Kong Hee Yong ( 공희용 )

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by jjashik, May 9, 2019.

1. jjashik

jjashik Regular Member

It seems only right to start a thread for Kong who has shown tremendous results this year, including the win in the recent New Zealand Open with partner Kim So Yeong. And while her defense and movement speed need sharpening, her potent offense and mental fortitude provide a great basis for future success. My one issue, which concerns most doubles on the Korean national team, is that rear court power needs to be matched with front court prowess, a feature that is lacking outside of LYD and Chae Yoo Jung. So if Kong is to remain partnered with Kim So Yeong, I hope Kim will grow more potent at the net.

(I haven't put her partner's name in the title because she recently played with Kim Hye Jung, so it may be that she will play with different partners, as they experiment or deal with injuries. Or have they settled on this partnership for the Olympics?)

Biglever and visor like this.
  2. visor

visor Regular Member

Congrats! She and Kim SoYeong have been the most improved WD pair for the past few years and finally won the bronze at Tokyo OG over their compatriots.

With some tenacity and guts in the QF, they had a come from behind nail biter win over MatsuNaga with a score of 28-26 in the decider. That game was so fast that I thought that my video player was playing at 2x speed!

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

#2 visor, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    Cheung likes this.