LCW whitewashed LD

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by X Ball, Mar 15, 2009.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Till then, let's not downgrade LCw.

He doesn't need that. Really. especially from us.

2. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

er.......i thought highest pole came from east coast????
    sorry ar....

3. danielwong

Salesman

but he aint legend yet
    just above average without major titles....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Yup. Not even LD.

Ld's on the way. But he yet to be a legend.
    So, to beat a soon-to-be legend, it's not impossible.

5. danielwong

Salesman

he is there and mostly there already :D:D

6. Foreverlove

Foreverlove Regular Member

ofcourse he doesn't need that from "us", but "us" need his victory, even once (a tiny victory) to keep "our" faith and confidence.

7. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Pretty unfair to expect something from him without giving him something in return.
    Don't you think?

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yang, am not taking anything away from LCW's SO win. I have said it earlier that LCW was a better shuttler that day in the SO final.

But we need to be aware that between the AE & SO, the AE is a major title and LD won that.

And yes, many were estatic with LCW SO win, but lets not get too carried away because with respect to the SO, the SO is no AE. LCW have yet to prove that he can beat LD in a major event and win a major title. Lets hope LCW can take the WC this year as it is about time for Malaysia as a badminton playing nation to win this title. And lets not get too carried away with this SO or else kita ni akan menang sorak, kampung tergadai nanti.

9. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Just watched the first set....LCW playing some great badminton, nice to see he's controlling the pace and not letting LD speed it up too much.

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Kalau nak kampung tergadai, don't have to wait for the lost of major title, you know?
    And basically, takde niat pun nak menang sorak. So, how to have the kampung tergadai?

11. jaydee

jaydee Regular Member

haha... this is funny man...
    Good... a calm Liverpool fan... :D...

lmfao... this is still not over... frankly, some ppl... go improve on yourself rather than worry about how lcw plays... if you LD fans think that LD is number 1, the best, the legend, etc... so be it, good for him, but being a fan of LD does not brings you more chics lol..... And if you think LD is the best, that still makes LCW rank number 2 in the world... its not an easy task to achieve. We should be proud of this then; for M'sians... ;)

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    aiya....why u say this here????let they in their well...;)

:eek:....why u know how i think????:eek:

he won all title last year where he participated(for lost to cj twice....ppl say...he is giving....;))

when someone say lcw=ld....ppl will shoot....when someone say lcw<ld....ppl complain also....life hard....:crying:

just like what i think

aiya....lcw should participate this THAILAND OPEN AS THIS IS ONE OF THE MAJOR TITLES FOR LD....(ask ld not to participate this year....:D...then lcw will have his 1ST MAJOR TITLE....iah!:D...)

this is weird....from what i quote....the post above this....is also from cooler....:rolleyes:

rafa is the estatic liverpool fans by telling SAF tat liverpool is the best team now...:rolleyes:...how can someone like him manage liverpool????:confused:....

anyway....i think the one singing in 2008/2009 football thread is the twins of pemuda....using his id....:rolleyes:...if pemuda show at here tat he is calm...

try to read the singing thread in 2008/2009 football thread in chit chat forum...;)...

a long long multi quote....:)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My 3 sens take..

..okay, i watched the AE MS Final again and the only significant difference i notice with the Swiss Open MS Final, as mentioned before, is the lack of attack or pace by LD, not only in the 1st game but also in the 2nd game. In the AE MS Final, LD's pace was up and he was doing quite a bit more smashes; perhaps because of LCW's not-as-deep lifts or clears. Whilst in the Swiss Open MS Final, LD just seemed to be holding back his attacks, even if it seemed like he could've smashed.
    Overall, i think no matter what is the result, LD is the key. As long as he chooses to dictate the tempo, then i can foresee him winning the match.
    As to why LD chose to play at a much slower pace in the Swiss Open MS Final, that i certainly couldn't figure out either..:confused:

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yup. agree. i just watched the SwissOpen final the first time tonight. i didn't comment before as i didn't think i was qualified to before i watch the match.

from the middle of the 1st game, LD didn't play at as high as pace as he did in the AE, and no where even close to that superman pace he managed in the Olympics. he chose to do many lifts and many clear, and he was always late to the shuttle.

to LCW's credit, he was playing at his usual form, speed was fast, patience, and accurate. LCW's confidence grew with LD deteriorating over the course of the match. playing at a tempo higher than LD, he was able to read and reach LD's shots, as well as having more fun at pushing LD around.

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I think it is important to note that this was because LD didn't play as fast, not because LCW was playing faster or he was more agressive. It is difficult to describe, but basically on every lift or net he made lttle attempt to make the shuttle earlier, but timed his movement to hit late & lift.

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

How about the fact that LD couldn't lift his game because LCW was so sharp. I saw LD trying hard in the 1st but LCW was able to contain him. It was almost the same in the 2nd.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmm..^^

..from my recollection of the 1st game of the AE MS Final, i could see both players playing even steven throughout. To an extent, LCW seemed to play better towards the latter part of the 1st game and even took a 2 pt lead. However, for some reason, LCW just couldn't finish it off like he did, in both games, of the Swiss Open Final; maybe a bit hasty in trying to close it out. In the 2nd game of the AE MS Final, LCW tried to stay even early on, but just couldn't contain and maintain his 1st game's temperament.

In comparison, in the Swiss Open Final, LD's pace seemed to stay basically consistent in both games, not much acceleration or slowing down (yet, he was basically still in the match). It just that towards the end of each game, LCW seemed to have more will to finish it off.

Maybe it all comes down to perseverance and will, along with focus>>mental fortitude..thus the appearance of LCW being sharper or so sharp than LD in the Swiss Open Final..;)

#297 ctjcad, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i do see LD trying in both games, but gotten quite frustrated with himself as most shots didn't turn out as he has hoped. now as to the real reason for being so, i think it is a combination of him being off in form and LCW being in good form that day.

LCW played his normal rally game with some attack in the mix. as i said, he was patience and confident. perhaps he was especially consistent and sharp that day, but honestly i don't see much difference between his game plan other than to do more rallies. having said that, it was the perfect game plan to use.

LD even though didn't really play well, he did show some signs of fight, but not all the time, esp during 15-17 on the first game, he just basically lost it and threw a few points to LCW. i think he was frustrated that LCW is playing well. and it is a flaw in LD's character. a good fighter will have kept on. he didn't.

19. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

The way I see it, LD is a smashing powerhouse but for some reason LCW kept returning his smashes even when some are suppose to be outright winners. I could have easily counted 20 smashes that are return effortlessly without his usual diving to save the shuttle. By then LD was just lost in what he should do.

20. Swift Freeze

Swift Freeze Regular Member

Student
    Apologies for asking, but how are you watching these tournaments, TV broadcast, hosted online somewhere? Recorded from TV? etc.

Thanks