. The Cezh umpire was also very lenient towards him. The umpire could have showned the red card immedately!

Do we want to see players throw racket at people on court in future? Do we want to see aggression on court in future? If the answer is no than BWF has to act penalize Lin Dan firmly and immediately.

Can you imagine if LD were playing in European country like Denmark and UK and he did this? Let say he were playing Peter gade or English player he throw racket at their coaches because he was "up set". I am pretty sure he will be locked up and the European organizers will file complain to BWF immediately. They will insist that LD to be punised. In these countries Law is above everyone, everyone is abide by Law. So what LD is world champion? There is still no exception.

What Lin Dan has done is aggression and violent! No matter how some other people try to twist and turn , it is not going to change to fact that what Lin Dan has done is blatant aggression and violent. Lin
    Dan must be punished!

13. super__gao

i'm not too sure you know the laws in a 1st world nation, but i don't think you can get thrown in jail for chucking a badminton racket at someone, and not even having the racket hit the intended person (that's if LD really wanted to smoke Li Mao or not). if anything he could only get fined some money or community service. yah i agree LD deserves to be punished. but the punishment should be badminton related. seriously, pressing charges and getting tossed in jail?? i don't think too many judicial systems in the world will look at the LD Li Mao incident if charges were pressed.

and i think you being a lil racist as well. please don't question whether the judicial system in certain lower world countries is worse than that of a 1st world country

#253 super__gao, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wow....what a post :eek:

If that racket actually hit Li Mao, I think Lin Dan would have been arrested for violence :eek:

Your interpretation is: No doubt Lin Dan is wrong, but Li Mao deserved to be thrown that racket because of his taunts and disruption of the game. Furthermore, there's no law against hurling a racket at someone :eek:

15. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Ha..ha.. TH & LD are now the 'bad boys'. Seriously, I don't condone violence but despite the numerous complaints, BWF is still in the doldrum. And it's ironic that 2 of the best players in badminton history have to send 'wake-up' calls before anything good can come out of such unfortunate incidents.

The umpire meted out the 1st punishment - a yellow card. LD could have walked off but he continued, finished the match with handshakes and took to the podium in a civil manner. I think these are positive points which BWF may take into consideration in deciding what sort of penalty/punishment they have to impose.

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Is ok Translator, I 'flew' round this forum for 6 mths bf posting anything.
    He he, now I have fellow translator, just different language, he he.

LOL, shows Li Mao's parents named him right. His words are like piercing spear.
    And Super_Gao, abt the punishment part, one addition, LD should not get the runner-up prize $$$ - Taufik didnt get his from HK Open 06.
    The punishment you proposed were the same as what was imposed to Taufik, just amount of fine for Taufik was less.
    BWF has to be consistent or there'll be another hu ha.

And the umpire was already very kind... players have gotten red cards for lesser offences.

#256 eaglehelang, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  17. victory

victory Regular Member

I did not say Eupropean country is 1st world country and I did not say other countries are lower countries. You were the one that says it. And you put words into my mouth.

And I am not racisit.

And I have no intention to argue with you on this higher or lower country or racist or not rasicst issue. You are trying to divert attention. You were the one that defend Lin Dan's violence at the first place.

If you call me racist again I will pm to the administrator Kwun to appeal to him to ban you form this forum.

So you have been warned. And don't say I am not beeing fair to you.

But before that I hope Kwun and other forumers can take notice of this.

The issue we are discussing is LD should be penalized for acting violently on court.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i don't know. NHL players fights every match like they are doing it for breakfast. never seen any of them getting arrested for those incidents.

19. super__gao

o, i have no idea how much taufik was fined. maybe double what taufik was fined is fair?! i really have no idea haha. yah +1 for the no prize money part for LD as well

all i know is that in canada, unless you really beat the crap outta someone, or you assault someone important (aka politician, bill gates :cool:) then you'll probably get charged with assault and given a fine or community service depending on the severity. but i don't think it's logical to charge someone with throwing a badminton racket in your direction.
    and where did i say li mao deserved to get a racket hurled at him??!?

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    What if the NHL player hits a coach or a spectator?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.