KKK/TBH lose again???

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by alfa-2, Nov 22, 2007.

1. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    You, my man, needs a good spank up the backside.

2. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    so maybe it is the NSS after all. it changes the strategy part of the game. whereas before it is mostly the fight of strategy and mental toughness, now it is more fast power play and mental toughness. we have seen it over and over again how no one MD team can dominate totally and they can't even consistantly reach the semi finals. this is why i miss the OSS. :)

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

My friend, spanking is a specialty of the dark ages. In Malaysia, we will give you the rotans, more painful - I am not sure you would spank me or I would rotan you.:D

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I will let them choose... a belt or a rotan?

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Or the other way round - a real dark sunset for the veteran pair if they should lose! :eek:

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Ask those who have experienced Singapore's famous (erh...infamous) whip! :eek::cool::D

7. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    They're veterans, they're supposed to ride into the sunset. They ain't spring chickens you know.

8. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I feel KKK/TBH hv to approach the game with right attitudes. Both giving out fatigue, tired as excuses already b4 the tournament. Perhaps its true that they r in bad shape, but "letting everybody know 1st just in case we lose" attitude is no fighters spirit. They should learn a thing or two from Nadal, not giving injury and fatigue as excuses and just fight on court. He even beat Federer when his leg is injured during FO 2005, nobody knows that b4 his recent interview, very impressive indeed.

Dont make the world no.1 status looks laughable. Learn to act and be like one.

#68 zqloy, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  9. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

maybe it just means the top pairs aren't training hard enough? why blame the scoring system? blame the players... if they're -good- enough, they'll adapt. correct?

and this is why i like the NSS.
    its almost not worth watching if its the same pairs in the last two or three rounds at every tournament.
    besides, we usually get the same people in the last few rounds, but its just with the occasional splash of upsets in results, we have increased interest where none may have existed before.
    with the taiwanese success over the malaysian pair, and maybe another one in the next round, the taiwanese audience would of grown!

more people watching, means more people playing.
    and with more people playing, the more support and exposure there will be for our sport.

ultimately, we all win.

10. Hazeef

Hazeef Regular Member

Student

Okay, this makes sense...but why have to lose to unknown pair? they should at least have some faith right? why dun jus proceed to QTR and lose to CTF/LWW? I think they were overconfident (maybe). underestimating their opponents...meanwhile, the taiwanese MD players are becoming tougher. look at the other Taiwanese pair who beaten the Denmark player in second round. They were qualifiers! Hope that Zakry/Fairuzizuan wouldnt underestimate them as well. And for KKK/TBH, i dunno what to say. i hope they can do better in Hong Kong. And yeah, for Hafiz Hashim as well. :p

11. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Well said. Even if those surprise upsetters couldn't last long, they do make the tournaments more interesting.

Remember when Wacha advanced to the sf of China Masters, many predicted that he was another top player in making. I made a comment that he was at the tail end of his 15-minute fame but no one cared. His performance in the subsequent tournaments have kind of proven my argument. However, when he appeared in China Open, I still kept an eye on him as he was back to the country that he produced the best result in his career - only to witness him crashed out in the first round in the hand of the still unheralded YKB.

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    huhuhuh...they surely broke ur heart man..Like i've predicted,they'll never win this competition.Seems that every hopefull seeds got lost.Just now,GL/ZB were beaten by the Thai XD,and no 2 seeds in chinese XD pair,they were lost to England's XD.Hehe..everything changed in this tournament.

13. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    China is welcoming players to Olympic 2008...............:D:D:D

14. jeremyjuve

jeremyjuve Regular Member

100% agree with u zqloy, u've stolen the words outta my mouth...
    Hope that they will try harder nx time... vbmenu_register("postmenu_724652", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_724652", true);

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    It must be said though, TPE already had a world class WD pair and a decent WS player, now they are building up MD and XD aggressively. All they need is a strong MS to start challenging for honours.

16. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

To me, they look more like another Thailand in making - with a few frequent world beaters and occasional Grand Prix winners around but not good enough to become a decent challenger in Sudirman Cup League 1, TC, UC, OG or WC. TPE's weakest link is MS while Thailand is WS.

#76 Inky2000, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It's not excuse. Once again, read the other parts of my post. This is again : their 1st year together. Again, they already won 4 SS, 2 GP Gold.

Fu/Cai have been together for 4 years? Their earlier years they were losing a lot than winning. The pressure is even greater cos they are only China MD in top class.

Kido/Setiawan 3 years?? Did any of the Indonesian fans bash Kido/Setiawan earlier in the year when they were losing? Are they critizing them now?

2) For those who think TBH giving excuse, well... he's a simple straight forward young man, he just answer straight. No going round the bush punya.
    And again the question was whether they could follow in Nicol's shoes to win 8 titles in a year, he played down their chances.

And yes, yes, yes, that's not what he should have said, blah, blah, blah.
    he's not mature enuf yet, the partnership is not matured enuf yet... if I'm in their shoes, I'll feel very pressured too....

18. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well...I think what TBH says is not giving any excuses but he is just being blunt and as eagle say he is a straight forward person,i think he did not bother to think of the excuses at all for his loses yesterday.When i watch the interview yesterday,i feel he just say out the truth..Not enough preparation for the game and lose it.Sometimes i really feel that the bashing towards them is a bit too much compare to other players.

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ok, just one question, did you watch their match against the Taiwan pair? True, many cannot accept their lost, etc, etc which is already covered. This is 1st time I saw both KKK and TBH like no oomp. My 1st thought was: are they sick or what?
    My point is :They dont have to say they're fatigued, it's very obvious in their faces and movements; any opponent can see it. And yes, yes, they have to learn to overcome it like a top pair should. Their partnership still have a lot to work on, they know that.

In case anybody say they should know how to hide it, Kido/Setiawan also show in their body language. The Korean pair Lee/Jung I'm not so sure, but sometimes can be observed too. So as some of the veteran pairs.

#79 eaglehelang, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  20. chenchoiyenn

chenchoiyenn Regular Member

Student
    we, i mean fans of koo-tan, should support them when winning or losing. i don't know why the loss, but i know they're still no.1 in my heart.

doesn't matter they win or lose, they're always no.1, even when they're too old and lose all their teeth.