Lakshya sen

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by John I'm, Feb 2, 2017.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    That's a very mature interview. Given the guy is only 20yrs old and have a camera and microphone stuck in front of him. Most of us will have jelly legs and stutter non-stop.

Airos, GoodmintonLover and badmuse like this.
  2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I think @mohans is taking about his soft sounding voice, I guess he never had a hard drink so far.

3. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Guess who is the latest debutant in the MS top 10 rankings. Welcome to the top 10 Lakshya Sen. The new world number 9. Great efforts, keep going. Bravo!

4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

For the European Tour @German Open - $6840 (FInalist) and @All ENgland $33660
    Total money he earned $40,440 , In Indian Money 30,88152 Rupees.
    Very good amount.

GoodmintonLover likes this.
  5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Hopefully he learn from loosing 2 finals in a row. Cant wait for him to win s1000 tournaments. ;)

6. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Someone went to disturb.

I remember the day Lee Zii Jia beat Momota the first time (after Momota got accident in Malaysia). Then Malay's fans come to Momota's thread to disturb as if they've just won the gold medal Olympic.

Yes, they come to show "power" to the man who just got deadly accident car in their country.

Now they come here.

#326 terrynguyen121988, Mar 22, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  7. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Attention seekers leave no stone unturned to get attention all the while displaying their psychotic behaviour publicly. They also write crap to divert a much needed traffic to their otherwise untouched and lonely blog posts in some cases. Don't pay heed to such people or posts ;)

8. GoodmintonLover

GoodmintonLover Regular Member

In just two weeks, Lakshya's Instagram followers went from 45k to 64k.

Baddyforall and arjevo like this.
  9. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Yeah, a lot of good is gonna happen for him now that he's in public eyes. Hope he keeps working hard towards his goals. He must be a real threat and doing something right that's why he has become a "thorn in the flesh" of some tards over here. I enjoy seeing people getting insecure whenever a young and upcoming player bursts into the scene. Same thing I have seen in tennis fan base as well. I distinctively remember how some crazy people on badminton central trash talked Momota, also Yamaguchi when they were still transitioning from that crucial phase of being a contender to a champion and look what all they have achieved over the years. Proved them wrong big time. :)

#329 arjevo, Mar 22, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  10. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I’m not sure I can call this a mature interview. But quite honest, and clear answers from LS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I think he meant mature interview for a guy who is 20 years old

12. Baddie lover

German Open SF highlights. Good compilation of rallies.

Airos likes this.
  13. terrynguyen121988

The more they talk badly about Lakshya, the more they scare his talent was bigger than their idol

14. extremenanopowe

Cant wait for him to teach some lessons to the seniors. Hope he is selected for the Thomas cup. A lost to india if he doesnt gets the chance togo. ;)

15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

https://www.news18.com/news/sports/...ndian-badmintons-next-great-hope-4895465.html

Excerpts:

"Viktor was strong for him today and definitely was superior" Said Vimal.

Kumar recalled the developments of last year: “When he was dropped from the Thomas Cup, he was very upset. He came here and exactly that day, Viktor Axelsen phoned him saying he has shifted base from Denmark to Dubai and asked him if he could come down to Dubai to practice together. Axelsen had also sent invitations to Loh Kean Yew of Singapore, Brian Yang of Canada, Toby Penty of England and Felix Burestedt of Sweden. Lakshya told me about the Axelsen phone call and I said, ‘you just go, don’t even stay here’. He’d have been so upset. He was continuing his training here at the PPBA but it could not have served anything. The best Indian player was dropped from the Thomas Cup team. This was an opportunity for him. He went to Dubai and trained with Axelsen for two weeks, and then the European circuit opened.

“I told him to go on his own and take up responsibility. He went on his own even prior to that when in 2019 Morten Frost was taking care of him (in the European circuit, especially in Denmark, where he spent three months under the European legend). After the Dubai stint last year, he managed all his matches without a coach or anyone and he did very well."

What changed Lakshya after the Dubai stint with Axelsen? Kumar said: “He was very impressed with the way Axelsen was managing his training sessions. Nothing was organised for him. He had to organise his own physio, he had to organise his gym sessions, plan everything, book the gym, etc. The Dubai ruler gave him the facility. He had to set up everything else. Axelsen had targetted young players (to be his sparring partners)."

