Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mtyce

mtyce Regular Member

KKK & TBH ar Yonex Sri Lanka Challenge

The former world no. 1 will face the young Indian junior pair
    of M R Arjun and Chirag Shetty in the first round of the
    Sri Lanka Challenge in June 1st week.
    Let us see ... the Indian juniors are talented.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    No contest at all.

3. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    [video=youtube;DgdjGTnHDJg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgdjGTnHDJg[/video]

4. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    KKK still being himself. One big smash attempt... then suddenly he appears to be completely drained of energy, and the whole crowd laughs at him. :) But chemistry wise, it's still amazing. I don't think Tan Boon Heong has that with any other player. head to head with LXL/QZH 6-0 but let's not jinx it yet.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It's like they were never away, maybe a break from the game was all they needed to re focus and find their love of the game again. Their chemistry is something that was never a worry that would disappear. If KKK can get a bit fitter then I can't see any reason for them to not challenge again at this level.

Their style of play is a real asset to badminton though, let's see what they can do over the next 12 months.

6. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    I would call that entertainment... the way KKK walks around the court like a baby when he's out of stamina, and lobs the shuttle to the baseline.... until the opponent starts to thunder down smashes, then he gets back into serious defense posture, slightly more alert. LOL! Those fancy-nancy moves are here to stay in his game as well... probably till his retirement. TBH has improved a lot in the front court, so that maybe a slight advantage. Can't wait to catch their game, the first game of the day, against China tomorrow.

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i did not realize i miss watching koo play until i watch him play, such an entertainer... not in the national team anymore, that is giving them lot of space and less pressure to perform. great to has them back

8. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Honestly, I just enjoy watching them play - if they happen to win, that's a bonus, but not always a certainty.
    It still always hilarious when I see KKK float a blooper and TBH does flipovers to recover the shuttle.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Good to see them back together... but I have a feeling that TBH has forgotten how KKK plays fancy shots instead of killer smashes...

Pretty soon TBH is gonna get tired of having to do all the hard work covering the rear court and doing the smashing all the time. ;)

#2729 visor, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  10. mtyce

mtyce Regular Member

They seem to be in incredible form but the Chinese pair of Liu & Qiu may surmount them.
    There they are KKK and TBH lost 11-21, 19-21. The chinese pair were 17-19 down to 4 points in a row.

#2730 mtyce, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  11. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    it's not bad for a first outing after not playing together in a tournament for that long. At least they gobbled up the pair from Taiwan. :) Their previous 6 meetings with the Chinese pair was back in the days when the Chinese were still up and coming players. They've made strides since then. At least KKK/TBH made it to the quarterfinals, when the rest of the Malaysian camp suffered a complete white wash. I hope they take the title at Sri Lanka next week.

12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Reaching QF in AUS Super Series for 1st time this year is already good achievement for them, even more they are as qualifiers. Now they will going for next tournaments (Sri Lanka GP, US GPG, Canada GP) in order to increase their ranking...

13. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

the MAS MD juniors need to learn how to be good fighters like KKK/TBH no matter who the opponents are...

14. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    In these lower ranked tournaments they have to play to gain points it should be enough to play defense... They belong to the very best imo and it needs top10 pairs that vary the attack more.
    My concern is that they will get back into their old style in these smaller tourneys... But if they really want to beat the top 10 they need to be attacking and counter attack. But how can they achieve this after years of playing more or less one style?!
    Anyway it is a joy to watch a character like kkk along with tbh play and entertain us

15. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I don't think they aim to be top 10 in the world again. As long they get paid, they'll play and keep mocking BAM by proving they're still no.1 pair in MAS.

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I have to give credit to these 2 fellas to be able to make more money now than before and not having MAS rakyat onto them saying they are wasting tax-payer money, and so on.
    Juniors should learn from these chaps how to convince some big buck fellas to cough up M$ sponsor cash, especially when these 2 chaps' best buy dates are over.
    Now, who can say playing baddy in MAS does not make money. Sure beat jaga kereta, sell kachang puteh or fry meehoon on the road side...LOL.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ^^^ Uncle OTB, jaga kereta, sell kacang putih and fry meehoon by the road side were when policeman wore shorts. That was a long time ago. You have been away far too long.

Time for you come back and take a look.

18. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

What's the name of their sponsor? I only saw the workd "development" on the front of their white jersey,yesterday's match.

19. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    by looking at the way you spelled 'kacang putih', I can call you grandpa OTB already not uncle :D

20. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    Seri Mutiara Development Sdn Bhd.