LCW whitewashed LD

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by X Ball, Mar 15, 2009.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yup, LD all of the sudden forgot his olympic romping skills, and went back to smashing game. Yup, without LYB and tang fu at his side, LD is lost and clueless to beat lcw.

2. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    ROFL X 1000000 !!!

Bingo! alfa-2, u r the man...

Story continues...

Headphones: See, I've told u... They have found out...

Dato Asbullah: Boss, what is our plan B?

Pemuda: Let me think first...

cooler: How can I help?

To be continued...

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    With this win against Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei has managed to overcome at least one of his private nightmares - his fallibility away from home. It has taken him 18 months to do it - but it has certainly been worth the long wait :)

Not that he has suddenly become invincible or, more improbably, a reliable and consistent whitewasher. Such honorific descriptions are not borne out by his record against Lin Dan - at least, not yet :p

In individual events, Lee Chong Wei has only won 4 times in his 11 clashes with Lin Dan. Um, that isn't too rosy.

If team events were added to the comparison, Chong Wei manages only 6 in 18 - and that's a poorer record.

If anything, the Swiss Open final was a honourable triumph for Lee Chong Wei - one could perhaps term it 'sweet revenge' or something similar.

In any case, the 'whitewash' claim is both misplaced and ambitious.
    If a 21-16 win is a whitewash, what is a 21-12 win or a 21-8 win?

Assuming proportionality, 21-12 would be a greater whitewash and 21-8 would be a double whitewash.

Ahem! Ahem!
    These were the game scores on 17 August 2008 :eek:

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Coming from cooler in such an uninspiring and dejected fashion, one cannot help but smell something fishy! :eek:

Be daring enough to tell the 'truth' that LD has just lost his appetite to beat LCW again, since they are good friends, and let him have the consolation of winning at least a foreign SS title to prove he is no more a 'kampong boy' wonder! :D

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Boss, please cut Boleh fans some slack. It is not easy being frustrated many times over, all those emotions being bottled up are now being released by them all. Let them beat their gongs and drums. Let them stomp their feet and beat their chests. Honestly, they deserved some joy.

The WC is just round the corner ...

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    why 18???and not 17????:confused:

7. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Is it really necessary to make such thread or is this another opportunity for the MAS fan and CHN fan to duke it out again. Overall I think Lindan still edge out LCW with his speed and physical size ( better attacking smash ). However not always do the better player win, it is whom who play best on that day. LCW did well and I am proud of him. I am sure the LCW hater will still post stuff like jaguh kampung or haven't win any prestigious title yet but who cares about them.

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hello Uncle,

I dont want to take anything away from this LCW's victory. Honestly, I think he deserved it last night. A win is a win.

But between the AE & SO, I guess LD sort of decided that with the AE in the bag it is already a good haul.

Anyway, we have another big tournament coming, the WC. Lets see then ... :D

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Edit: Actually forget it...

#149 phaarix, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u should understand that a mod is a person too, not a robot. Please distinguish the two entities, a mod, and a human being. Each and every member here has the rights to make sensible posts according the bf rules, i hope that is straight forward enough for u.

hahaha, glad u retracted that.

11. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Gosh you're quick! You weren't supposed to read that :p. I don't agree with a lot of your posts (I think some really stretch the whole "sensible" thing), but hey, it's not my place to judge the mods :).

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes quick but type slow and chatting on msn at the same time:p

13. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Lucky me then ;).

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u dont agree with my posts?? it seem u your brain said otherwise. The difference in the hearts:rolleyes:

phaarix.............
    PAW15 : Weijie.Gong.(Q)...... over Taufik.Hidayat.[7]...(0)
    PAW27 : Dan.Lin.[2].......... over Chong.Wei.Lee.[1]....(0)

cooler..............
    PAW11 : Weijie.Gong.(Q)...... over Taufik.Hidayat.[7]...(0)
    PAW27 : Dan.Lin.[2].......... over Chong.Wei.Lee.[1]....(0)

15. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Oh hey! I didn't mean ALL your posts!

(also remember, I'm not the one saying Taufik is the best player, I'm just saying he doesn't deserve the attacks)

I agree when you say Lin Dan is the best.

16. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Hi All!!!!!

I saw the Swiss Open MS final...It was a good final, It was interesting because we saw Lee Chong Wei beating Lin Dan.......I personally think that Lin Dan didn't show up last night, He wasn't playing his usual agressive and attacking game and at the same time Lee Chong wei played a very positive game.

Previously Lin Dan used to be better than Lee Chong Wei whether he played attacking or defensive. But yesterday Lin Dan Couldn't beat LCW in his Defensive style.

Otherwise I think Lin Dan is 20 to 50% better than all the other top 10 Players in the world.

17. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I think 20-50% is exaggerated a bit :). It's amazing what little differences in ability can come out as a big advantage in badminton. Take for example that Lin Dan would destroy someone who could destroy someone who could destroy someone who could detroy someone (etc. etc. etc. x 10) who could destroy someone still pretty good... like a NZ top player :p. Each step is not THAT big, but it makes all the difference in the scores.

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Records don't count from tournament to tournament nowadays and that's what make badminton matches more exciting.Records are useful for fans who want to justify their claims but it does not determine the outcome of future matches.
    But I agree that to call LCW's victory over LD here a whitewash is an exaggeration.Scorelines can be misleading.As Raphael wrote in Badzine, the AE MSF match was a lot closer than what the scores reflected. So too in SO MSF here, how can a 52min match be a whitewash? A 25min match maybe.X Ball must be on a super high when he started this thread.
    However,if it were a whitewash, it would be mental.
    Coming to SO, LD would be full of confidence and LCW still clinging on to shreds of his.
    Going into the MSF,LD's cumulative court time was some 2.5 hours compared to LCW's 3+ hours with LD's 3G match in R1 and LCW's in the last two matches before the MSF.So LD had a distinct physical advantage over LCW.
    On top of that, LD played 2 matches with teammates and knowing the outcome,he would not be taxed mentally;it's hard to tell if the other non-CHN opponents were even opponents.
    So LD arrived at the MSF,mentally and physically a lot fresher and certainly more confident than LCW.And with impressive credentials:OG, WC and AE champion and 20+ titles.
    How did LCW do it?
    Sheer determination, mental superiority and belief in why he 's World Number 1?
    Or maybe, LD's 10+ min extra court time in the SF between AE and SO made the difference? Maybe LYB's not wrong in knowing that LD needs an easy SF to defeat LCW?
    Actually I'm surprised that LCW won (haven't seen the match).I expected LD to thrash him but LCW has proven otherwise.
    A solid and most worthy WN1. Congratulations, LCW!

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lindan have 36 titlesssssssssssssss....if i remember.....correctly....:eek:

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

wow, my apologies to LD.ok , 36 titles and counting.