LCW In WC 2007

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by Blurry D, Aug 16, 2007.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Hmmm, LCW lost because of too much pressure.
    H. Hafiz keep losing because too little pressure.
    So the correct amount of pressure is the sweet spot:D
    Hmmm.

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    It is pressure and expectation from being the top dog that LCW could not meet...when he is the underdog, he played way better...that is what I am saying, we talk about this damn thing on court last Tuesday, do you get it???

3. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I like this one... Obviusly MISBUN trying to do some "LOAD BALANCING" here:D:D

4. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

That's what I'm saying, he placed blame on his coach instead of himself... CJ yesterday even said he learned from his losing experience...

5. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

I'm a student, doing webdesign and a badminton equ
    Haha...nobody dares contest Yongbo

6. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

LOL....YKH is not able to find the sweet spot for his players .....and for himself too....:D

7. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Actually I was echoing your previous comment, not against it.

8. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

haha... ok, I wonder what the news articles on this fallout will be...

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    MAS coach are starting to follow the footsteps of Chinese Coach who always like to be in attention with MeDIA. While the Chinese talk more but get results everywhere for most of the time. MAS coach also talks more but they does not even get a single GOLD from any WC/OG !

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Chong Wei says it’s chief coach’s fault after defeat by Sony

Chong Wei says it’s chief coach’s fault after defeat by Sony

NATIONAL number one Lee Chong Wei served a double dose of shock for Malaysian badminton last night.

He suffered a whitewash by Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro in the third round of the World Championships at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil, losing the match 11-21, 9-21. And after the defeat, he revealed a soured relationship with chief coach Yap Kim Hock.

The second seeded Chong Wei openly blamed Kim Hock for the defeat and said that he hoped the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) would step in to solve the problem.

I am unhappy with the chief coach. He put a lot of pressure on my shoulders. I have a personal problem with him,” said Chong Wei, choked with emotion.

He added that he had not been on good terms with Kim Hock since he made the decision to train under Misbun Sidek in March.

“He was against my decision. But Mr (P) Ganga Rao (the BAM secretary) made it possible for me to train under Misbun. We (Kim Hock and I) do talk but I know that he has not been sincere and I have not been sincere to him too.

“There is also another person in the BAM who tried to interfere in my preparation for the world championships under Misbun.”
    When asked who was the person, Chong Wei said: “I don't want to tell now. I want to get to the bottom of this and I hope the BAM will solve this.”
    Kim Hock was not available for comment.
    Chong Wei was completely out of the match against a highly-motivated Sony.

“Sony played above expectations and all his shots caught me by surprise. I threw everything I had at him but it just did not work. I just want to say sorry to all the fans,” he said.

But he promised to bounce back.
    “I went through a slump after my quarter-finals defeat at the last championships in Madrid. No, I won't let it happen again. I will get back,” said Chong Wei.

Misbun chose not to be dragged into Chong Wei's problem with Kim Hock.
    “Something was not right with Chong Wei today. He looked confused on court and his mind was not on the game,” he said.
    It was also the end of road for Mohd Hafiz Hashim, going down 19-21, 21-18, 15-21 to giant-killer Anup Sridhar. The Indian had in the previous round eliminated Indonesian superstar Taufik Hidayat.
    “My job is to prepare the players to the best of my ability. But if these are considered failure, I will take it as my failure as well,” said Misbun.
    Source: TheStar
    =================================

Why blame chief YKH? If he cant cope up with the tremendous pressure, why blame others? I hate to see ppl pointing fingers at others when things didnt go their way, but hey, it's OK, u win some, u lose some. But why blame on YKH? If so, why didnt LCW bring it up to BAM prior to WC07? Honestly, I'm a bit dissapointed with LCW's comment. :mad:

11. hsengsping

hsengsping Regular Member

If YKH is to be blamed its because he could not do his job properly - he tried to manage his coaching set up but was "overruled" apparently.

At the end this is petty silliness - as a top player you take pressure, cope and perform. That's the definition of a great player. There was no such talk when he had the good run at IO, CO and PO with the same issue outstanding.

All unnecessary and a little sad as YKH seemed to a chief manager than a coach as the coaching element has pretty much devolved down to individual coaches eg Rexy, Misbun, Tat Meng, Soon Kit, etc etc.

