Knee Injuries

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by UkPlayer, May 13, 2002.

1. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Man I guess we are ALL the same here:rolleyes: The more I read the more I find myself and 'others' doing exactly the same things:D. Like playing mix-doubles style etc....and not listening to the Dr:D.I am doing physio sessions straight away with a therapist, ok.

2. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Yes, as long as it does not worsen the injury, it is fine.

I lost the a match due to the injury, which came in a very bad time. One month of recovery was definitely not enough for a pretty serious knee injury. No wonder some football players need three months to recover back to match fitness.

3. UKPav

UKPav Regular Member

Student
    I start physiotheraphy next week, I'm feeling very impatient I just want to run asap so I can get decent exercise, starting to fatten up from eating a lot and doing nothing.

4. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    :crying:
    My nightmare too.But as Colekwok quite rightly said, one month might b a little just and 3 month is what we need. I wonder how I fill the gap. Body core exercise is NOTHING compared to badminton. In fact little compares to badminton:cool: Anyway By telling u this I am saying it to MYSELF:" Be patient"

5. youngman

youngman Regular Member

Product Manager (Core Networks)
    This is it ! :) After 8 months and a week of totally stopping badminton (have posted about my injury within this topic), I'm returning to play in an hour's time. Need to go slow. Confidence...about the knee... nags behind my thoughts. Let's see how it goes...

6. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    All the best, we are behind u Youngman.

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

update : my knees have been fine since I got the support I recently stoped using it and have not used in it in 1+ months it was ok apart from yesterday when my left knee started giving me a lot of pain however I am playin again tomorrow so I will be able to update further

8. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    I wanted to ask, whether it was in this thread or the other, that PRP was mentioned (Platelet Rich Plasma). I read a lot about it. Has anyone done the treatment. Any results, ideas, opinions are welcome as I got an appointment to go for treatment. Before I go I'd like to hv a few tips. Thnx