Korean Open draw - Malaysian analysis

Discussion in 'Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004' started by hcyong, Mar 25, 2004.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    MS
    Wong Choon Hann should get to the last 16 where he will probably meet Boesen. If he advances, he could meet Shon Sheung Mo, Hafiz or Peter Gade (I expect the latter).
    Hafiz's probable path is Shon, Simon Santoso, Peter Gade (if he advances each one, but should finally stop at Peter)
    Roslin should get to the last 16 and meet Sony Dwi. The winner could spar with either Xia or Chen Yu.
    Lee Chong Wei will probably meet Kenneth Jonassen in the last 16. In the same quarter are Lee Hyun Il, Ng Wei and Park Tae Sang

WS
    2 entries - Wong Mew Choo and Woon Sze Mei
    Stroke of luck for them both as they have the chance to advance to the last 16.
    Mew Choo meets a Russian in round 1 and either a Jamaican or a Kyrgystani (I think) in the last 32. If she does not go to last 16 (and probably meet Pi Hongyan), I would be disappointed.
    Sze Mei meets a Kyrgystani in round 1 and either a Pole or a Spaniard in the second. If she moves on, she would meet Zhang Ning.

MD
    Chan/Chew meets Pramote/Teesana in round 1. If advance, they will probably meet Eriksen/Hansen, then Sang/Zheng. If they get to the semis, either Flandi/Eng Hian or Kim/Ha awaits.
    Choong/Lee should get to last 8 where either Lee/Yoo or Candra/Halim awaits. The winner will meet either Fu/Cai, Trikush/Sigit or Luluk/Alven
    Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock, if they get to the main draw meets the top Polish pair in the first round and then Flandi/Eng Hian in the second (as far as they can possibly go).
    Gan/Koo is conspicuously missing.

WD
    Wong/Chin meets CHIEN Yu-Chin/CHENG Wen-Hsing(TPE) in round 1. If advance, NOVITA Jo (E.Java)/NURLITA Lita(INA) awaits. If they can advance some more, Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen in the last 8.
    Fong Chen Yen/Ooi Sock Ai is unlikely to get to through the qualifiers filled with Koreans, but we'll see how they fare.

XD
    Ong/Ooi and Tan/Fong is unlikely to get to the main draw.

2. libra

libra Regular Member

You've got to be kidding! On present form, Hafiz'll be lucky to take a game off Shon - esp in his own backyard

3. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    After their French Open win, they are skipping Korea and going only to Japan.

4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Re: Re: Korean Open draw - Malaysian analysis

Among all the singles players, I expect Hafiz to be the one to go out earliest. The later opponents are all hypothetical, just to show what sort of hurdles he face even at the early rounds.

5. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Re: Re: Korean Open draw - Malaysian analysis

I second this. Sorry, Hafiz fans but I favour Roslin more for this one.

6. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    From IBF Worldbadminton.net :

"...Kim Dong Moon and Ra Kyung Min are the natural favourites in the mixed doubles event, where they’ll be gunning for a 13th consecutive tournament win. If they notch up another victory in Choongju City, they will have completed a whole calendar year without losing a tournament – a fact their potential Olympic opponents will have firmly in mind!.."

I'll really want to see this happen... Amen. ;)