Lakshya sen

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by John I'm, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I could see why he lost to some unknown average player at selection trials.
    His game did not improve a bit.
    At Dutch open finals, he lost to singapore player LKY, who according to me used correct strategy against Sen and Sen did not change his game at all. I was thinking why he is playing the same way when opponent already overpowering his game. Either he doesn't know any other plan or his style itself like this only.
    Opponent simply reducing the speed of the rally and playing only downward shots whereas Sen keep on lifting the shuttle.
    Terrible. Only youngster whom I thought will lift the condition of MS of India, did not improve at all.
    His talent is going waste.

He should play more net shots and get lifts from the opponent and wait for the right opportunity to play the smash is the right strategy for using against Loh. But he kept lifting everything.

2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

He defeats LKY in two straights. Could only watch some points as stream became pvt later. And from that, I'll just say he has improved a bit think in defence. Otherwise, he's still impatient. Always hurrying to attack. Also, he still hasn't got over the habit of giving so many points on a stretch. It's more a mental thing for him. Vimal once commented about his urgency to attack and his temperament.

Considering LKY defeated Lakshya easily last week in final of Dutch Open in two straights, this result is nice as he returned the favour in straights. Next up is either Heo or Wang.

Heo defeated Lakshya in straights in Syed Modi 18/19. Wang defeated Lakshya in three games in either AO or NZO 18/19. It'll be interesting. I feel he has a chance to reach semis. But considering he's not dependable yet (in big boys league), result can be lopsided against him. Let's see.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  3. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    A decent win against he who defeated LZJ for LS after a long time.

4. Baddyforall

Lost to Heo in straight games. Having 4 point lead in game1 is more than enough to win it
    But no idea what happened later.

5. mohans

mohans Regular Member

He made a few mistakes, let HEO bridge the gap, panicked and thereby lost g1…and the impatience continued into g2. To HKH’s credit, once he sensed insecurity in LS’s game, he fully capitalized on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddyforall likes this.
  6. Baddie lover

I wasn't able to watch the match as I was outside. How did he play overall ? Defence, attack, any strategy ? Any review except his meltdown haha ?

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

8. mohans

mohans Regular Member

He played well till being 17-13 up. In fact he was 15-10 up at one point, and looked like he was going to run away with g1. During that initial period of the match, he played aggressive, created opportunities at the front court to throw in a smash. Even though a few times it felt being a premature attack, it worked worked to his favor then. After meltdown, he started overdoing everything, and mistakes became more common. Of course, HKH sensed it, and sailed a tight ship to make sure momentum doesn’t swing in LS’s favor anytime.

This should be a learning lesson for LS. This is what happens when you play against a top 10 (I consider HKH to be a top10 atm). A little slip in concentration, match slips away from you

Sumanth99 and Baddie lover like this.
  9. Baddyforall

Is there any link to court 2?

10. mohans

mohans Regular Member

https://www.diananita.org/

I watch it here

Baddyforall likes this.
  11. Baddie lover

Good to see both of them. Only one missing is Kunlavut ;)

Screenshot_20211102-185342_Instagram.jpg

Sumanth99 likes this.
  12. Baddyforall

Sen did not improve his skills at all. Whenever he gets an opportunity , he tries to smash it , he never even try to do a drop shot . Not even once. His game might be suitable for GP level tournaments where you can smash your way to win it, but when it comes to higher level tournaments, this will not be useful, as the standard of the players participating there will be very high and their defenses are remarkable.
    If he wants to win a tournament of level 500 and above, he need to work really hard. So many drawbacks in his game.

#232 Baddyforall, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  13. mohans

mohans Regular Member

You sound too harsh on a 20 year old. I agree his lack of variations in attack is costing him dear. He definitely needs to develop those skills to compete with the world’s best. Having said that, all the skill developmental processes takes its own time. Some skills you may acquire sooner, some longer….He might be working on a few areas, but might be too afraid to try it out in a match situation. Let’s be patient with him.

I like the way he is all on his own yo figure out a winning strategy in these premier tournaments. Hopefully playing more tournaments in 2022 will help him sharpen his game

14. Baddyforall

Not having a coach might have cost this match. The coach would have given him some valuable insights during the match. He did use the net shots quite well this match but he don't have soft touch shots.

He will qualify for World Tour finals i think. If he qualify, that will be a great learning experience for him to play Top 8 of the world.

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It looked like sikki coached him yesterday, I didn't watch the game today.

16. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Rightly said- he might have benefited by a coach sitting alongside. But I personally feel this is the right phase in his career to figure out a lot by himself, before needing a coach to help him out in crunch match situations. Ind MS clearly lags behind in that aspect. None of them is a player on their own. Hopefully LS doesn’t fall into that trap.

I too hope he qualifies for WTF, and gets hammered by all the top guns. (Top guns should qualify too)

#236 mohans, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  17. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Thought that was Ponappa

18. Baddyforall

Yes. She was ponnappa

19. Baddyforall

He is in 3rd place at the moment.

20. Baddie lover

Their Denmark exposure in 2019 benefited a lot to 4-5 players from PPBA regarding personal and professional life. Morten and Vimal both said this thing at that time. You said they should try to figure out themselves (without a coach in a match). But I think NT (top players) are always with a coach except playing against their compatriot (who are also a part of NT setup and are not independent).

Haha you're being a strict parent. It can be morally devastating for him. Well, it's on him how he takes those losses. Let's hope for the best. But this tournament I'm particularly impressed by his win against WTW. Didn't watch the match but considering their last encounter and that day scoreline, I was satisfied. Also his win against KV must be appreciated coz KV had a good string of results these past few weeks or let's say this year and Sen was having just the opposite.