Lasting impressions

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by pjswift, Jun 28, 2009.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

1) Ong Jian Guo
    The one time I saw him play, it was against CHN's star XD ZB/MJ. He really impressed with his intelligent play, catching his highly rated opponents offguard many times. The reason why he couldn't sustain his sharpness was his partner's failing.Really, it's not very common to see an MAS player so clever when inexperienced.He should be fast tracked and partner with WPT so that he remains motivated to play even smarter.

2) LCW vs youngsters from 5 countries
    Isn't it interesting that LCW's opponents are all youngsters? For all except CL, he gave the hurricane treatment. A smashing G1 ,then a lull before the terror ending in G2. CL got the cyclone deal.He thought he wasn't doing badly in G1 until he got swirled up in G2.
    Ye333 is right. CL's footwork's just so poor there's no reason for MAS rookies to lose to him with the right tactics. CL's just riding on his lucky wins over top players, creating the impression of prowess and fear. A high centre of gravity's not helping his movement.
    Of all the youngsters, JPN's Tago offered the best resistance.
    But one thing's for sure. They will have renewed respect for the WR1.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    chen long is not greedy, upsetting 1 top player per tournament is satisfy to him. He must be very lucky chap to last to the final. With his poor footwork, he beat TH. CL is so lucky.

You must be overwhelmed with great joy to create a thread on celebrating the accomplishment of a WR #1 beating a 57th rank player.

#2 cooler, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    TH isn't exactly the model for footwork and speed...

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Isnt this thread about overall of the tournament that pjswift saw, which is what she does after every tourney she goes, if others havent started one. LD fans also make similar or more 'terror' comments when LD trash his opponents, including LCW, whom most consider 2nd to LD.

China fans also create thread on LCW "whitewashing" Taufik, which I find odd & isnt a big deal, over the years, they've played each other dozens of time.

#4 eaglehelang, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it is also my tradition to give my opinion on pjswift's post game analysis

ya, most considered lcw 2nd to LD, all except bwf ranking system and the bolehian
    hmm, i thought u would had surfed BF long enough to know how that thread came about...

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    If I were Lee Chong Wei, I would be embarrassed to play in a GP event.
    As the sport's top-ranked player, shouldn't he be only at the top events?

Why not leave the second-rung events to others down the ladder?
    Why sign up for the India GP, the Malaysia GP, etc? :eek:

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I have posted before..Blame it on Yonex SUNRISE....:DLCW may have to play at Macau Open too this year...as well as TH...;)

9. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

India GP, maybe he need to familiarize with the venue...for WC
    but Msia GP, he is needed to pull in the crowd..
    if you watched the tournament, most of the fans came just to see him play...
    but he is not going to all second rung events btw...

10. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    The bolehians need something to cheer about every now and then, or else even the BC forum will have to disappear from the internet world, too, since the bolehians make up the largest % of the forum members. :p

Haven't you seen how happy they are when LCW beat CL(WR#50+)? Probably because this Chen Long fellow whom has "terrible" footwork and no skill at all has beaten 90% of all the Malaysia senior national team players before including LCW in the last 6 months at the age of 20. :(

I read somewhere that a BC member claimed that Taufik said that Chen Long still has more to learn... if that's really coming from Taufik's mouth, then really I need to say "thank you" from everyone to Mr. Taufik "captain obvious" Hidayat for telling us something that we all know.:cool:

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LCW said before,..if possible he wanted to rest and skip this GP...but he dojnt have a choice.............:D

But to play in GP event is nothing to embarass about,...even 'Badminton God' LD also chose to play in Thailand Open instead of INA Open,.....only because of political situation in Thailand worsen....... forced LD to turned to INA Open........;);)

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I smell.....sour.....! :rolleyes:

13. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Time for you to change toothpaste.:p

14. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Well, I think that LCW wud skip these GP events, and leave it to the second ranked players to fight it out, if he had his way.

However, due to his commitment to his sponsors,i.e Proton and Yonex, he is needed to do this "national" duty to play in local and intl tournaments held in MAS. He even had to play in the domestic tournament held recently in Pahang, where he has been unbeaten for the last 7 [?] years? Surely he would rather skip such touranments and rest or train to prepare for the more impt tournamenst like SS and WC? No?