LCW whitewashed LD

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by X Ball, Mar 15, 2009.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I am not sure you understood my content. Anyway I never said anything about choosing to lose. In fact, my thoughts are the same that LCW and LD are not far apart in levels and I have always contended against anyone who thought otherwise. On a good day, anyone of the two can turn the table against the other, which is now proven.

Hope you have not mistaken what somebody wrote to be what I said.

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

no one choose or wanted to lose. what i was saying is you cant win them all, even if you win 99% of your games there is still that one game you're going to lose somehow. if he is going to lose one he might as well get it out of the system on a minor tournament (compared with the other 3).
    ok, LCW got one up against LD. unless he think that from now on he is going to be the winner everytime they meet which is highly unlikely, LCW might as well and i'm sure he would like the win to be at the WC in august. but then again who can resist the chance to beat LD? to turn the table around if you ask LCW he can have a title out of the last 4 times he played LD, guess which one would he like most and least?

3. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

CJ whitewashed Andrew Smith 21-10 21-5. How's that?:rolleyes::p;):D

4. Tommy Susanto

You can tell the same things to Andrew Smith:rolleyes::D

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

21-0 and 21-0 is a white wash,
    21-10 and 21-5 is a yellow-ish wash.

6. Tommy Susanto

Andrew smith can't be this bad eh 21-0 21-0:p:rolleyes:

7. Tommy Susanto

What is a 21-1 21-1 then? A grey wash??:rolleyes::p;):D

8. Tommy Susanto

I drag and con you into this, perhaps?:p:D;)

9. jaydee

jaydee Regular Member

Mmm... I agree with you on this as your post make more sense now... :cool:

Yes, you CAN'T win em all at most cases but its not impossible... But you always must have the mentality and the will to win them all.. thats the important thing...

Just like how Michael Schumacher has the overall Championship titles 5 years in a row 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.. :p
    You don't question Michael which year he would like to win the most and least right? :D

Just saying that.. as a Pro playa, do your best in every match... :cool:

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    My apologies. I should have used the multi quote system. On the Choosing to lose I was replying to Jaydee.

Whilst I agree they are in at least moderately similar level I think LD is a notch higher - He relies on LD to have a bad day to win, whereas if LD plays well it doesn't matter how LCW plays.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think u misunderstood most of us. I didn't say LD choose to lose in this SO, i think didn't see LD going all out or change his game plan to win it. He resort to using his old tactic which worked in OG and AE, that was the best strategy for LD at that time. I would do the same thing too, why fix something that ain't broken? Now we all saw LCW has the ability to change the tactic and played with more confidence, i'm sure the china coach is cooking up a new plan for LD. Only TH own this reputation of choosing to lose, he did walkout on the 2006 HKO. Only TH had dispute with PBSI and choose not to play previous AE's. That is choosing to lose.

Your last comment is silly. When not in form, mentally and/or physicaly, your permanent skills would still produce crappy results. Just look at TH, no doubt he has great skills but can't get pass the QF. U can guess why.

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    So if Lin Dan smash able to kill Chong Wei then Lin Dan has a good day and if Chong Wei defense is solid then Lin Dan has a bad day? I think these are are excellent players and the margin is quite narrow. Chong Wei doesn't have good record against Lin Dan mostly due to mental toughness ... If you recall once upon a time, Lin Dan was in the same shoes as Chong Wei, unable to win big titles and finally broke thru and I expect Chong Wei to be the same in near future(better be as Chong Wei is not young any more)

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well, on your last point, I am not so sure now. After the AE, I would have agreed that LD is still a notch better. But in the Swiss Open Finals, I thought LCW has got his game together -- and I disgree with your views that LD was not playing his best in that. He was playing well in the 1st but got burned out. He knew LCW got his measure.

But let us not argue too emotionally on this but wait for the next encounter to see who is right or wrong.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I agree and I would also add that we need more than one encounter to make a better judgement who is really better and whether LCW truly deserves his WR1 tag.

LCW seems to have found the 'strategy' to counter LD during the recent SO but will LD allow another of his 'inept' performances to recur? If LD is an intelligent player, will he again allow LCW to dominate the proceedings? Will LCW use another strategy just to stump LD and make him confused? Maybe the next encounter will the most intriguing like a Chinese chess game. Who will call the first checkmate?

Maybe a minimum of 5 encounters (they have met twice this year already, the AE and SO) or by the year-end to arrive at a more meaningful decision? :D

15. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    no doubt LCW prevail this time...
    but as many said, LD is still the best
    in order to prove that LCW can match him
    lets wait for the next few encounters...

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Mamak session with fellow Liverpool fans

After the win over MU last Sat, I went for drinks with some friends who being Liverpool fans were estatic. They were going on and on and on about Liverpool being the best club in England and infact the entire world now because of that league game thrashing of MU.

Being a Liverpool fan myself, I was rather quiet because I dont see any real victory when what Liverpool gained from that game was only 3 ponts while MU dominated the football scene for almost 2 decades.

Likewise the LCW v LD match at the SO. The old malay saying comes to mind; Menang Sorak, Kampung Tergadai (win the cheering competition but lose the entire village).

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

yeah...true...
    i am also Liverpool, win MU 4-1 for what?
    EPL title also cannot get...:mad::mad: cis....
    this LCW and boleh fans also...
    win SO for what???? :mad::mad::mad:
    AE also cannot get....WC also dont dream...
    Malaysia already got biggest roti canai, biggest omellette
    longest teh tarik......highest pole....etc...
    when we gonna win it...

18. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Personally I felt a little relieve when LCW score a convincing win over LD in the SO.No doubt LD is still a notch better than LCW as far as the past acheivements are concern (although I'm a big supporter of LCW).Bear in mind, LD would be bounce back even stronger for each defeat he has suffered.Thus,LCW still has a lot of homework to do.He must sustain his good form to face LD and more importantly LCW must beat LD regularly.

Having to say that I must not take away credit away from LCW for his win.Without the hard effort, determination for success and never-say-die-attitude, this win wouldn't be simply fall from the sky.Indeed the SO title may just "sap sap sui" or not a heavyweight title if compare to AE and WC, but at least there is a signifcance behind, LCW had overcome his mentality barrier which led to his success.

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

pssst ... highest 'pole' can mean something else la. You should say flag pole instead.

20. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    As some have said, let's not take the credit from LCW's win this time... he's done it out of his hard work and I don't believe any 'kampung dah tergadai' due to his win so, let's drop that, please... to me that proverb is not valid to LCW vs LD match in SO... not until malaysia has sold everything it got for the sake of LCW's winning over LD. Let the fans enjoy the winning... we knew it's still long for LCW and he knows too how LD will be fully prepared to not lose again... I don't think anyone would ignore this fact... hope LCW keep up the great job he did in SO and doesn't falter during their next meeting... :)