LCW lost again...

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by murfice, Nov 21, 2010.

1. ricebowl

ricebowl Regular Member

CSR
    Fact is that LD is always ahead of LCW.
    Even if LD seldom joins in any tournament unlike LCW which by the way grant him #1 in ranking.
    I myself is a LCW fan but we just have to face the truth that LD is just too much for LCW. :(

2. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Pjswift I see youare able to give your accurate assesment (not that you couldnt before) on your match analysis. Many here are just blowing their minds with empty talk. Why do one think that LD is putting off the pedal in the second game to play the 3rd. LD did try to win it but he could nt sustain the pace.

Although LCW lost in the 1st, he played the right tactics. Many say he took the shuttle late and giving high lifts to LD but if you see the entire 1st match LCW was baiting LD to come forward to the net before giving high lifts to the back.

This is to prevent LD from going to position to thunder down those power smashers. That is the only way one can at least lessen the rate of fire from LD.

LD had to run from the full diagonal many times to retrieve the shuttle at the net as well as change his direction coming front and then going back again to hit the shuttles whearas against other opponents he would just leap from base position to smash.

He was unable to do that yesterday. By the time he finish the 1st match, the pace in the 1st match has taken a toll on LD.

LCW kept up with the pace by delaying his shots and moving LD around before going for the kill. Remember. if you smash LD whilst he is in comforatble position he could just return your shot easily. Thus, it is not that he did not want to finish in 2 sets but LCW had kept the tactics in the 1st match and when LCW was leading comfortably, LD knew there was no point in chasing every shuttle and tried to keep the rally short and there was his unforeced errors crept in.

The third was LCW turn to have taken his eye off the ball a little with his unforced errors in the 1st few points in the game. LD capitalise and saw his chance to pull through by keeping up the pressure. LD took a commanding lead and there was no way back for LCW.

LD won because he had a good sense of timing that is he knew when to chase and when to rest before looking for the 2nd wind to pull ahead. Had LCW not give away easy points in the 1st 7 rallys of the 3rd, the game could have been close.

I too would like to see LCW sharpen his attacking game but Its unfair to say his game is not up to mark. LD is an exceptional player bulit for the attacking game . I have look at all LD matches and LD take less time to execute a smash then any other player. LCW is slower by one second. LD could Jump and smash immediately. LCW had to jump look at the shuttle make sure the timing is right before he smashes.

There is nothing LCW could do bout it, it is how the brain, muscles and the nerves wired naturally in both these players.

Chinese fans and LCW fans may be emotional and rout for their LD and LCW, but to a neutral observer (by no means am I neutral) they were treated a fine display Badminton singles of the highest qualitiy. Each player has his own strength and weaknesses and in the end there could only be one winner and by probalility it must be LD.

Given the way both played. Paul Eric Loyer Larsen and Li Yong Bo are right, LD and LCW would still dominate the top 2 spot of the badminton pecking order with CJ trailing at 3rd. The new guys are still long way off to unseat the rest ( namely TH and PG) and are far from ready to challenge LD and LCW unless both retire now.

I may be disappointed with LCW not winning AG but then again did we have any one to cheer for before he came along.

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    no, i wasn't worked up at all.

i said that was to let you vomit out your poor digestions you have on lcw all these years,

i really don't know why, probably afraid and anxious too

but boy am i right about you.lol

4. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

on another note. LCW seems to be one of those players who could constantly add new tricks to the bag. During the LD LCW match in TC 2010 SF, LD surprise LCW with his cross court retrieving of LCW's sideline smashes catching LCW off guard several times.

CJ also used the same on other players.

Last nite LCW used the same tactic to catch LD off guard.

5. johnchang

johnchang Regular Member

none
    LOL sonnymak I like you :):D

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Good analysis and simple english to understand.

7. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Why the Misbun bashing? Misbun is a very good coach. In keeping with his tai chi master like character. Never scolds anyone always gentle and caring. A player does not need one hundred words from his coach during the break cause you have hundred of things running through your mind. U need your coach to say "alright, forget what happened in the 1st half, now he is doing this to you, you should do this and fight, you can do it"

Short words would most likely stick in your mind then a whole lot of match analysis and no guarantee that you get all of it in 2 minutes.

#87 sonnymak, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

i think Rashid is an even nicer person.

So is LCW.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    rashid is an even nicer person?
    wow
    this is amusing

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Now now my friend I am referring to him as he was in his playing days.

11. felicialim

felicialim Regular Member

Those who critic, please read

採訪手記:石傳威‧丹偉瑜亮情結何時休?