LCW needs to knuckle down, admitted he played a poor game against a good opponent who played well (no shame in that). At at XXF vs WMC, his scoreline is marginally better and if anything the outcome is all the stunning given XXF is much more dominant in the woman's game than LCW is by comparison.

Come on LCW - concentrate on badminton and use your undoubted talents to captivate your supporters.

12. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Sad but its hibernation time for X-ball. He will rise again and meantime we will miss his :rolleyes: comments. Take a break and regroup and come back with a vengence.

13. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Its quite shocking to read the comments from LCW....come on, you don't say things like that in public, neither should you expose the dirty laundry to everyone. This, completely changes my opinions on LCW. Losing is ok, blaming on the head coach openly is immature. As for YKH, he needs to take some responsibilities as well to let this happen. LYB would be laughing at these guys.

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Badminton is not all about players ! If a single players lose.. There may be many factor behind it.. This sports as any others needs well proper management. If you dont trust your own players under ur belt. Don't expect they will pay back with some gorgeous results for u.
    As i posted here before, refer to the famous loss of MAS in TC06 at Japan... YKH finding all the excusses for the loss. But seems then, never recover back from then to win any WC title. KKK/TBH won't be in this kinda smashing form today iF they does't get Rexy as coach today.
    Obviusly...

15. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Well, as usual, mental weakness from LCW. If he under pressure, he could not do anything on the court. He could win in IO 2007 because everybody did not see his opportunity to win, especially in Indonesia.
    Now, with more than million people hope he can do the best, he was underpressure and lost. I think BAM should improve his mental weakness. I don't see any problem from his technical skill. With blamed his coach, this is prove that he got mental problem, and also prove he is not real champion. Why he didn't admit that he lost because the opponent better yesterday? I think his fans will accepted than blame his coach. What a shame!

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Nod. If a player loses, i think both player and coaches should share the blame and responsibilities.. Now we all see the advantage of LYB's strong grip on the national team. If u lose, it's player's fault.:D Nothing to complain about afterward:p

17. Terompah

Terompah Regular Member

Asst. Manager
    today newsletter , LCW says he can't win because of pressure from YKH. YKH did't give to him a green light to change coach from Wong Tat Meng to Misbun. but LCW bring this issue to BAM and Ganga Rao finally give permission to LCW to change his coach.

but for me LCW play suck. i wonder why he cant play in front of Malaysia Fans. so sad to look LCW cant move to quarter final. :(

18. hsengsping

hsengsping Regular Member

Analysing LCW outburst

Silly season. As a complete outsider to badminton politics and a baddie fan I find the outburst fascinating.

Actors on scene LCW, Misbun, YKH, Ganga Rao and one other at BAM.

The (recent) start, to my mind was Li Mao leaving and a scrabble of sorts for MAS MS coach. Slightly surprise winner Wong Tat Meng. LCW and KuanBH left soon thereafter without really sufficient time for new coach Tat Meng to make any sort of impact (YKH backed by one other at BAM was right if he objected to move) - this suggests significant player power/manipulated player backed by some in BAM (Ganga Rao has been mentioned) apparently.

Wong Choon Hann and WMC still with Tat Meng and performing pretty ok. LCW under Misbun performing pretty ok. KuanBH not performing at all of late (withdrawing from tournaments, getting beat at qualifiers). Has KuanBH not been given sufficient support from YKH in selection process or is KuanBH a lost cause? LCW is untouchable from selection process because there is really no alternative. So Tat Meng and Misbun are both reasonable coaches. LCW is an excellent player (regardless of coach).

Methinks BAM setup is divided (unfortunate but unsurprising) - choose a coach or chief coach and let them get on with it. Malaysians generally haven't been good about not separation of power and clear lines of authority and it is showing.

19. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    I am disappointed with LCW comments, tossing all this dirty laudries is not going to help or getting any sympathy from the fans. Be responsible and take ownership to your lost. If its pressure you can't take, you better change your profession. You are a professional badminton player, you live and sleep playing badminton, a dream job for many children. You are the chosen warrior and hope for Malaysia. Remember you mentioned winning the WC 2007 for Malaysia Independence Day. Isn't that putting pressure on yourself and now the blame on your coach because of some motivational pressure. Stop the blame and stop felling sorry. Put all this issue behind and start focussing on winning again.

20. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Ahhh, but YKH isn't really his coach, Misbun is... :rolleyes: LCW basically blasted YKH and not Musburn who is actually his coach...