Korea Open 2008 - Day 6 - Jan 27 - FINALS!

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by kwun, Jan 26, 2008.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    See you on the next big tournament... let continue with the line call.. heehehe.. I bet it'll come back...

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

KKK/TBH is provided TBH dont panic. On the other pt me agree - Fu these two SS more smashes into the net, dunno why. Started from hmm HK Open.

Just depends who are their opponents on the day. At MO Lars/Jonas played better than Fu/Cai.

3. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Alvent/Luluk impressed me today..i must admit i thought they were already finished by the first half of the first game..but they fought back, and hard. missed by a tiny margin...

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup...good effort by them I have to admit too. Not many teams can win a deuce with Fu/Cai. The Danes failed to even get a game-point yesterday. It was just a tiny margin at the end :rolleyes:

5. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    dismiss Koo and Tan at your peril! :D :D :D

6. Alphonse

Alphonse Regular Member

Weekend badminton and tennis player
    Congratulations to the winners of the Korea Open!

Gosh, it was a good decision for me that I went to watch the Korea Open at Jangchung instead of the TV. What drama at the Lin Dan vs Lee Hyun-il match! On the third set, on the final points, in his disgust, Lin Dan flung his racket towards the coach of Lee. They almost got into a fistfight, with each other's coaches. What drama! And I got it on video!

After that match, my friend and I roamed around the venue and made wrong turn down the stairs and...

I was lucky that I bumped into Lee Young-dae and asked for a photo with him. He was very friendly. After I posed with him, other people followed. He obliged.

I also saw Lin Dan as he was leaving the venue and I stopped him to shake his hand. I wanted to have a photo with him, but I changed my mind. He must be feeling so bad after losing the match. Gosh, on the 1st set, he just toyed around with Lee Hyun-il. He gave me a weak smile as he offered his left hand to shake with my right. I hope he comes back to Korea next year.

I guess it was worth the trip in the freezing winter!

7. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Could u plz upload the clip in youtube or something? Thanks alot!

8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Wow:eek: ! Just back from my trips only to find out I've missed a great MS match :crying:! The score really tense..

9. kuai_chai

kuai_chai Regular Member

wanna know if anyone got the replay for LHI vs LD match?
    can share here or not?

10. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    yea...replay or video anyone???

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hehehe, perhaps if every BC member can donate $10 to BWF, they will have no more excuses and can afford hawkeye machines. :D:D

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

But he still allows it to affect him mentally. Cool on the outside but raging on the inside.

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I was about to say that and you are right :)

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I wouldn't worry too much about that Victor. I think most level headed people understand where you're coming from and try not to make a big deal about it. I mean you could say "cow" next and some private interest group will bring up controversy.

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Despite LD's over the top reaction to the line call, I saw he very sportingly and sincerely congratulated LHI at the net. The umpire had a tough game to call and for the most part, did very well.

That's 2 years in a row now that the KO has been involved with controversial issues. Next year, no matter how much $$$ this tournament puts up, there could be a severe absence of top players. Then the organizers will see how much damage suspect line judging can affect their tournament.

17. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

I did not see him flung his racket towards Li Mao...coz the incident happen in a sudden...and all my family members were so tense on the score, then, the drama started, we were all :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, only saw Li Mao stood up and quarrel with LD, then LD raise his racket, donno who he wanna whack...but luckily stop by officers, dragged n pulled him away...

wanna wait for tonite, c astro got replay or not, then i can really 'study' the incident!!!!

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You don't really need to study it very hard, it's clear he threw his racket but whether it was in the direction of Li Mao is unknown.

19. Alphonse

Alphonse Regular Member

Weekend badminton and tennis player
    Lin Dan throwing his racket...

Lin Dan 'seemed' to have thrown his racket towards the two guys sitting at coaches of Lee Hyun-il. One of those guys is bald. I think he was the target of Lin Dan as that bald guy was also screaming when the brouhaha happened. So, was this bald guy 'Li Mao' also Chinese? That makes sense as Lin Dan was obviously screaming at him and that bald guy was screaming back. If Li Mao was Chinese, it makes sense that they were both verbally squabbling in Chinese.

I was seated way, way up the rafters as I arrived late and most seats down were taken. So, when I saw Lin Dan's racket flying I suddenly realized this was big drama! So, I turned on my camera and videod starting when Lin Dan went to the opponent's area and there were pushing and shoving and screaming! Although I didn't know the history between Lin Dan and that bald guy, I seemed to me that there was bad blood between them.

I also noted another thing: I saw one linesperson, a Korean woman wearing that yellow long sleeve shirt worn by linespersons, clap her hands when Lee Hyun-il won an important point. When she realized that she was not to show her bias by clapping, she suddenly looked around and try to see who saw her clap.

Aren't linespeople supposed to be NEUTRAL? How I wanted to report this to the organizers of the Korea Badminton Open.:mad:

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Excellent report from another person at the stadium. The clapping linesperson should have been removed immediately but fortunately for her, no one saw it.