La Fleche Ti 500 Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by taneepak, Nov 22, 2004.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Loh, I am considering having two LF Ti 500 custom-made, a 3U and a 4U, appropriately modified, and loan them to you for a trial period. There will be no charges of any type. I will arrange for someone to deliver them to you in Singapore, who will collect them back from you after a week. The racquets will have the words La Fleche TEPTOW System written on the cone.
    This will take sometime, as making just two racquets is not something the plant would want to do normally, even for me, and there is also the problem of getting someone to personally deliver them to Singapore.
    How about it? :D

2. BigHam

BigHam Regular Member

So how about LF Ti-600. It is almost the same price to LF Ti-500, 4U (HK$6xx). Which one you would suggest?

3. S430S

S430S New Member

Did any of your fellow Canadians actually gotten a LF racquet from Mr. Percy Pun yet?

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I would choose the Ti500 4U as it is better than the LFTi600 for doubles play. For singles, they are both good. But don't get the wrong 4U.

5. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

I basically give up. I order mine of the internet.

6. S430S

S430S New Member

Mtakako,
    Could you provide a link to the purchase? Thanks, Frank

7. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

I had contacted 2 place. Inskysports has a pretty good deal. I think it comes out to be around 130 shipped for the newer 4U. However they do not take CC payments or paypal. I brought mine from bbesports. They are the newer 4U also, and it is around 135 ished I beleive and they also give me free strings. I think inskysports give you free strings also but is not 100% sure. I contact inskysport though there yahoo email , and make sure in the topic of the email you mention the model or something that is related to badminton. Or else they will not open it. Hope this help. I am still waiting for mine to come in.

#227 mtakako, Jan 29, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  8. S430S

S430S New Member

Thanks Mtakako,
    I thought you bought it from in North American site. I will be in Hong Kong in 2 weeks perhaps I just pick one up from there. Inskysport is in HK, is it not?
    Frank

9. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

Nope.. got my from bbesports.. Can't find any NA sites and percy just don't reply to emails. :mad:

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Maybe you should complain about Percy's poor service to Inskysport and suggest they terminate Percy as a Canadian agent and re-appoint someone else intead.

11. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    After 2 more 3 hour sessions with the 4U prototype, I have come to the conclusion that I have paid an extra $100HKD for a 3U with a different paint job and a smaller sweet spot. At least that's the case with the 4U that I've got. For some reason, I can smash harder with the 4U than the 3U, maybe I haven't got the 3U quite right yet. The down side is, the sweet spot is very small compare with the 3U's already small sweetspot. What will the fate be for this 4U? Who knows, maybe some girl will fall in love with it and take it off my hand. But for now, I will try my best to get use to it. Maybe it just needs some unorthodox technique to make it shine. :rolleyes:

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

But the real 4U is something else. Wish you could have a chance to play with it.

13. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    If I come back in November this year, I'll come and try out your optimized racquets, then make you sell them to me. muhaha! :D

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

You are welcome, anytime.

15. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

taneepak, was wondering if you know what grip size does the 4U come in? I just notice that Bbesports website shown only G2 for the 4U. Didn't even notice that ( until outlah mention) , hopefully it is a typo or else that grip size is too big.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

G2 is equivalent to G5, the smallest grip.

17. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

ooh okay.. thanks.. have me worried for a bit. :p ..

18. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Review update:

LF TI500 3U G something, forgot, but i like the big grip, cause my hands are MASSIVE

I finally restrung, 20x22lbs, bg 85. I have developed this phobia of stringing more than 23 pounds........since my string broke so quickly the first time around. anyways, heres yoru reviews =P

First hour:
    BOOOOOOOOOO, what a crap racket. So much vibrations, and the sweet spot was about the size of half a dime. It kind of discouraged me a bit, so me and my friends just dropped and fooled around. It was hard to drop, for the stringers put ALOT of wax on my strings to prevent it from breaking as fast. Big dissapointment in the first hour, although if you DO hit the sweet spot, it produces a loud bang. The chances of me actually hitting it though was around 1/10, therefore if i actually nail it, i would be like "did i pop my strings again?"

Second hour:
    PHWWWOOWOWOWOW, what a difference. I went out, got a drink, took my racket and did drives with my friend. Suddenly, the racket seemed to zoom into focus, and every shot was nailing the center. I guess the strings must have settled in a bit more, or that the wax finally got off my strings, but either way, IT WAS AWESOME. My drives were going jsut abouve the net, and each hit produced this amazing "pop" "pop" sound, very satisfying.

Being encouraged, I tried smashes, and BOY, that was FUN!! My smashes made huge "BOOOMS", wowing my friends and myself as well. The smashes were nto jsut all show, they were fast and steep. with a flick of the wrist, I was able to land my smash just a bit over the service line. I also managed to do a couple tape-smashes, where the birdie hits the tape and flips over.

As expected, clears were very effotless. I was able to clear full court even when I hold back all my strength, fearign my strings would snap.

Third hour:
    I only had two hours =P

Man, this racket is awesome. Control wise, its pretty good. I would say that even with a low tension of 20x22, I was able to put some great smashes, and the sound is just phenominal. Let the strings settle in, and you will see the difference!!

Control 8/10 (I still have wax on my strings, so not sure)
    Power 10/10 (it can almsot meet/beat my tisp sx!!)
    Smash 10/10 (steep, fast)
    Sound 20/10 (to all cab fans: it sounds alot better than the "cab explosion" sound =P)
    Paintjob 9/10 (very sexy :p)
    Overall 10/10

This is one tricked out racket, and it is now my new baby. Sorry TISP SX!!!!

19. BigHam

BigHam Regular Member

I thought you will get a 4U, but actually you get a 3U. HaHa...

It also infatuate me, cause 3U looks much much better than 4U for a boy. However everyone is saying 4U gets more power. Can you tell me more about your 3U after more testing.

Thanks.

20. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Couldnt wait that logn for the new 4U to come out, so i jstu got the 3U :D