LCW in his best form but LD can still dominate him

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011' started by galaxyduo, Nov 18, 2011.

1. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Indeed, they are (China) the Super Power in badminton. That's why their players were so freely to do fixing match in a tournament.

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

LCW speaks at least 3 languages (not counting dialects yet).. how many languages does lin dan and company speaks? taufik? only other multilingual top 5 that i know of is Gade.... (correct me if i am wrong)

3. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    where're the videos for the interviews? please post the links here. let's see who's word smarter?

4. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    LCW in his best form but LD can still dominate him.

Above topic title is still not totally true.

1. Dato' at his BEST FORM vs LD at his NOT BEST FORM

- Probability of winning : Dato' 60% > 40% LD . Likely Dato' will win in straight set in which none of the both set LD defeated below 10.

2. Dato' at his BEST FORM vs LD at his BEST FORM

- Probability of winning : Dato' 45% > 55% LD . Ld will win in a tight > 1 hour decider.

3. Dato' at his NOT BEST FORM vs LD at his BEST FORM

- Probability of winning : Dato' 30% > 70% LD . MOST likely ld will win in straight in which one of the set, Ld will probably thrash Dato' below 10

4. Dato' at his NOT BEST FORM vs LD at his NOT BEST FORM

- Probability of winning : Dato' 45% > 55% LD . likely ld will win in straight set.

5. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

LD schooled LCW in the 2nd and 3rd set today. Unbelievable. This is the same LCW that was crusing with ease in the tournament, dispatching Sho Sasaki and Kenichi Tago in 2 easy sets, not to mention his easy win over Peter Gade at the 4 Kings tournament.

I think LD was holding back some of his ability in reserve too. Again, LD did not go all out smashing against LCW (compared to the Olympics) but was content to play defense against LCW. LD was playing as "Superb Dan" today rather than "Super Dan." This is problematic for LCW because at the Olympics next year, we will once again see the "Super Dan" who will come out smashing - how can LCW stop "Super Dan" if he cannot even stop "Superb Dan"?

6. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I believe Lin Dan's games have become much more mature. An all-out smashing match can be demanding to him at his age plus the danger of injuries, although I believe he can still do it if he wants. It's perhaps also not the smartest way to play "hard to hard" against an aggresive player like LCW nowadays. He just seems to have more weapons in hand and is able to change his tactics easily whenever he needs to, while LCW just follows and stays behind.

7. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

agreed you would be naive and not know much about badminton if you think more smashing = win match faster.

smashing at LCW all the time is NOT the way to beat him
    LCW's defence is awesome and a fully committed smash leaves you very exposed to the CC defensive block, faster the smash = less time to recover to your base position and retrieve the net block. LD is not so foolish to smash it every time. not only does it use unnecessary energy, but it can leave you feeling frustrated (cos LCW will return the smash more often than not) and leave you exposed to the net block as i said before.

LD plays the game that is needed to beat LCW. HE didn't hold anything back. That's just for the wishful thinkers and die hard LD fans amongst us :rolleyes:

8. Siege

Siege Regular Member

So LD is definitely better than LCW! :)

9. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Yes Lin Dan is a lot better strategy wise and makes less errors.
    All the skill in the world would be no good if the strategy employed is not sound. This is because the Chinese coaching team is head and shoulders above their Malaysian counterparts.

They probably will have Chen Jin or Chen Long run down LCW before facing LD in the Olympic final or in Lin Dan case have an easy game against his counterpart.

Oh well, we can just hope for an upset.

10. thanay

thanay Regular Member

busness owner
    Yup. From documentary I watched, CHN sporters are recruited and trained since early age and they must compete with millions to ultimately be selected as CHN national sporter. Being CHN national sporter, I would extremely proud to represent 1.3 billion people. :)

11. neowing

neowing New Member

LCW lost to LD again. Bloody hell. This is my suggestion to win OG2012

(1) LCW must remember his main aim is OG2012. Forget about No 1 ranking for now please and get more rest. You are not young anymore. REMEMBER TO peak at right time.