2010-11-22 16:19

• [​IMG]
      林丹(右)稱讚宗偉打得非常出色,這是識英雄重英雄,同時肯定是發自他的內心。(圖:法新社)​
    [​IMG]

(中 國‧廣州22日訊)李宗偉星期天在天河體育館進行的亞運會男單決賽中,堅持了72分鐘後,最終以1比2敗給了“超級丹”林丹,又一次屈居亞軍。這時,中國 部份媒體也許是興奮過度了,忘我般陶醉在超級丹的偉績中,同時還以“恥辱一敗”、“水貨一哥”、“軟弱”等字眼形容李宗偉。看了這些所謂體育記者的大作, 我會心一笑。
    怎麼都是那麼膚淺的文字呀?觀看了這場男單決賽,稍懂羽球的人也知道林丹與李宗偉在這場比賽呈 獻了羽球所有的精髓,讓人看得拍案叫絕,李宗偉輸得一點都不恥辱,“水貨”的形容更是狹隘的仇視對手的心態。賽後,林丹體現了大師的風度,稱讚宗偉打得非 常出色,這是識英雄重英雄,同時肯定是發自他的內心,因為超級丹心裡更明白,這場比賽贏得一點都不輕鬆。
    李宗偉在本場比賽已歇盡所能,把他細膩的技術、思想、體能、各種戰術和方法都用盡了,而且在輸 了首局後,他也沒有放棄,這種崇高的體育精神,足以贏得對手的尊重。再說,如果說他心理素質不佳,那早在他輸掉首局時,第二局就該崩盤了,就像2008年 北京奧運會時,但他還是沉住了氣,撐著拿下第二局。李宗偉落敗的主因,除了是他的實力差了林丹一點,另一個主因也是在第二局時消耗了他的一切,因此到了第 三局時明顯有心無力。多次回球質量下降,是因為體力已經透支,這是運動員們都能感同身受的。冠軍畢竟只有一個,但努力的選手都該獲得起碼的尊重,在我們祝 賀林丹成就史無前例的大滿貫第一人時,也該向李宗偉打氣,而非落井下石。

12. felicialim

趙劍華:林丹比以前更成熟

2010-11-22 18:08
    (中 國‧廣州22日)前世界冠軍趙劍華在評述李林大戰時表示,林丹比以前更加成熟,而李宗偉在身體素質上則不如林丹。開場後林丹以5比2領先,趙劍華認為林丹 正手推直線很漂亮,有假動作,讓李宗偉在判斷上出現誤差。不過,趙劍華也稱讚李宗偉連續進攻的意識和能力都很強,防守也很好。
    趙劍華表示,林丹的網前技術稍好,李宗偉則缺少變化和手段,另外林丹的變速也會打亂對手的節 奏。對於第一局的比賽,趙劍華表示:“雙方的進攻和防守都很強,多拍回合多,考驗體能。林丹的網前對李宗偉壓力大,推球讓李宗偉回球質量很難保持高水平, 而且林丹對落點的把握比較好,李宗偉跑動範圍大,體能消耗也比林丹大。”
    第二局林丹在開局比分落後的情況下慢慢追平,趙劍華表示李宗偉的失誤比較多,不過隨後李宗偉再次將比分拉開,趙劍華說這段時間林丹的失誤也開始增多。“這主要是林丹體能消耗比較大,比賽就是要鬥智鬥勇,同時減少自己無謂的失誤。”
    第三局開始後林丹迅速建立了領先優勢,趙劍華表示林丹的回球質量提高,增加了突擊,體力也恢復了,打得比較快,李宗偉的動作較慢,失誤較多,現在羽球運動對運動員的身體素質要求比較高。

13. felicialim

林丹接發球有很多小動作‧宗偉:還是差了一點

2010-11-22 16:51
    (中國‧廣州22日訊)大馬男單一哥李宗偉在週一受訪時坦言,在亞運會男單決賽歇盡所能仍然戰敗,的確很難過,但他還是滿意自己的整體表現。
    他說:“輸給林丹的確很難過,但我必須接受這個事實。”
    “其實,這次參加亞運會真的非常不容易,我來之前腳和背都受傷。真正只用了一個星期訓練和備戰。到了這裡,又再感冒和受傷。我已經盡了全力。”
    “在團體賽輸球後,我就定下單項賽的決賽目標。而我也成功打進決賽了,所以我感到很滿意。”
    針對決賽與林丹之戰的敗因,李宗偉表示:“主要還是在戰術上,還是差了一點。我回去後還有很多地方要提升。如果沒有受傷,我認為自己還可以給予林丹更頑強的對抗。”
    “此外,林丹的心理戰非常強,他每次在我發球前有很多小動作。這方面也是我要考慮和加強的因素。”
    對於接下來的計劃,宗偉表示可能會參加香港公開賽,但這要視他的狀態和傷勢再做最後決定。

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nicer person and nicer player is totally different thingy

