LCW and an Olympic gold in Rio

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by latecomer, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Wow! This guy only focusses on the Olympics. Must be quite boring to only be able to enjoy one tournament every four years. And saying that nobody remembers LCW because he got silver twice is just ridiculous; he got one of the biggest fanbase in the world of badminton. No wonder LCW is disappointed in his 'Malaysian' fans.

2. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Beats me, that's a vent from Malaysian and I remember my friends from Kuching, Miri and Sabah were saying the same about being over rated and over hyped because he's yet to dedicate the big titles for Malaysian.

There's one thing about Olympic gold. Our president invited all the athletes going to Rio for a gala dinner in his palace and he said he wanted medals and Indonesian anthem to be sung in Rio. But I bet he doesn't even know or even heard of what BWF Super Series is about. He never make time for anything else but Olympic, Thomas/Uber or Sudirman :p

3. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    At least, LCW already give Malaysia 2 OG silver medals. Who is the writer? What his contribution to the country to speak like that? :rolleyes:

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Well, in that case, you're right and this article is right. Every tournament LCW has won is meaningless because it's not the Olympics, Thomas or Uber Cup. If the president of Indonesia doesn't know about these other tournaments - as presumed by you - why even bother winning SS/SSP tournaments, let alone Grand Prix Gold titles? </sarcasm>

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Just LOLed at the article.

The guy must have had a fight with his wife in the morning before penning down this piece.

visor likes this.
  6. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Because only diehard badminton fans know about the term Superseries or SS Premier or Grand Prix Gold.

But you ask people in the street in Indonesia of Olympic, Thomas/Uber, World Championship and Sudirman. Surely everyone know about it and try to tell you a thing or two.

You think people know what Superseries, Premier or Grand Prix Gold is if they're not a hardcore badminton fans? People will go "Huhh? what are those?" :p

7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

So you put the "opinion" - or rather lack of opinion - of random people on the street in your country above the views of knowledgeable people that actually know about the sport we are talking about?

8. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    They don't give a sh*t of Superseries, Premier , etc unlike the Olympic, Thomas/Uber, etc

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Now we know why INA veterans like the MD and XD haven t won titles lately because the boss said Don t bother. We can expect INA to win the MD and XD golds at Rio.

By the way, badlove, who s the author and what s the source publication of the opinion piece? It s a BC rule to give credit to the source publication. Are you the author since there s no name?

10. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    INA MD and XD aiming gold in Rio and "giving up" the other titles? You've guessed right, huge bonus awaiting them rather than grabbing many SS titles. Singaporean usually read some Bahasa so there you go (taken from CNN Indonesia). Let me know if you need translation.

Source for the other opinion piece? https://www.the-newshub.com/other-sport/why-lee-chong-wei-represents-malaysias-failures

Jakarta, CNN Indonesia -- Pelatih ganda putra, Herry Iman Prierngadi, fokus menggenjot fisik Mohammad Ahsan dan Hendra Setiawan jelang Olimpiade Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.

Dalam ajang pesta olahraga dunia tersebut, Ahsan/Hendra ditargetkan dapat meraih medali emas.

Alasannya antara lain karena mereka saat ini merupakan ganda putra unggulan kedua dunia. Di samping itu, Hendra pernah meraih medali emas saat berpasangan dengan Markis Kido pada Olimpiade London 2012.

Walau sempat tampil buruk di Australia Terbuka dan Indonesia Terbuka, Herry yakin metode latihannya akan mengembalikan penampilan terbaik Ahsan/Hendra pada saat Olimpiade nanti.

"Terutama kekuatan pukulannya. Latihan sekarang 60% lebih ke fisik, tapi itu juga dikombinasikan dengan tekniknya," kata Herry usai latihan di Pelatnas PBSI Cipayung, Kamis (16/6).

"Dan hari ini kami latihan drill circuit. Jadi ada empat lapangan, mereka harus jalanin lawan-lawan yang berbeda di tiap lapangan."

Herry mengakui performa Ahsan/Hendra menurun setelah ajang Piala Thomas 2016 di China. Akan tetapi, secara pribadi Herry tidak terlalu khawatir dengan kondisi tersebut.

"Karena fokus utamanya memang di Olimpiade. Jadi memang pengaturan-pengaturan program latihan, dan lain-lainnya, kami fokuskan untuk Olimpiade," katanya.

"Saya optimis. Ada sisa waktu lima minggu lebih, saya optimis bisa menampilkan penampilan Ahsan/Hendra yang terbaik."

11. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Back to topic!:)

A good friend of mine from Kuching said he's already tired of hoping for big titles from LCW. His heart has been broken and hurt for too long seeing Lin Dan and Chen Long always managed to beat them in OG/WC. This time, he's not expecting anything. So LCW might give them their first gold when it's least expected.

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thank you, badlove. Boleh, no translation required but BC rule require translation otherwise post may be deleted. Yes, please ask your friend not to bet on LCW for Olympic gold.

13. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    My pleasure, simple translation for non Bahasa readers:

In a nutshell, Herry IP our MD coach doesn't worry at all regarding Setiawan/Ahsan recent performance as their training, program , everything is tailored and mainly focused for this year's Olympics.

Herry IP, "I'm optimistic. In five weeks , with our training regime I will give you the best of Setiawan/Ahsan" citing their target in MD is the obvious, Rio Gold.

footnote : Herry IP also looking to threepeat as a coach, he's the architect behind 2 previous gold from Wijaya/Gunawan and Setiawan/Kido, and many other big titles for INA.

#53 badlove, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Too much of arguments and bickering at the badminton forum clearly spoils the actual purpose of this forum. Joining this forum is good so we can get the latest updates about badminton.

