LCW lost to roslin in simulation??

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by reiko80, May 7, 2008.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no lar...i just wrote what i feel...not sad really...i am rasional...if we are good...i will say we are good...if we are weak...i will say we are weak too...i am realistic...^^...

hmm...thomas/uber cup...kb(kota bharu,kelantan,malaysia) have heavy rain for this days...scare cant see(astro)...

2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

u oso orang kelate? :eek: Roslin Boleh...!!! Hafiz Boleh...!!! Kelate Boleh...!!! :D jimbo Boleh...!!! :eek::p

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Spot on, fellas, spot on. ;):cool:

4. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I think the Malaysian team might have done this on purpose to spread out the news that their TC main team are not in form. By doing this, they will make other country underestimate them, by thinking that the Malaysian team are not on form thus they will put their guard down.

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Is not a bad idea to judge the player's form from simulation, so Lee Chong Wei was not at his best and hence the lost to Roslin. If Chong Wei play like simulation during the real Thomas Cup then he has no chance, that is the fact. However, if he play like what we expect him to perform then simulation game is just meant nothing and only few more days for us to find out as TC starts this Sunday.
    Really no need to be so stress out before the actual event even occur :D

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

All i've got to say is...

...what entertainment we've got here, with all the posts, to fill up these last couple of days before all the "real" actions commence....And above all, you all have entertained our dear Pemuda...:p ;)..

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

This is typical Malaysia Boleh syndrome i.e. throwing out their toys when they dont get things their way.

Bye bye.

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

None taken, dude.

Time and Jakarta will tell. ;)

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

From another thread:

For the Record, BF does not allow any personal insults or attacks in any way. The discussion must be about the subject genre and related items only.

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    My view on simulation is that an opportunity (both physical and non-physical) is created with as close to the real competition conditions as possible for the players to get used to. A chance for them to give of their best as in the real competition.

As a matter of fact, if conditions (noises and actions) are created or 'simulated' to have two different camps to cheer their teams and to 'boo' the opposition as loudly as possible, so much the better. The noise decibel will even be better if it gets as close to what Istora Senayan is expected to produce, although this is difficult. Players will then not be shocked and unduly affected by the real conditions in the stadium.

Under such noisy and rousing conditions, the players are expected to play their hearts out unaffected, to play their best badminton possible. Because they are expected to play the real thing as they would in Jakarta.

So, if the report on the Malaysian simulation exercise is true, then the players have shortchanged themselves and their coaches. If LCW thought it alright to lose to 'old man' Roslin, then he is not true to himself and may well be punished for it in Jakarta when the real competition starts. :rolleyes:

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Uncle Loh

Are you in Jakarta yet enjoying the pampered lifestyle prepared for you by our well-connected hauge. I read somewhere (star.com maybe?) that the conditions that MAS team encountered in their simulation matches were far from the "Senayan hostility" that they were to face. From my point of view, it seemed like the simulation matches were a waste of time except for the rookies. I think the MAS team faces a sever uphill climb in the TC. The ladies however, with no pressure upon them, could do quite well. Let the games begin!!:D:D

12. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Those who criticized about LCW's loss to Roslin should be slapping their own faces by now.

What about beating LD in 2 easy sets 21-12 21-14? Huh?

U know who u r? :rolleyes: Shame on u!

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Form fluctuates, wait till the olympics.

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Before we celebrate LCW's victory over LD today, let us wake up to the fact that we are out of the TC. We were found out in the 2nd & 3rd MS while our 1st MD were outplayed. The fact that we gotta call upon a HH, a player who have let down the nation numerous times to clinch that crucial final point is kinda pathetic to say the least.

No point beating LD and then finding ourselves being packed out of the tournament. It is like winning a battle but losing the war.

To call for slapping of faces now is like spitting in the wind.

15. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Yup dont celebrate too early..i still remember after lcw beats lin dan in sudirman cup he lost in world championship...so i do hope lcw can maintains his form and be more prepare in his game for olympic!good luck lcw!i know u can do it!

16. badadum

badadum Regular Member

The signs are there allright, just the doubter doesn't know how to translate it, judging on how easy it is for LCW to simply dispose of LD. :p

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It wasnt about celebrating too early, read the preceding 6 pages, then you will understand robin7's post. And also post 109.

It was about LCW form, because he lost to Roslin in simulation match, he was bashed - some arguing here & there, some posts got deleted, a few non Msians (i.e. dont have vested interest to to support Msia players & are ardent supporters of their country's players) came up with their examples cos they got fed up with the negativity, since it was considered that LD will pack LCw up easily during TC.

So -> losing in simulation is no big deal, neither is winning in simulation.

Neither is (in my opinion) lost to China in TC & lost to Korea in Uber, a total waste of taxpayers $$$ (that too, 40% or less is taxpayers $$$, the rest is sponsors $$$) or gone down the gutter, in terms of the team building camp of building team spirit. :)

When it's the real tournament, the players, like during qualifiers in Feb, cheered for their team mates. Men's team cheered for the gals during Msia vs Japan. I didnt watch live today, not sure if the gals are still around in Jakarta to cheer for the guys.

#117 eaglehelang, May 16, 2008
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You'll better clarify that you're not a "Msia Boleh" fan who cant see the light (read = blind supporter, and that's a nicer term) ;)

19. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

yup i know...i just want to remind some of us not to be too excited...even though many people said the lcw wont win against lin dan today but i believed in him!And now we can see how he can handle the pressure quite well too!I also think its quite normal for a player to lose for example lcw lost to roslin in the stimulation match, its not a big deal...maybe its just my opinion.. =)

#119 xsakurax, May 16, 2008
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

We should learn from the Koreans. They are all serious business when they represent their nation. Whether it is a training or competition proper their approach is the same. In short, they do not take it lightly when it comes to national honours.

And no wonder the Koreans are streets ahead of us in terms of sporting excellence and even nation building.

Yes, LCW beat LD today. But to think that LCW has finally emerged as a serious contender is speaking a little too soon. In terms of head to head, LD is still ahead. In terms of titles won, LD is ahead by a mile.

We need to realised that we are out of the TC. Beating England, a 'revised' Korea and Japan is no big deal. For all the money being invested, it is poor returns when we gotta depend on a WCH and HH as 2nd & 3rd MS. And lets be clear, sponsor money is mainly from Proton. Proton is a GLC, so guess where the money comes from :rolleyes: