LD vs LCW

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by quik_silver, Sep 3, 2006.

1. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    LCW for the WC2006. LCW has good judgement in his opponents, and LD isn't an exception.

Will LCW face any tough opponents before going into the finals?

2. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

what an amazing match. the new scoring system is pretty entertaining. however I'm not sure if the matches will ever reach the epic battles of the 15 point system. I'm not decided on which is better though. For me personally though I'm a much better player with the new scoring system.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Totally agree with you.Misbun hands out clear report cards on LCW after each tournament. After MCO, he said LD was tactically superior.After HKO, he stopped short of saying LCW was more than good enough for LD.Is LD in good shape? He struggled against KJ (who basically did a TH but in a more diplomatic way by finishing the match with contempt on his face.); he struggled against LCW. One wonders what would have happened if TH didn't gift LD with a break at the expense of LCW?
    Li Mao would never publicly say LCW will win because he is Chinese and would not want to lose face.
    Anyway, LCW as World No. 1 is different from WCH and Roslin.With WCH and Roslin, when told they were WN1, their reaction was like "Really?" ie ,one of unexpected pleasant surprise. With LCW, he is very clear he wants to be WN1 because he knows he is good enough to be one. And he works towards it. He works on his fitness(he used to be puny; now he is sinewy.)He wasn't in the hunt for titles(altho' that would be a bonus). He was in the hunt to play LD to suss out how best to defeat him by experimenting different ways before WC.No, LCW is very clear-minded about his mission and unperturbed about comments on his chances.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Li Mao would never publicly say LCW will win because he is Chinese and would not want to lose face.

Li Yongbo is Chinese but I think he doesn't seem to mind losing face, if his past behaviour is anything to go by. :)

LD is no mean player himself and I think he is intelligent as is LCW. Remember he beat LCW more times than the other way round. Therefore one must assume that LD will also be making notes of LCW's play in order to remain on top.

The final verdict will be out soon, within this week and I hope Misbun is right in his assessment. What I don't like to see is that LCW is unwittingly being pressured into trying too hard to measure up and fail in his mission as a result. For all we know, both LD and LCW may be knocked out before the final, although the probability is low! :rolleyes:

5. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Li Mao reveal some secret

can someone translate this? Li Mao reveal some secret of HOng Kong Open after the WC

Pretty worry for Beijing 2008

#85 weeyet, Sep 28, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  6. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Actually Li Mao had revealed this right after the Hong Kong Open final already.