Looks like nobody want to lose the arguments and people just keep on arguing. Fights cannot be avoided.

I wonder what would people around the world say when they read this. I had friends who ask me this question. What is the purpose of the forum? Is it to fight non stop and keeps on arguing? Just remember that anybody around the world can read the things posted here.

So the best thing to do is think first before we write or post anything. If the things that we write can stir up heated arguments and chaos better don't write it. Also it is pointless to keep wanting to win am argument. Remember we may win the argument but lose a friend.

So the best thing to do is we need to maintain peace in the forum. No point to keep on arguing. Only write in the forum if we have things to ask or things to write. Don't treat this forum as a place to release anger and stress.

So the best thing is if you have nothing to write just keep quiet and don't need to write anything. Come on this is the 21st century already. Sometimes when I read the post written in this forum I felt as if world war 3 will start very soon. Of course we want to avoid this.

To maintain peace on the forum, it is very important for everyone to cooperate and don't stir up sensitive issues here. Since 2 weeks ago I dare not post anything in this forum in fear of getting into constant bickering and arguments and fights.

If can I also don't want to write this. But then constant bickering, heated arguments at the forum have prompted me to play the role of the peace maker in this forum.

So please I beg everyone please help to maintain peace in this forum.

Another thing that should not be done in a forum is pick on a poor pitiful player as a target then keep targeting him and keep belittling his achievement, shame his name and let the whole world see how terrible he is.

Sometimes people can just hate and despise a player so much that they can go on and collect so much proof just to tarnish a players image. Well action speaks louder than words.

It is already pitiful that athletes need to bear all the pains and injuries and just play on. Worse part no appreciation and worse still people will just use all sorts of methods to shame him.

Please if we are so angry and despise a player so much, there is no such need to shame him in public and smear his name and achievements to extremes.

What we have posted in the forum shows our level of maturity and whether we are educated or not. A well educated person can differentiate what is right and what is wrong what should be written and cannot be written.

Please if we hate and despise a player so much please don't release your anger on the player in this forum. As said this forum is not a place for us to vent our anger on a player to the extreme.

If there is really nothing to do and you feel bored, go and sing songs, watch movies make yourself happy instead of wasting time here and keep putting up posts and write nonsense here for the sake of writing.

15. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    http://sport.viva.co.id/news/read/711939-taufik-hidayat-jagokan-chong-wei-rebut-emas-olimpiade-2016

VIVA.co.id - Legenda tunggal putra Tanah Air, Taufik Hidayat mengakui menjagokan pebulutangkis Malaysia, Lee Chong Wei sebagai peraih emas bulutangkis nomor tunggal putra pada Olimpiade Rio tahun 2016 mendatang. Bagi Taufik, saat ini adalah momen yang paling tepat bagi Datuk Lee Chong Wei untuk merebut lambang supremasi tertinggi sebagai seorang olahragawan.

Taufik beralasan tahun depan merupakan titik akhir bagi Chong Wei untuk menuntaskan ambisi merebut emas Olimpiade sebelum 'gantung raket' setelah gagal dalam 2 kesempatan sebelumnya pada 2008 dan 2012. Kala itu Chong Wei harus tunduk dari Lin Dan di partai puncak.

"Sama seperti saya sebelumnya, seluruh Indonesia berharap dan mengharapkan saya untuk memenangkan medali emas Olimpiade Athena tahun 2004. Oleh karena itu saya merasa Chong Wei perlu untuk memperkuat mentalnya," terang Taufik yang dikutip media Malaysia, Bernama.

"Tahun depan akan menjadi kesempatan terakhirnya. Bagi saya, di Indonesia atau Malaysia, bulutangkis adalah olahraga nomor satu," lanjut juara dunia tahun 2005 ini.

Suami Amy Gumelar ini pun kini memahami keadaan Chong Wei dimana di pundaknya bergantung harapan Malaysia untuk merebut medali emas pertama mereka di kancah Olimpiade.

"Bulutangkis membutuhkan prestasi gemilang dari negara-negar Asia Tenggara karena kita tidak ingin melihat negara ASEAN tanpa wakil di Olimpiade. Setidaknya sekarang kita memiliki Datuk Lee Chong Wei," tuntas Taufik.

TRANSLATION :

Taufik Hidayat favors LCW to grab Rio Gold

Taufik Hidayat " This is the right moment for him to do it. This will be his last chance for an Olympic Gold before retiring after coming short in Beijing and London."

"Just like how I felt before, the whole nation's hope is on my shoulder and expecting me to take home Athens Gold in 2004. I think he need to really forge his mind and mental aspect" quoted Malaysia news agency , Bernama.

"This is the last chance. For me, in Indonesia or Malaysia, badminton is the number one sport"

"We need to have good achievements from South East Asian countries, as we don't want to see ASEAN countries without representatives in the Olympic. At least now we have Datuk Lee Chong Wei" added Taufik.

16. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

I agree.
    Taufik > LCW?
    What a joke.

well-son, blabl and Rob3rt like this.
  17. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Taufik has OG, WC and AG.

LCW has zero big titles.

Just beating another dead horse hehe.

18. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

If your opponent keep defeating you, how can you claim that you're better than him?

blabl and Rob3rt like this.
  19. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    If LCW never won OG, WC, or even AG. How could he be better than TH who already won those big titles?

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You know, in this third Olympic quest for Lin Dan's three-peat, he is in his worst form and shape. Even Chen Long is shaky at this critical stage , so how can LCW's prospects not be brighter than ever ?

Just hope none of the Super Trio is trumped by a dark horse, then we'll likely get to see a Dream Final between any of the Three Top Guns in the Final.