Lack of mental strength !

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by xymaerts, Aug 17, 2008.

1. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Now i agreed with what Misbun comment before this final match. He said tonite's match is to prove that who had the strongest mental strength.. Both player have everything.. The only different between both is mentality.. He is right. Don't understand why our player is forever n ever lack of this...
    To me, what a dissapointed game play by LCW...We are not blaiming about his loses..But, what we want is a high quality of play.. What a dissapointed for the long awaiting match end up !

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    hello... loose in a nice way lah... why bring up old issues? tak dak kerja ka?;)

3. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    hello.... I think the problem was the wrong strategy employed and not mainly mental strength...

Jason

4. brandon

brandon Regular Member

I don't think its LCW's fault so much as Lin Dan just stepped it up and no one can catch him. Don't let Thomas Cup fool you I believe he was slightly injured and wasn't at 100%, since then he dedicated everything to win the Gold and was there ever any doubt he'd win? seriously.

5. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

This is what commented by Misbun...The comment is keep reply on Astro...This is Misbun perception on today's final match...He comment this before the final show down..

6. extremenanopowe

I know lah... orang lain mahu letak garam ke dalam darah lah. Enjoy my friend.

7. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

What u mean? I agreed with Misbun.. how about u?

8. jianlian23

jianlian23 Regular Member

You always have excuses, why not just admit that Lin SuperDan is a better player? Swallow your pride and admit it... Right now it just seems pathetic when you guys always gotta use excuses

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the fault lies in the hypes generated by the boleh fans. LCW played like lcw today.

10. extremenanopowe

hahahaha...... well said....;)

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hype didnt start with the fans, media hype since months ago ;), media hype even more over. Cool, take some of your coolants. :D

12. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

(BEIJING, August 17) -- Men's Singles World No. 1 Lin Dan of China thrashed Malaysia's World No. 2 Lee Chong-wei 21-12, 21-8 to win the gold in the Beijing Olympic Badminton tournament on Sunday, August 17.
    The anticipated heart-pounding dream final turned out to be a frustrating exit for Lee, who was bidding for Malaysia's first Olympic gold.
    "I suffered a lot of pressure tonight but I do not want to use it as an excuse for my defeat," he said.
    Maybe it was the pressure that made a normally sharp Lee lose his edge on court and essentially provide no match for Super Dan's quickly-adapted strategies and crosscourt smashes.
    In the first game Lin raced into a 7-1 lead. Eager to close the gap, Lee made too many unforced errors, enabling the World No. 1 to stretch his winning margin to 16-8 before closing out the game 21-12.
    Lin continued to attack Lee in the second game, opening up an 8-0 lead and forcing his opponent to chase shuttles to all four corners of the court before killing rallies off with his smash. As the game progressed, Lee simply had no answers to Lin's speed and the Chinese left-hander closed out the match in just 41 minutes.
    "I have tried my best but Lin Dan played perfectly tonight," said Malaysian sport icon Lee. "I couldn't match his shuttle speed. He was much stronger than me and controlled the whole match."
    "At the end of the match it is not who is playing at a higher level, it is all about who is mentally stronger," Lee commented on his loss.
    "I felt a lot of pressure playing in front of my home crowd," said an exhilarated Lin. "I thought it would be difficult to play the match and the pressure of the crowd might even be to my disadvantage, but I played well.

13. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

We are not finding excuses.. We want to find out the root CAUSE? hope u can get the point !

14. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    He was definitely not the usual lcw. He was off-form.

15. extremenanopowe

xy,
    ok lah. u panlai lah.... all malaysian know lah. U happy now? ;)
    anyone can say anything in the end lah. Some on other forum said. Hu paid 2million else, embarassment and shame. how? the truth is out there.;)

16. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

From both of the comment on the below. Both also have huge pressure..But is LD that is handling it well... So this the root course, pls people don't every says LD is better or a class higher then LCW.. If u refer to "mental strength", then i am 101 % agree !!

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    but according some LCW experts like Xball et al, LCW is in TOP FORM. Are u saying u r now the new LCW expert?

18. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Pls don't hear anyone, the word have to come from LD or LCW or even their coach...I am happy that LCW admit it... At least prove that this thread is correct..

19. extremenanopowe

good one cooler... I like your answers. u damn keng...;)

20. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

No hypes, LCW is really a very good player. Its just that Lin Dan played two levels above him. That is what caused LCW to mentally crash and make a lot of mistakes. When you face an opponent with a seemingly unpenetratable defense with absolute stability in his selection of shots and also equipped with powerful smashes that can devastate you when performed repeatedly, you WILL crack and lose composure. You can't make any points and he just keep taking them off you, what do you do? You'll try harder, and you'll make more mistakes and as a small trade off, you'll get to gain a few points more. That's what happened in the match.