“During Covid, we opened the courts for him during the night. He’d come and practice at night. He’d come and train at 4 O’clock in the morning. We’d open the academy only for him and his practice partners," Kumar said.

“We had an apartment for our trainees nearby. Slowly. Lakshya started playing well and Prakash sir groomed his talent and was very confident that Lakshya would do well in badminton. Even in friendly matches, if Lakshya was trailing, he’d cry. Prakash sir would pacify him like he’d do to a baby. Lakshya never liked to lose. Lakshya on court is aggressive. Off the court, he is entirely different, a much disciplined boy, down to earth and humble. When Prakash sir and Vimal sir say something, he doesn’t cross the line. Their words are gospel to him. Success has not gone into his head, Prakash sir keeps talking to him about the same. We always have a constant check on him."

On what makes Lakshya standout from the rest of the PPBA trainees, Kumar said: “He grasps things very fast. We convey to everyone the same thing but he implements them when it matters. His pace is good. He can move quickly on the court. The backward movements and front, he can suddenly up the pace. And, I am not talking about sprints. The short bursts have a lot to do with technique, footwork. The only other thing is he dives a lot. For typical badminton, it is not required to dive. But he dives and recovers quickly. That is something very special about him. When you look at Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei, they are steady, they don’t dive. Later for fancy, they dived and all these youngsters picked it up."

Lakshya is destined for big things in world badminton in the years to come. Kumar added: “We always tell him to keep the rankings at the back of his mind. We tell him to win and try to become the best player that he can. Sometimes, after a match, we analyse his matches. More than that, he analyses his matches on his own and he is very clever. What I have seen over the years is that he has mentally become stronger and is playing a lot calmer and has developed good patience."

Airos, Shamwow, kwun and 2 others like this.
  16. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Lakshya Sen is following the plan for 2022 so far :)

17. Baddie lover

Link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-players-lakshya-sen/articleshow/90381745.cms

Excerpts:

"I had a lot of time in the pandemic where I could improve my fitness to the next level. As a junior player I would go on attack and play smashes all the time but, in big venues, you have to play a patient game and build on those winners and then go for attack," he said.

"I played a lot of tournaments after the pandemic, especially in Indonesia and World championships and it gave me the self-belief and realisation that I can't go for attack all the time and have to play a patient game and the transformation happened there.

"Those matches against Viktor Axelsen, Kento Momota and Kenta Nishimoto also gave me the confidence to play. A lot has changed since I played Viktor in 2020. There is a difference in my approach and now I have the self-belief to go out there and beat the big players."

"I have to keep the ranking in mind because it will help me to qualify for big events like the Olympics and I also have to keep myself fit going into big events.

"This world number 9 ranking will also help me with the draw and I will not have to play any top player till quarters, so I am focussed on winning tournaments."

"The All England semifinal is the most memorable match that I pulled out with a crowd supporting both of us and I would say in Indonesia, I played Momota and Viktor 2-2 times each, I was losing very closely and it was frustrating but it was big learning," he said.

"When you are a few points behind, you need to try different things at those moments. Against Lee Zii Jia, I changed my pace and played attacking. My strategy is to go on the offence for one or two points, not give that upper hand to opponents."

Asked if he could sleep after that loss, Sen said: "There are two different things. When you go on to court and give everything and you lose, you are not really sad about it, then you have to give credit to your opponent and move on from those losses."

Last line is a lesson for all sports fans.

18. extremenanopowe

Wasted that he lost to 3rd single Indonesian player in the korean open. Hope he can make a comeback quickly before Thomas cup. ;)

19. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    -

#339 Sundis, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    Sathwik Shetty likes this.
  20. terrynguyen121988

Just rewatch the semi final match in All England, and you know what, It's great.

Everytime when I red some comments which were in the picture below:

I have to rewatch this match to make my day.

A thousand thanks to Lakshya Sen.

64564hgfhgf5645yygfhbbcv all england.png

#340 terrynguyen121988, Apr 21, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    Airos likes this.