Korean MD

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by SolsticeOfLight, Mar 24, 2016.

?

Who would you send?

Poll closed May 5, 2016.
  1. Kim / Kim

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Shin / Ko

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. jma97

jma97 Regular Member

i didn't even comment on their personalities i think all of the korean team generally have good personalities? and good partnerships with each other. and i've never seen any of the players live and i don't think that really matters cause i'm only basing the 'good smash' on if they gain advantage from smashes, either clear winners or forcing weak replies, etc... i'm not really talking technical stuff here at all?

one commentator said that LYD's lack of smash is making him rethink how he rates him as a MD player, like individually he's great but he restrains his partners, etc.

i'm not attacking them or anything i think they're very good?? i was just making some observations. it doesn't really matter either way, it's been confirmed that kim/kim are going to the olympics for korea!! congrats to them ~

2. AdamS

AdamS Regular Member

Where is this confirmed?

Sad for Shin :(

3. event

event Regular Member

The press was reporting this last week, based solely on the BWF numbers but since then, on Monday, the BKA reported the list as-is. The report makes no mention of the fact that the BKA has the right to select Shin Baek Cheol in either MD or XD without changing the number of quota spaces earned by Korea. That may mean that the association has no intention of making any substitutions. Indeed, I can't remember them ever doing so, except in the case of semi-retired Lee Hyun Il for the Worlds and Asian Championships.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

When KSR is on, I reckon he's possibly the most exciting MD player of all to watch - the final of last year's China Open against Chai/Hong, for example.

KGJ is definitely the "steady one":).

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I also feel sad to see that Shin Baek Cheol couldn't qualify to play in XD or MD. From the beginning the plan is to let Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong and Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang qualify to play in Olympics 2016 MD. Both Ko Sung Hyun and Shin Baek Cheol will be reserved for their XD duties. Unfortunately only Ko Sung Hyun qualified to play in XD whereas Shin Baek Cheol couldn't qualify. He missed the benchmark by a whisker. So it is confirmed that Shin Baek Cheol will not be playing in Olympics 2016.

6. AdamS

AdamS Regular Member

Safe to say that Shin is the best player, in all events, that could, but isn't going to the Olympics? (I say "that could" to exclude Kento)

jma97 likes this.
  7. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Not sure about that; the Chinese singles players are all top notch, whichever one of them has to stay.

AdamS likes this.