15. sagoh

sagoh Regular Member

ya lee chong wei lose. But i think he has improved when he played against lin dan if u look at thomas cup and olympic. at third set u can tell lcw is tired. i think the main thing for lcw , he need to find back the passion of playing badminton. To him badminton must be fun regardless of win or lose. when u look at his eye when he playing lin dan, u can see a glimpse of worry or fear. He should feel excited and challenge because he got another chance to beat lin dan. I think His main enemy is himself. He should try to beat his old self and get better. maybe add variety(dont always return a straight return when lin dan smash) , do more trick/disguise ( th, pg), and more smash or slow down the tempo. anyway good luck for lcw next time against ld. haha

16. youngman

youngman Regular Member

Product Manager (Core Networks)
    Use google translator for this

17. youngman

youngman Regular Member

Product Manager (Core Networks)
    And the translation (Ain't technology amazing ! ;-)) :
    "(Guangzhou, China, on the 22nd ‧ Bernama) Lee Chong Wei Tianhe Stadium on Sunday in the Asian Games men's singles final, insist on 72 minutes, eventually lost 1 to 2 "Super Dan" Lin, runner-up again. At this time, the Chinese part of the media may be excitement, and ecstasy-like feats revel in the Super Dan, and also to the "shame of a defeat," "parallel imports of a man", "weak" and other words to describe Lee Chong Wei. Read these so-called Tiyujizhe masterpiece, I smile.
    How the text is so shallow it? Watched the men's singles final, a little badminton understand the people know that Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei in badminton game presents the essence of all, people to see lovely, Lee Chong Wei did not lose the one o'clock shame, "parallel imports" of described is the mentality of narrow-minded hatred of opponents. After the game, Lin Dan's demeanor reflects the master praised Chong Wei played very well, which is important knowledge hero hero, and certainly from the bottom of his heart, as Super Dan a better understanding of heart, this game is not easy to win one o'clock.
    Lee Chong Wei in the rest of the game have to do all his exquisite technique, thought, physical fitness, a variety of tactics and methods have been exhausted, and it lost the first game in the post, he did not give up the sporting spirit of this noble enough won the respect of competitors. Besides, if his poor mental quality, and that he lost early in the first inning, the second game on the collapse, just as the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, but he lived Shen Qi, propped won the second Bureau. Lee Chong Wei lost the main reason, in addition to the strength of his Lindane worse that the other main reason is consumed in the second when all his, so that by the third inning was powerless. Decline in the quality back to the ball many times, because the physical has been overdrawn, it is able to identify with the athletes. After all, there is only one winner, but hard to obtain at least the players have respect, we congratulate lindane in an unprecedented Grand Slam achievement when the first person, but also the encouragement to Lee Chong Wei, instead of adding insult to injury
    Listen
    Read phonetically

Dictionary - View detailed dictionary

Google Translate for my:SearchesVideosEmailPhoneChatBusiness
    About Google TranslateTurn off instant translationPrivacyHelp
    ©2010Business ToolsTranslator ToolkitAbout Google TranslateBlogPrivacyHelp

18. julianng

julianng Regular Member

LCW played his best game and still lost.

Many congratulations to Datuk for putting in a great game. Dont' be so depressed la. I will still support you.

Malaysian badminton is going downhill. We cannot put so much pressure and expectation on LCW everytime. He already tried his best and lost to a better player. Instead we should focus on producing many other great players for the future.

LCW has made enough contribution to MAS badminton. Younger players should take over his example.

19. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

wow some of you guys are amazing...

LCW's coach isn't the problem. He turned a completely defensive player into an all-round player so what more can you ask. There is really nothing much to say when the opponent retrieves everything back and clip smashes harder than your full smash. LCW was tired during the third set and his already weak smash (compared to LD or Taufik) got weaker and literally became a joke for LD.

Started off with a nice cross smash which LD got back diving...
    Then this caused him to force him even sending 2 more slightly out...
    Then played safe the rest of the way despite having perfectly placed straight smashes... nothing really worked

Defensively wise he was already low on gas and was made to cover much more court than LD in the 3rd...

In my opinion this game was not a mental choke for LCW... he tried things and they didn't pan out... if any of the people blaming the coaching can come up with a better idea then Im sure BAM would sure like to hear it.

As for saying LCW has bad timing... comparing both players major achievements, you're comparing a player with a couple silvers (most of which were a courtesy of the latter) vs another with numerous golds (with his only 2 silvers given by Taufik). Timing has nothing to do with it... LCW is unable to rise to the occasion (already a miracle when he doesnt sub par himself) while LD offers legendary skills every time.

Now with his legendary status confirmed... we have to see if LD will start his downhill slope like Taufik did after his own medal in Doha... it would be sad if it does but certainly understandable.

20. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Sorry dude, stop putting on the fake facade okay? :)

Just be honest with yourself and your contingent like you were a few months ago, with your "LD is finished" talks e.g. in the

AE2010 thread.

Back in the days where you didn't double space every post to make it look like it's full of wise words of gold.

No don't be too mad yah?