LCW lost at Quarter Final again...

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by murfice, Aug 27, 2010.

1. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    today star newspaper
    Painful Wei to lose.
    Unexpected back injury crushes Lee's world title hopes

Hate it when a player blamed injury for the loss even if it's true. If you are injured don't play but if you played that meant you felt you have a chance despite the injury. After losing you blamed the pain in the back. That is very disrespectful to the winner. (read between the lines-you are saying if I have no injury I definitely have beaten you. You(TH) win only because I was in pain and cannot play my best).
    SS knew he cannot be his best after getting injured and withdrew. LCW knew and thought he still have a chance and play (in a way looking down on TH).

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

even is injured, he have to play on, and get the title. Then he may become the first player who get serious injury to win the WC (it may be happen someday...)

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    so you think lcw should just walkover when he injured his back?

if that happens, what would bam, his fans and supporters think of it?

lcw is trained to withstand pain, to a certain extend of course

depending on the type of pain, performance will always drop.

if he sprained an ankle he may still be able to run

but he won't be able to lunge...this is one example

i will let you figure out just what you could do

with a back injury.

he could finished the game despite that

i say he has done us proud.

winning is not just everything,

if that is the case why are there so many low rank player

who never have the chance to reach quarter final still playing?

despite the injury, lcw did try to win

but he couldn't.

seriously if any player is seriously injured

he shouldn't play at all.

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Good post by pBM here. What will his fans think of him as soon as he gave up?
    But LCW couldn't cope with the mental pressure and the injury made his mental state worse. Taufik has all the credits for winning the first game.

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

He has got unexpected back injury la:D

Unexpected back injury crushes Lee’s world title hopes

THE sombre look on the face of national singles coach Misbun Sidek says it all. And it has nothing to do with him fasting in Paris.
    His blue-eyed boy Lee Chong Wei has probably thrown a golden opportunity to become the country’s first singles world champion after losing to Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia in the quarter-final on Friday.
    His path was cleared with the premature exit of China’s Lin Dan but an unexpected back injury crushed the Malaysian’s hopes.
    Lin Dan also crashed out in the quarter-finals losing tamely to South Korean Park Sung-hwan (pic) on Friday.
    Misbun knows too well that it was Chong Wei’s best chance to go far in his fifth world championships.
    “He had a good chance here but the injury spoiled everything for him. It is quite sad but I know Chong Wei did the best he could,” said Misbun. Misbun said that there was a moment of chaos in the Malaysian camp when Chong Wei complained of his back pain after the third round match against Rajiv Ouseph of England on Thursday.
    “Something on the lower back of his spine snapped during the match against Rajiv. Chong Wei continued to play. It was only at night that the symptons showed,” he said.
    “It was swollen and we did all we could to ease his pain. He could not bend as much as he could.
    “He even slept face down on the eve of the match against Taufik.
    “In fact, he was given a lot of pain killers prior to the match against Taufik.
    “Despite the setbacks, he managed to steal a game from Taufik. But Taufik stepped up the tempo in the rubber game and kept pushing the shuttle deep into base. Eventually, it was too much for Chong Wei to keep up and he gave up.”
    Misbun said it was difficult to explain the situation.
    “Sometimes, you want something so much and it does not happen. And whatever said are seen as excuses. To me, it is just unfortunate that Chong Wei suffered the injury at the wrong time.
    “This injury is common to players. I think, it is similar to what Sony (Dwi Kuncoro) and Simon (Santoso) are suffering from.”
    While determined to put the past behind, Misbun said he would make careful observation of Chong Wei.
    “I am not worried at all about his skills. I have to look into his physical condition. We have named him for the China Masters (Sept 14-19) and Japan Open (Sept 21-26).
    Misbun, however, is confident that Chong Wei would be ready to to play in the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi from Oct 3-14.

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I still remember the year 1997 WC MS Final........Sun Jun Vs Peter Rasmusen. ( CMIIMW)

Sun Jun was with hamstring injury before the final, he still go down and tried his heart out, people who watch that match really admire Sun Jun determination to do his best for himself, although he lost in that battle but I was so touched by his determination to do well in what he loves to do.

Same feeling goes to LCW.

7. julianng

julianng Regular Member

aiyo, if LCW does not say he is injured when he losses, his fans will go crazy and say he lacks this and that.

Example, mental toughness at major tournaments like olympic , world championship etc. etc.

If you ask me, this is a better excuse. So his fans won't start the whole inferiority complex thing with Chong Wei again (like losing to Sony in 2007 and 2009 WC )

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

If u wanna know the reason why he lost, why not wait him at KLIA and directly ask him what the heck actually happened during the quarter final if u bump to him.