Korea Open 2008 - Day 6 - Jan 27 - FINALS!

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by kwun, Jan 26, 2008.

1. belagabego

belagabego Regular Member

@Alphonse

thanks for the video

any body has more complete video....

thanks

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer

3. Alphonse

Alphonse Regular Member

Weekend badminton and tennis player
    he provoked Lin Dan?

Does that mean Li Mao tried to provoke Lin Dan first? If that's true, then maybe Li Mao was trying to ruin Lin Dan's mental fortitude and eventually his game.:confused::confused:

If it did, only Lin Dan can tell us.

After the match and the awarding ceremonies for the men's singles, I saw Lin Dan at the players' area, sitting on a bench with his coaches, and putting back on his track suit. Being a badminton fan, I wanted to ask him for a photo, but I decided against it as I think it was not a good time. I was scared he would vent his anger at me and smash me with his racket! :crying:hahaha!

He was chatting with his coaches, where they were giving serious glances to the people around them, including me. It wasn't a friendly atmosphere around them. So, I think not asking him for an autograph or a favor to have a photo taken with him was a good idea after all. So, my friend and I stayed away from where they were and stood on the main entrance of where the players pass.

Then a few moments later, Lee Young-dae passed by and I just stopped him to congratulate him and ask him to have a photo taken with him. He was friendly and nice. After me, other people followed. While this was happening, I saw that Lin Dan and his coaches were leaving the area. As they were near the main door, I stood in his way and blurted, 'Lin Dan, I'm sorry blah-blah-blah." I extended my right hand, expecting him to extend his left, but his bag was on his right shoulder, so he extended his left hand to shake. He gave me a weak smile. It was like he was forcing to smile just to be polite.:)
    Though I was glad I was able to shake the hand of the World's No. 1 men's badminton player, I was even more surprised that his hand, his left playing hand, was very soft. I should have asked him what he does with his hands to keep them soft! :) Hahaha!

Oh well...another day at the badminton court.

Tomorrow's another day.