LCW whitewashed LD

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by X Ball, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Koi^^

Koi^^ Regular Member

Chef
    Congrats to LCW.. I guess the better player during that day won.

Congrats also to (some) BCers for showing fanaticism at its best/worst.:D:D:D

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Well said...you forgot to mention that it is ironic that when the usual high expectation and stupid pressures that MAS fans placed on LCW like in AE resulted in a thrashing by LD...anytime that when fans hype to high heaven that LCW will win and beat LD, LCW lost...and then in SO, those dumb pressures subsided with fans saying let's hope he can win 1 set or deliver a win to gain confidence, etc and wahla! LCW won...let's face it, LD cannot win continuously, LCW will win some but to win the biggies is what that counts...anyway, congrats to Dato for the win, it sure makes baddy more entertaining and hopeful. XBall bets LCW will win AE and he bombed...XBall lower down his expectation and LCW win...maybe that is the winning strategy for LCW to beat LD;)

3. Naxos

Naxos Regular Member

Telecom Engineering
    Just can't wait to see that match ! :D
    I just don't like Lin Dan's frequent complaints, almost arrogance and "not ready" when serving at. However he's amazingly good :)
    LCW is however a good player too, and a little more balance between these two is good for the show :)

4. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Those were priceless moments :D:D:D

5. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    very true... LD and his generosity, what ever... now not only LCW but others are looking forward to bring LD down. Next is uncle PG. He must be looking forward to this ;)

6. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant

I think he did use those gears but something when wrong and tadaa, he lost :p

7. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Haha, priceless ;D

8. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Congrats to LCW. He was more determined & focus & overall played a better game. On the other hand, LD is human as us & can have a bad game & lose. And if he has to lose once in a while, I am sure he is glad that it's the SO & not the prestigious AE.

I disagree that LD was arrogant. He's an extrovert, unpretentious & will display displeasure/frustration. I thought it was nice to see both LCW & LD putting their arms round each other at the prize ceremony - something for both LCW & LD fans to ponder over.

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Good one. I was suspicious halfway through the posting. For someone who has less than 50 posts to be so bold ... it's still possible. But for someone to be so eloquent and yet so absurd ... improbable. It makes for an easy target.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Pemuda and Dato Asbullah, it could be anybody.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

oh yes, I'm looking forward to this too. And Taufik to beat LD once again.;)

You forgot the high expectations were also from NSC Director & SPorts Minister, who right after the failure of winning 2009 AE, wanted a detailed report. That's how the pressure is. They in turn forgot China won all of this year's AE title, so the other countries BA, dunno how they explain. :p

Err, actually, there're quite a number of fans didnt put high expectations in AE either. ;)
    And, as previously mentioned, didnt you notice the one in the coach's chair isnt Misbun or Rexy (for MD) ? Not to say Misbun isnt good, different coach, different idea.

11. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

Congrats LCW. You surprised me ! HAHA...You suprised me and made my day !!

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I dont think so, because he 'No eyes see'.............:D:D:D

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    take a deep breath....see how cooler deal with him....;)....

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    LD shifted from 4th gear straight to "R", thinking that R represents Racing mode........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D, who knows it's Reverse gear instead, and tadaa.....gearbox meletup!!:D:D:D:D

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i have many opinions but can't divulge them all tho:D
    here is one. No doubt LCW played hard and 100% effort, but from the game score statistics below, it look like LD didn't change gears when he needed to be to win. Both sets, it seem LD played the same intensity, locked in cruise control, for some reasons (that's another topic:p). If LD step up, the game scores would be closer. Yes, lcw made less errors here but errors are caused by lack of self confidence or induced by opponent's pressure. If not pressured, a player look like he made less errors. Yes, lcw worked hard on the win, but it seem, LD was holding back, in both sets, at similar critical moments. Very unlike of LD style. That's another topic;)

Attached Files:

16. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Only 2 x 2 smash winners for LD? Weary legs, perhaps? I would have thought that that's an unusually low amount for him..

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I can see the endless frustration of seeing LCW being beaten by LD on a regular basis can do to a Boleh fan.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes yes yes...i suggest u take the photo of lindan DISAPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED face after defeat yesterday...and try to explain it...can???:Derm....not more than 1000 words....:p

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    surely...he SMASH MORE THAN 4 TIMES...but the question is....do tat score????sorry...no....u should see how lindan try to break tru lcw defence...and how lcw defence is????;)

20. xiao_le

xiao_le Regular Member

No need to say much. LCW outplayed LD.
    LCW showed us how to counter Lin Dan jumping smashes.
    Lin Dan showed us how he looked (lost n confused) when he cant win much points from his killing jumping smashes.