Last chance for Hafiz (By Misbun)

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by jimbo, Nov 26, 2007.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

oh no... another "political excuse"? get on with life, Misbun :rolleyes:

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I remain positive for anyone but the truth remains that he has squandered chances given to him. What most people here are clamouring is the money spent on efforts not commensurating the spending whether it is government or private.

If we allow ourselves to be lulled by his indifferent form, then we might as well as write him off. The matter is and it is visible to everyone that he is not performing. He has allowed himself to wallow in self pity but not raising the bar one iorta - comforting himself that he would be able to raise his standards. The two chances given by his coach (and believe me nobody knows Hafiz better than Misbun) were not met.

My conclusion in the earlier posting was more sympathetic than what you have mentioned (harsh) - I suggested he trains hard whilst others are relaxing during the festive season for him to catch up on his make-belief fitness (to just play is not enough, to stretch your opponent like LCW or WMC, a classic example of stamina, is a must these days and Hafiz does not have that in him today).

3. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I think training harder (physically) is not what he needs, it's more on the psychological aspect. Training is something anyone can do, putting behind his fear of losing again is a more difficult task. However, it is always easier said than done. Training and techniques can be learned from the coach, while mental training is something you have to develop personally. In a word, confidence. And giving him more pressure will not help, it will aggravate.:)

4. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

"Yesterday in intv with RTM, Misbun said Hafiz havent recovered from fever (Hafiz seems to be prone to fever), so movement slower."

No more excuse, please.....LWW also play in fever during World Camp semi final, but never lost like 5-21........

5. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

on, sorry, they need this excuse, so the last 2 chance now officially reopen.....

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I don't know whether you play badminton a lot. When I was young I played every day but when I played with the real good ones, I fiound that my stamina was not there when it counted. I don't think HAFIZ has that extra bit called stamina -- just look at WMC against the Chinese girls (all panting and giving up at the end). Hafiz has not got that (he is like the Chinese gals, panting ansd giving up because he could not carry on....he resorts to trick shots to either win or lose at the net because that does not entail too much running). Normally against the good players, they don't mind trading such shots with him.

7. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    nothing new for HH
    tend to have so much excuses after lose
    he is long gone case...why even bother to care to talk abt him?
    beside him we still have 'heroes" like YKB, KBH, OSH/TBH under BAM who is
    not performing.....
    HH is unlucky coz we put much hope on him coz he won AE in 2003...
    the so called "heroes" got nothing to show....but they are spare from the rod...

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Why are we so worked up about this? Unless we can send players better than Hafiz, we should not complain. He should not bear the brunt of the lack of quality in the squad. The young players must step up and beat him, then he either bucks up or ships out.

9. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i agree. and that talk about him being a bumi and thus given special privilages, my question is, when have BAM ever fired any player, performing or not performing notwithstanding. and there have been players, bumi and non bumi, who are not performing and not being bashed like hafiz is. i think it is because he won the all england that they are hard on him.

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Else there would be nothing exciting to talk about.:D It is like a 'HAFIZ sanity' check every now and then to clear him or to fire him (even though we have no say in it).:D

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    When it comes to CHN girls lack stamina, I am not sure I agree with you...if anything, fitness is CHN trademark...WMC won on a never say die attitude, she ran for every shots, and yes, WMC is very fit, and if you watch the video again, you can sense she was very determined and confident, playing as if she was on a mission, even when she was trailing in the 3rd set...she simply frustrated CHN players with her defend. What do you think?;)

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It was used a highlight the difference between fitness and the lack of that extra fitness.

13. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

because all tournaments need players to play more than one match. even team events...

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    We have to be understanding, even the great TH after got married, is sucking air when he played...married life is tough on players...hehehe!!!:p:D

15. lipans

lipans Regular Member

HH, better you didn't won AE'03 before, so that you will never been bashed like today.

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That's why I said - Hafiz seems to be prone to fever, but that's just cynical me.

In any case, my main point was no use disucssing Haifz bad performance since he's not BAM. Nobody discuss about Sairul KLRC, who also crashes out early rounds.

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) Again, BAM cant fire Hafiz, he's not from BAM. So, all the talk about favouring Hafiz doesnt add up.
    But in reality, you're right, because Hafiz won AE 2003, they arent letting go yet. That should be the reason, not racial preferance.
    Players like KBH, K. Yogendran, Yeoh KB, no news, means they arent putting any hope in the 2nd stringers.

THey wanted to upgrade Tan CS last year to senior (which means side lining the 3 already in the senior team) but Rashid said no.

So, if it was Yeoh KB who won AE, then he'll be under fire.

2) With the debacle at WC, Yap Kim Hock did say some players will be out of the senior team end of the year, Olympics or not. That puts KBH, K. Yogendran in trouble.

We shall see if any players will be kicked out since there's only one month left of the year.

#137 eaglehelang, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  18. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I totally agree with you that stamina is a key factor in winning a game, however, I saw the match that is why I'm saying that he lost not because of stamina. Believe it or not luck plays a role, or shall we say that sometimes our game is simply off. And yes, I play everyday whenever I'm not watching the super series.

19. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    no worries, there is always 'last chance' for HH...
    we'll be seeing him knocking off 1st or 2nd round of every tournament until he retired... :)

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hahah.. i do hope there will be another last chance for HH.