(2) Focus on training new tricks + NEVER SHOW your TRUE potential in competition till OG2012.

(3) Improve your smash. I can see even Chen Long's smash is better than yours. Try to get some tips or two from smash pro such as former Indonesian players in 90s or counterparts around you.

(4) Study LD like a text book, from HK Open 2011, as he is playing more seriously from that moment. Try to understand how he take the game.

(5) Improve stamina cos u always lose steam by 3rd set.

This is only my opinion lar, never give up but to win LD, u must strategize. GOOD LUCK.

12. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I must say that this is a very impressive FIRST-TIME posting! I didn't see anything comparable or close to this kind from any first-time poster here previously. And your chosen nick 'neowing' is also quite intriguing ;)

well, welcome to board!

13. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Why is it so hard to recognize that LD is better player than LCW?

To LCW's credit, he narrowed the giant gap at the Beijing Olympics to a miniscule margin at the London World Championship. But the reality is that LD is simply the better player.

LD is one of the greatest players in the history of badminton. After '05 WC where TH reigned, it has been LD's era. Anyone, including LCW, can beat LD only as an upset. The best LCW and the others can hope for is making sure themselves being at their best when some sort of lapse happens with LD. If LD is at his best, there is no training or strategy that can beat LD.

Therefore, bettering LD is a hopeless goal that can only lead to pressure to fail and bring psychological scars. Accepting the inferior position and being the best they can be to capture the right moment is the right way to score a victory off LD.

14. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Couldn't have said it better ...
    I think LCW gets tired because he is using a lot of energy to be fast in the court. So if a person can counter and make him move around more, then it is a goner like what LD does now.

Win or lose, he will always be my favourite player.

15. neowing

neowing New Member

Hi. Been a silent follower in this forum for a while. I hope LCW doesn'nt lose the faith yet. All in all, he had played/trained hard but now must do it the smart way.

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You should ask Morten Frost. He said during OG08, LD is superior. But now he considers LCW better. Tactics is the key factor in outcome, all other things being equal. The right tactics is dependent on comprehensive preparation and comprehensive preparation now must include intensive homework that only CHN coaches are capable of. MAS players ( including LCW) and coaches just don t get it because it s time consuming and intense thinking. Now that is real, hard work.

17. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Morten Frost's judgement is compromised by his feelings for LCW, due their history. By past and recent results, LD is clearly better than LCW.

Now, this is sports. The beauty of sports is that anything can happen. If WKW and SS (or even KT) can beat LD, surely LCW can beat LD.

It is unrealistic and unproductive to think that there are some specific things such tactics or coaching that would enable LCW to beat LD. The reality is that the outcome depends more on LD than LCW. If LD sets out to win, he will win.

The best that LCW can do is not exhausting himself to better LD but to prepare himself to be at his very best in every encounter with LD and let the sporting god decide the outcome.

18. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Redshuttle is right. If LD is focused on winning, there is nothing that LCW can do.

Boleh fans want to believe it's China's coaches that help LD over Malaysian coaches, etc, etc, that LCW is not rested, etc, etc. The truth is, LD is a better player than LCW. If LD wants to win over LCW, LD will win over LCW. There is no coach in the world or no amount of rest that LCW can get to beat a determined and focused LD.

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Everyone can be defeated with the correct strategy.
    What you & redshuttle are saying is the one not making sense. It is only right in paper. LD lost some matches because he was simply outplayed. Saying he lost because he did not want to win is sounding like a typical fan boy excuse.

20. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Badminton is much more than strategy, lol. You can have the best strategy in the world but if your skills are not there, it does not matter what strategy you use.

As for skill:

LD smash > LCW smash
    LD net play > LCW net play
    LD drive shots > LCW drive shots
    LD deception > LCW deception
    LD consistency > LCW consistency
    LD stamina > LCW stamina
    LD power > LCW power
    LD anticipation > LCW anticipation
    LD line judgement > LCW line judgement

LCW is lacking in alot of skills compared to LD. If LD is motivated and focused to win, there is nothing that LCW can do because LCW's skills are inferior to LD