KKK-TBH on Astro AEC

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by little_bird, Mar 24, 2007.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Sounds familiar, the 1988 MAS Thomas Cup Team complained of the same thing when Fang Kaixiang took over coaching duties. Eventually it was from that point on that MAS could match Indonesia and China, and win the cup in 1992.

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The wife's the boss

Work on the wife, Henny. And what would Rexy be in INA? A star coach? He'll just be one of the coaches.

3. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i hope rexy will stay. he is much appreciated here what with coming up with one of the top players. he still could guide these players to greater heights. i hope he will stay here and reach that height with his team of players.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

HAHAHAHA, I wish you luck becoz you need it. He is committed to Malaysia till the Olympic Games Doubles Gold is won. So instead of asking Rexy to wait for you, you will have to wait for Rexy.

Also to dampen your spirit a bit, his wife Henny has made many friends here and told friends she is very happy in Malaysia -- the shopping is great, Rexy is happy now, and BAM is going to raise his package (don't think PBSI can match it).

The players respects Rexy a lot for the turnaround he has done for them, not just KKK-TBH but also the other pairs (if they have been paying him lip service, they would not dare now). That is the same opinions from KKK-TBH, if you have watched their TV interviews in the documentary "Shuttlers' Dreams" last night.

In one word, "hope" is all you have --- it will not translate to reality unfortunately. Rexy stays ! Try Tony Gunawan, he may be good for PBSI.;)

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Rexy's decision is his wife's decision.

6. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

errmmm, i'm pretty sure tony's still planning to play for a while yet ... unless you've heard otherwise.

7. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

8. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    but i think Rexy has already set him mind to be here till at least OG 2008...
    He said that in the interview...

So i think INA won't be able to do much about it... :D

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

If I have heard anything, others would have heard it before me. However, Tony would be a good coach given his class act when the time comes for him to hang up his racket or even Wijaya.

10. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    I don't think anything is confirmed until one has signed on the dotted line.

Who would have thought that Alonso will leave Renault when the Renault has given him two titles?

11. chehsi

chehsi Regular Member

Administrative
    heheh.. i was actually happy that Alonso joined McLaren.. .. . and hoping that McLaren will keep on having their engine blown .. ahahahah

As for Tony, I'm sure everyone will want a piece of him the moment he announce he wants to retire.

12. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    Yeah... Rexy have agreed to stay with us (Malaysia) until at least next year 2008 Beijing Olympics. Sorry for Tommy Susanto that now he's the one who have to wait for Rexy's return to the PBSI... I'm sure that Tony Gunawan still wants to play for badminton until next year 2008 Beijing Olympics. He once said, he rather choose badminton and leave his job in the United States. He call Candra Wijaya from United States, and ask him whether he wants to team up again as a pair and play in the Indonesian Open, and Candra have agreed b'coz it's a call from a long time friend and they have won so many titles together in the past. After all both are the champion at last year Indonesian Open after they forged up again as a pair last year. As i know, Jens Erickson-Martin Lundgaard, Candra Wijaya-Tony Gunawan, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah will play until next year 2008 B.O.

#32 lina_ngchiuhwa, Mar 27, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  13. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    I think KKK speak English more with his father b'coz his father said in the interview that KKK is educated from St. Michael school so he speak to him in English. I'm very touched by TBH's father b'coz his family was poor and he need to find another extra job to support TBH in Selangor. Haha... I hope when we saw KKK outside around the street or in a mall, i hope he will gave us a happy smile if we call his name and don't gave us an angry look even the others shuttler also.

14. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    yeah, me too! i hope mclaren will poof at every or alternate gp. :p

sorry to go off topic folks!

15. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Ya, I am touched by TBH father who took extra job to support TBH. I am also touched by TBH mother who cried everyday. Even during the interview, her voice like almost cried out. As she say in hokkien, which mum doesn't love her son..

16. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

hi guys, i knew it is going to be a daunting task to bring rexy back to PBSI. Like i said before, wish me luck:D Yeah Rexy is very happy in Malaysia but of course this contract thing is all strictly professional and we respect Rexy and his commitment with BAM:D Indonesia needs Rexy for next years TC and Olympic. Plus TG is back and i guess the whole nation would have to rally behind PBSI. We want TC BAD dude:crying: . We are willing to pull all our resources together+corporate funds from various companies:crying:to meet Rexy's needs and wants. ALL THE WAY TO TC AND OLYMPIC GLORY:pHopefully, RESILIENCE may succeed:D :p :cool: ;)

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

No money no talk !:D

18. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

This says it all, Rexy is the type of guy who is passionate about the things and people he loves, and I believe he loves his wife and kids very much. If Henny and the kids like it very much in Malaysia, and Rexy continues performing his magic, he will be here for a long time.

There are much similarities between Malaysia and Indonesia: language, food, culture...to top it off, Malaysia is actually a very comfortable place to live in general. It is not too congested (lots of land, small and young population), and the pace is not as hectic but not laid back as well. With a good income, it can be paradise.

Han Jian, Indra Gunawan to name a few... have settled down for now in Malaysia, possibly Yang Yang as well, not sure. Also I heard Morten Frost and Park Joo Bong may be coming back for something?

#38 wl2172, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I saw Yang Yang in Perth running a shop of some sort 7-8 years back. Agree with you on MALAYSIA being a great place to live.

20. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i heard that yang yang has a factory at southern malaysia manufacturing rackets, if i am not mistaken. :confused: