Koo-Tan Will Bounce Back

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by Loh, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Bernama.com
    Malaysian National News Agency

Sports
    April 16, 2007 22:22 PM

By Dan Guan Chin

JOHOR BAHARU, April 16 (Bernama) -- The defeat of reigning All-England champions Koo Kim Keat and Tan Boon Heong in the Asian Badminton Confederation (ABC) Championship here is a lesson to them not to treat their opponents lightly, national chief coach Yap Kim Hock said Monday.

He said the two were still a long way from being at the very top of their game and the learning process was still ongoing.

"So, the defeat to Choong Tan Fook and Lee Wan Wah on Sunday is a lesson for them. It will tell them that they are not invincible and everybody is out to beat them.

"Once you are on the court, all your previous titles don't mean a thing," he told Bernama Monday.

But Yap believes that the young pair will bounce back and go on to conquer the world.

"I'm not offering excuses for them. But after their return from Europe (where they won the All-England and the Swiss Open) their training schedule has been interrupted to a certain extent.

"Maybe they have taken things a bit too lightly. But from now on, it will be serious stuff because there are the two Super series coming up, the Aviva Singapore Open and then the Indonesian Open, followed by the World Championship in Kuala Lumpur," Yap said.

And there will also be hard work ahead for the No 1 singles, Lee Chong Wei.

"He has done all right in JB. But the most important thing is that he is enjoying his training under Misbun Sidek. Chong Wei has what it takes to be a world beater. It's a matter of applying himself to the task ahead," said Yap.

2. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    if they wanted to bounce back, it will takes them tripple harder. every pair out there in the world is going to beat them especially the top Chinese pair. every pair knows they are beatable and can be beaten easily; even CTF/LWW can beat them, why not the others? besides, they found to have a very weak mental strength. forget about Sin and Indo super series. impossible for them to win. we'll have to wait till the World Championship in August. they probably will bounce back in that tournament. but bare in mind, they fail to secure the World Championship, we'll have another case of LeeCW and HafizH. sad to say, that's the trend of Malaysian players.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    X Ball will not allow this to happen! ;)

4. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    CTF n LWW,both of them had gained more experience..but i don think tat KKK n TBH have very weak mental strenght!!they sure wil bounce back..Rexy will not let them to become another LCW n Hafiz!!;)

5. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    wont allow tat kkk/tbh's form to drop and join the yoyo club which is apparently chaired by Mr. Hafiz Hashim (MAS) and his Deputy is Mr. Kuan Beng Hong (MAS) and also they are trying to pull Mr. Lee Chong Wei into the World of Badminton Yo-Yo CLub but Mr. X Ball won't all allow that to happen... :D

did i get tat right Loh??? haha cuz i dun even noe wad im talking bout hahaha

6. tjl_vanguard

Student
    Nah..... dun have to worry bout that cuz if tat happens, Rexy will be setting fire on the a**es hahahaha..... plus the players are very committed themselves from wad i see.... :D

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Fantastic! It is as clear as dawn, though a little misty! ;)
    Very colourful characters you've included though!

#7 Loh, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  8. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    well, that's my personal opinion anyway. somehow, i still feel that their maturity has not grown much and their play will be more or less affected after their failure in ABC. i would love to see them playing a top pair in future matches. that would fare how much they can bounce back.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You are correct...XBall has lost his magic and lost a lunch bet on HH. I would have love to take on XBall bet when he bet HH go to final, except that I am so far away to collect my bet $$$. XBall should not quit his day job any time soon and forget about forecasting, his prediction is out of whacks....hahaha! (just joking)LOL! :D :D :D

10. tjl_vanguard

Student
    hahaha so its best for to stop forecasting cuz it always go the other way round?? :D:D calgary aint a prob... he can bank in for u cant he?? hahaha

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Oh No! forecasting is okay, just do not quit your day time job to go fulltime...hahaha! (actually all in good humour)...add in inflation, you may be correct to bank in the bet for me, that way, a bowl of noodle soup becomes two...hmmm...LOL!:p

12. sherlyn

sherlyn Regular Member

hahahaha....LMAO!!! alfa-2, this is damn funny la..mr yoyo the chairman and kbh the vice!!
    i agreed kbh be the vice too...hahahaha
    mf/lwf and gtc/zl were almost registered as yoyo member while rexy was juz in time to stop and split them...LOL

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Once KKK/TBH is focused.. they can win. They were not focused in the event in JB and still can go finals. But then at the same time they have learned their lesson.

14. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    That's harsh! I watched the videos of their SF in AE07, and F in ABC07, and I would say they played a lot better than last year. Their game has gotten more positive, instead of playing catchup all the time the past two years.

In fact, in the AE07 SF, they could have won in the rubber game, except that luck was on the Danish pair's side.

Of all the MAL pairs, CTF/LWW have the strongest defense, and the strongest smash. They are not as creative as KKK/TBH on court, but their bread-and-butter shots are much much better.

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yes i do agree with you on this. They have improved. They are refining their game. Well even if they are old , they still have to learn.

16. Felicia_txh

Student
    Erm..anyway i like the smash of KKK n TBH better..I cant deny tat CTF n LWW team is much more stable..one more reason is they hav lack of time to practise b4 ABC so their performance in ABC not good!!

17. Gaintkiller

Gaintkiller Regular Member

Come on...all about match fixing. Obviously kkk/tbh purposely give them chance win the title. It is a win win situation to let ctf/lwh gain more ranking point. Anyway not a big deal to miss the ABC champ...!!!

18. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    haha..maybe maybe...
    i do hope it's a match fixing anyway, therefore we can know that KKK/TBH are still at their form of winning :D

19. Felicia_txh

Student
    Ya..i feel so cos b4 the match start,most of my frens n relatives say so..;)

20. kktan

kktan Regular Member

getting to the top... is not as hard as staying there.

their their sake I HOPE THEY DO!!!! YOur'e my heroes.. .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.