LCW In WC 2007

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by Blurry D, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Obviousily there's some sort of backdoor politics and power struggle involved and LCW is not siding with the current boss...

2. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

LCW blames head coach for the Defect !!

Chong Wei says it’s chief coach’s fault after defeat by Sony
    NATIONAL number one Lee Chong Wei served a double dose of shock for Malaysian badminton last night.
    He suffered a whitewash by Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro in the third round of the World Championships at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil, losing the match 11-21, 9-21. And after the defeat, he revealed a soured relationship with chief coach Yap Kim Hock.
    [​IMG] Down and out: Lee Chong Wei fails to return the shuttle in the loss to Sony Dwi Kuncoro.
    The second seeded Chong Wei openly blamed Kim Hock for the defeat and said that he hoped the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) would step in to solve the problem.
    “I am unhappy with the chief coach. He put a lot of pressure on my shoulders. I have a personal problem with him,” said Chong Wei, choked with emotion.
    He added that he had not been on good terms with Kim Hock since he made the decision to train under Misbun Sidek in March.
    “He was against my decision. But Mr (P) Ganga Rao (the BAM secretary) made it possible for me to train under Misbun. We (Kim Hock and I) do talk but I know that he has not been sincere and I have not been sincere to him too.
    “There is also another person in the BAM who tried to interfere in my preparation for the world championships under Misbun.”
    When asked who was the person, Chong Wei said: “I don't want to tell now. I want to get to the bottom of this and I hope the BAM will solve this.”
    [​IMG] Malaysia’s campaign in the men’s singles ended last night after Mohd Hafiz Hashim was ousted by Anup Sridhar of India.
    Kim Hock was not available for comment.
    Chong Wei was completely out of the match against a highly-motivated Sony.
    “Sony played above expectations and all his shots caught me by surprise. I threw everything I had at him but it just did not work. I just want to say sorry to all the fans,” he said.
    But he promised to bounce back.
    “I went through a slump after my quarter-finals defeat at the last championships in Madrid. No, I won't let it happen again. I will get back,” said Chong Wei.
    Misbun chose not to be dragged into Chong Wei's problem with Kim Hock.
    “Something was not right with Chong Wei today. He looked confused on court and his mind was not on the game,” he said.
    It was also the end of road for Mohd Hafiz Hashim, going down 19-21, 21-18, 15-21 to giant-killer Anup Sridhar. The Indian had in the previous round eliminated Indonesian superstar Taufik Hidayat.
    “My job is to prepare the players to the best of my ability. But if these are considered failure, I will take it as my failure as well,” said Misbun.

3. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

I see this is something a bad norm in the Malaysia badminton. I believe this issue is going to circulate around for a where in Malaysia badminton. If a player involved in this issue, he can no longer play a good badminton anymore. His attention/preparation/training is indirectly goes into the issue. Discipline is a very important thing in a player

4. dreamloverhsy

dreamloverhsy Regular Member

student
    i have a bad feeling about this....

but i have to say... his mentality not strong enough.

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I disagree. The mind is not that simple -- it is sensitive and rational. If he felt antagonised or pressurised, it is hard to quell it.

The constant insincere exchanges daily (both Yap Kim Hock's and his) exacted in him uncertainties, doubts, fear, pressure, etc. It definitely affected him so much that it lingers on his mind, especially when Sony stepped up and he finds it hard to cope, the mind started wondering about what was said (e.g. "if you lose the pressure would be on you that you move to Misbun instead of carrying on with Tat Meng" or something to that effect).

Why it happened the way it did is another discussion but when a player such as LCW is affected, I think something must be done. I cannot point fingers because I am not in the 'know' but it is affecting my prediction of LCW winning !:D

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    LCW should threaten BAM,
    if BAM doesn't solve this matter, he will move to singapore or he won't compete in the next tournaments like Taufik Did to PBSI :)

7. xmatvx

xmatvx Regular Member

y so many reasons when losing, what if LCW won the WC, will he still give that kind of reason?

8. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

I think Chong Wei was too emotional over the lost ... he was under a lots of pressure psychologically over the past few months with the speculation that he must win. We don't know the real story behind but one thing i'm sure of is the power struggle and internal conflict is not being properly communicate/solve... In addition, the attitude of pointing fingers when losing and claiming credit when winning from the players and coaches must be change before we can produce a world champion. Chong Wei must learn to accept defeat and he should have known by now that a world champion will always have the double pressure compare to other players and treat this lost as the most valuable lesson learned in stepping stone to become a world champion and Olympic Champion. This is because , even if he win the WC 07, won't he have double or triple the pressure of what he was facing now in next year's Olympic games? The whole pathetic situation of the internal BAM conflict is now being exposed by LCW, many would blame him for exposing it especially the individuals involved and i believe things will never be the same again when the coaches will find ways to deny him. However, though it is not appropriate for CW to blame YKH for his lost to Sony, but he did somehow indirectly pointed the cause of the internal conflict in the association. There are too many things happened in the association that is not known by public and many players become the victims of power struggling and competition among the coaches. Lcw lack of social support in helping him to ease the burden. He has to bear all the pressure emotionally to himself because he is not in good term with YKH... he might not have the supportive team mates to share his burden but instead competitiveness makes them more reserve to themselves.... Other players aim to fight/against the foreign players but our players fight among themselves first...lack of unity and mentality is main reason why Malaysia fail to produce a world champion in singles department. For CW, he need to understand that champion is the one who can perform well under pressure compare to others and he still have many chance ahead in the future world championship. Depends on how he perceive the situation, if positive, he will bounce back, learned his lesson and strive to win more tournaments but if negative, the wc06 will repeat and suffer another mental down. Actually, i believe CW gained more than lost in WC07....

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Maybe we should make it more competitive : divide BAM into TWO, yes TWO. If you don't like BAM A then move to BAM B : players & coaches then have a choice.

The TWO BAMS need to perform to get funds from the ministry. My suggestion and 2 cents worth.

10. taufik-ist

it administrator
    Taufik must cheer him up now :)

11. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

This is not healthy ! China handle it very well. We cannot allow a player to had a discipline issue such as this. If for China, u r out !! If u are involved in this, how can u play badminton anymore?Where is your concentration?

12. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Taufik when at his hey day, he also had the same problem with PISB.. since then till now, his performance is unstable like before...

13. taufik-ist

it administrator
    at least TH can't blame PBSI for his lose anymore :p

14. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

This is Malaysian. Include the fans too, if u r world Champ.. people will cheer you. If u play badly people will angry with u... Even the player also knew that..

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Good one.You are witty. 20% of your posts make me laugh. Can be a humourist.Thanks for a hilarious start today.

cooler likes this.
  16. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

I personally think Lin Dan is really mature and the comments that he gave regarding of his gf's lost to MC showed that he is the World Champion..... cause he understood what CW haven't understand yet...

Maybe MC should console CW the same way like Lin Dan huh...

Lin Dan To Take Xie For Retail Therapy (Badzine news)

Xie’s boyfriend Lin Dan spoke on behalf of her girlfriend, he said, “I comforted her by saying this World Championship is still a good learning experience for her, despite the loss, and despite the fact that she is a two time champion.

“Because I feel that this will be good for her preparation for the Olympics. It isn’t always good to keep winning. There is additional pressure when one keeps winning.

“As a player myself, I can totally understand how she is feeling and its good to have a support, in fact, there isn’t anything that needs to be said to her about what went wrong with her game etcetera.

“Understandably, she is feeling terrible now, like anyone would. But she might feel better after a good night’s rest. If it doesn’t, I’ll try to help her get over it as soon as possible rather than dwelling on the defeat because I feel it is not good for her to bring these negative emotions back to China with her.

#116 cheekygen, Aug 16, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  17. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Yes agreed! In the Ubercup, he play really well game. Because he is free of any pressure.. If he knew that someone had expectation on him on that match. Then, he will feel pressure again. And from the match i watch yesterday he is just like nervous... all his movement everything is not right !! He plays like a junior.. I never see LCW play like that before... It is really a totally different person on yesterday nite. Mental Strength !!!! Why all Malaysia player have this problem !!! So sad.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Retail Therapy, i take that LD mean a shopping spree with XXF in KL? I know it work for lotta lady frens i know:p

#118 cooler, Aug 16, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  19. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

As much as I feel sorry for LCW, it was really another case of emotional outburst from him after a loss. Blaming YKH for this current loss - I thought he changed coach some months ago. Why didn't he bring the issue up on the onset rather than after a loss. Kinda reminds one of his blame on the 'motor-mouth' LYB for wanting to break his legs after his WC 06 loss to BCL. And that apparently was said (if at all) during the HK 06 Open!!!

Yes, where is X-Ball....care to clarify?????

20. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    He has himself to blame for not being able to handle the pressure well. He made it sound like YKH had poisoned him before WC and caused him the loss. not a right thing to do.