LCW for his 4th Malaysia Open Title

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by donchang, Dec 15, 2006.

1. donchang

donchang Regular Member

Hope to see our great player to defend his title this time for a record 4th times in a row. Although that he has not playing at his best in this few month especially in the big tournament like world championship and Asian Games but watching him play has make us malaysian proud as he is the only single player in malaysia that can match the other great player from other country like LD, Taufik, Peter Gade and Lee Hyun I. Hope he can make us proud again in our own malaysia soil... And also wish that he recover fast from the injury that he pick up during training for the AG. Hope that we can shout the malaysia slogan again loudly this year....... Malaysiaaaaa BOLEHHHHHHHHH Againnnn.......

2. blessing

blessing Regular Member

i tot he suffered from knee injuries n might not played for malaysia open nx yr... y dis yr malaysia open so erli huh..

3. soleha

soleha Regular Member

student
    Yeah... hope lcw will get better soon...

4. happysoul_4556

happysoul_4556 Regular Member

student
    Go LCW!! and donchang..let me help you with the shout..
    MALAYSIA BOLEHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

5. blessing

blessing Regular Member

lolz...kids nowadays..

6. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Lol! :D :p he has beaten CH once and LD twice in the past :eek: :crying: :p but this is he will 4 la! :D :p haha :p joking ;) 4 means die in Cantonese :D

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Taufik will beat LCW this time... :p

8. soleha

soleha Regular Member

student
    I hope not... but i think so..... :crying: anyway:cool: , i will owez support with shout MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!!!!!:p :D :p i'm SURE LCW WILL TRY THE BEST N WIN D MO!!! GOOD BYE, TH.........:D :p :D RE LCW WILL DO D BEST 2 WIN D MO, SO TH SHOULD WORRY ABOUT THAT......

9. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

i hope that LCW is as dominant as TH as in INA open... but i hope he wouldn't also stage a walk-out... it would be a scary situation for malaysians...lol :D

10. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    i won't be hoping too much for LCW...
    caz of his injuries...
    i think is hard for him to defend his title nxt year...
    but miracke always happen for him in mas..
    i hope the legend will be continue...

11. bchaiyow

bchaiyow Regular Member

Chong Wei: Malaysian Open win the best 50th anniversary gift

PETALING JAYA: The world's best players will be around and it will be a tall order – but top national men's singles shuttler Lee Chong Wei has found extra motivation to win the Malaysian Open title for the fourth consecutive time this year.
    A win, he feels, will be a perfect gift for the country as the Malaysian Open, which will be held from Jan 16-21 at the Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium (KLBA), is celebrating its' 50th anniversary.
    The country, too, will be celebrating its 50th years of independence.

The US$200,000 Malaysian Open is the season opener for this year's Super Series introduced by the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
    “It will bring me great joy to win the Malaysian Open on its 50th anniversary,” said the current world number two player.
    “Malaysia is also celebrating its 50th year of independence. There is no better time than this to win the title and bring cheer to the home supporters. This will certainly motivate me,” said Chong Wei.
    The Malaysian Open began in 1937 – 70 years ago – but will celebrate its 50th anniversary because there was no competition from 1942-1946 and from 1967-1982.
    Since the tournaments' inception in 1937, only three players – Wong Peng Soon, Rashid Sidek and Chong Wei – have won the Malaysian Open for three consecutive years. Peng Soon, in fact, holds the record for winning it five straight years.
    The 24-year-old Chong Wei could close in on the record by winning this time and he is determined to start the year with a bang.
    “I know that the world's best players have confirmed their entries. It is the first leg of the Super Series and all are hoping to be the first winners. It will not be easy at all but I welcome the challenge,” said Chong Wei.
    China will be banking on reigning world champion Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai, Chen Hong, Chen Jin and Chen Yu while Indonesia will be relying heavily on Asian Games champion Taufik Hidayat.
    The other stars are Denmark's Peter Gade-Christensen and Kenneth Jonassen, South Korean Lee Hyun-il and Thailand's Boonsak Ponsana.
    Thanks to the new BWF ruling that separates only the top two seeds in the 32-player draw, some of the first round matches could go down the wire.
    “It could be tough from the first round but I am looking forward for a great start to the year,” said Chong Wei.
    Except for winning the individual gold at the Melbourne Commonwealth Games in March, Chong Wei went down fighting in the All-England semi-finals, World Championships quarter-finals in Madrid and Doha Asian Games semi-finals.
    His main goal this year is the World meet from Aug 12-19 in Kuala Lumpur.
    “It will be held at home and I want to emerge as the winner here. It is also the qualifying year for the Olympic Games (2008 in Beijing) and I want to do well in some of the other Open tournaments,” he said. “My coach (Li Mao) has beefed up my training programme. I am focusing on some tactical approaches in my game to give me that little edge against some of the players like Lin Dan and Taufik.”

12. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    nice! finally hes ready to move into tactical game!!:D

13. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    :rolleyes: :eek: this is tough but all the best!!oh,good to see CY will be there too!:D

*2007 1st post*....LOL!!

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Three Things in LCW's favour :

1. One-eyed home crowd :D
    2. One-eyed home crowd :D
    3. One-eyed home crowd :D

Need I say anymore ?

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Personally i also want LCW to win. But i find it hard this time for him to go for 4th Malaysia Open title. I hope i'm wrong.

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Every year, in the past 3 years, people wondered about whether it was possible for LCW to win it one more time, and he had delivered every time.

This year should be no different. I think he has it in him to win it a 4th time as he is still young and capable. Don't worry about the injury, it is a 'furphy' as far as I am concerned. He will defend it with as much enthusiam as he did in previous years -- he does not mind being called 'jaguh kampong' should he win again.

I think when the game is on, his adrenalin will be pumping together with that of thousands of his fans. When that happens, he will know he is in a game and this is where he calls on his reserves, which is not aware that he has when he plays anywhere else.:)

17. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    perhaps wad LCW needs now is total concentration n focus i think its possible for a fourth title... plus he won the first tourney he took part last year perhaps he could do the same well..furthermore, its his home soil this time although we all noe its not goin to be easy!! well, all the best LCW!!!!

18. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    Im confident in Chong Wei.... Local King mar........
    Go go chong wei!!!!!!! Support u forever!!

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    All the best to him too.. I do also hope he can win. But its not going to be easy. Lets see the draws.

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The last 2 MO wins over LD were 3-setter and basically comeback win for LCW. Considering this is a SS with probably all the world's best present and all gunning for high 07 ranking for seeding in WC07 and OG08 coming up, therefore for LCW to do a 4-straight is going to be very tough, even on home soil and LD is not going to forget the previous 2 losses. I do not like the law of probabity and the pressure placed on LCW to win...Hope I am wrong as I would like to see LCW go far this year and next year esp.