KKK lost and why he shouldn't have

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by alfa2, Jan 27, 2007.

1. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    I tot KKK always used his XD matches to 'warm up' himself before MD matches.... seemed to work before, but maybe after qualifying TWICE! maybe not anymore...

2. wooncc

wooncc Regular Member

u r right, everytime Rexy will guard and giving advice for them during the game.......

3. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

hehe
    but i think kkk/wpt has been playing well
    they won bronze in wc 06 n wpt also won bronze w fairuz
    since they x train 2gether 4 xd, wat do u expect?
    getting bronze in wc n asian games is gd enough considering tat they x expect tat fr xd.
    somehow xd seems 2 deliver when others fail like in wc
    if mas really wanna establish a proper xd like wat kim hock say, they shld be taught better xd skills.
    learn fr gao ling.
    haha.
    btw i think kkk/tbh should add some variety 2 their game.
    they cant be expecting to have chances 2 smash everytime fr their opponent n keep lifting their opponents smash.add a little different strategy
    nway they hav a bright future ahead

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Basically i don't think playing in 2 events would be VERY tiring. You have to understand that these guys are professionals. Their trainings and practices are much more grueling than the Official Matches itselfs. KKK understand this and he knows himself best. If he can't handle playing in 2 events, he will definately voice it out to his coaches. So far he doesn't have problem playing in 2 events. However he also understand that you can't win matches all the time. You opponent can play better than you.

#24 ants, Jan 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  5. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

yup
    it all depends on kkk whether he wants 2 play in xd or not
    n since d xd is doing quite well y not?
    hehe
    hmmm ants u mean he also understands tat u can't win all the time rite?
    ya no one wins all the time
    not even lin dan
    haha

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    However in the old days, we use OSS, and now we use NSS, which does help the atheltes to save some energy. ;)

7. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    yeah tats wat i tink too....sadly :(:(

8. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    rexy should get a medal too.....

so shouldn't the tournament organizer give rexy a medal too for his effort in helping them to win?:D:D:D KKK/TBH should get matured enough by end of 2007 and hopefully after that they wont b needing rexy's guide as what they needed him in KO.

9. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    just hope that KKK is like Carl Lewis.....who had tackled both 100m and 200m run and set the world record too.....

10. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    i think tat koo is ok with xd and md...
    the problem is from our women doubles player...
    maybe koo is 80% like gao ling but we can't find a better player for him...
    tat's why the onli left choice go to wong pei tty...
    btw. i think wong is juz giving too many return to koo caz can't help much like GL partner..
    koo must giv a run for every point in xd and tat's very tired...
    then his md rhythm been break by his xd difference tactics...
    so tat's why he can't get into the game...
    my suggestion is let our women pair train with md pairs...
    ofcourse not koo/tan or lee wan wah them la...
    but maybe ong soon hock/tan bin shen and any backup pair...
    this will really help our women pairs a lot...
    due to the upgrading of women players then koo will be more comfortable...
    then i think there will be no problem for koo to achieve wat gao ling did...

#30 nwy5633, Jan 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You meant..

...KKK & TBH were playing against HJM & LJJ??...LYD & JJS were the winners against Tony & Candra..;)
    Abt Rexy being & not being there and probably affected KKK's & TBH's performance, hmm, i think it might, but IMO, the Korean pair that played them yesterday were much more hungrier..They took the court as if it meant business to them, esp. with that straight set victory..;)

12. alvern

alvern Regular Member

Corporate Slave
    I think I go with the majority here, KKK should stop playing XD. GL can do it in the ladies category but I think she can do it becos she doesnt do a lot jumping smash and running around the court. All she does is killing the shots at the net. As for KKK, he has to do much much more in XD.

Am very surprise KKK/TBH lost so tamely in the first game.

13. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

i agree w u tat our wd should train w md
    just like ws wong mew choo is under limao n training w d guys.
    n she sure has improved a lot.
    so y not let chin/wong train w guys too?
    chin/wong hav improved a lot 2.
    they r world no 7 now
    they need gd sparring partners cos d gap between them n d other wd is wide.i cant c any gd wd except 4 chin/wong n lim/joanne quay but lim/joanne is under klrc now.
    so i think they will be better training w d guys like mew choo.
    seriusly d wd department better come up w some solutions cos all our wd lost in 1st round in MO n KO except lim/joanne.
    as 4 kkk, let kim hock n himself decide whether he shld play in xd or not.but i can c tat there is potential in kkk/wpt.
    nway d main focus is still md n wd
    all d best

14. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    thanks for your correction, i didn't realise i made a gross error until you pointed it out. my head was thinking LJJ and HJM but my hand typed LYD and JJS. :eek:

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Actually losing is not a very strange things for the players,i don't expect them to win every competition they played because nobody is perfect in this world.As for he should or should not pair XD,i think he is the one who should decide it coz he know himself the most and whatever he do,just hope him don't tired hiself and continue with his good performance.

16. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

Korea Open: Malaysian challenge ends
    FATIGUE finally brought the giant-killing run of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong to an end while a fighting performance by Hafiz Hashim wasnt enough as Malaysias interest in the US,000 (RM1.05 million) Korea Open ended in the semi-finals yesterday.
    Mens doubles Kien Keat-Boon Heong, chasing their third consecutive international title and fourth final in as many championships, failed to produce the form that won them the Malaysia Open and Doha Asian Games titles in yesterdays battle against South Koreas Lee Jae Jin-Hwang Ji Man.
    National chief coach Yap Kim Hock said fatigue was the reason for the below par performance which saw Kien Keat-Boon Heong lose 21-10, 21-18 in 27 minutes. Their only previous clash with the World No 5 Koreans had been in the second round of the Japan Open which the Malaysians won 21-12, 14-21, 21-17.
    "They were tired. It has been a tough two weeks for them, playing in back-to-back world class tournaments. Besides that, the duo had to play in the qualifying rounds of both tournaments. Another disadvantage was that Kien Keat also played in the mixed doubles," said Kim Hock.
    Kim Hock said he will speak to doubles coach Rexy Mainaky to decide whether the duo should cut down on their participation in tournaments.
    "There is a high chance that Kien Keat-Boon Heong will skip the Austrian Open (Feb 22-25) and several other minor events to concentrate on important ones such as the All-England (March 6-11)."
    The major reason why the pair were entered for numerous tournaments was their world ranking, which was 118 before the Malaysia Open.
    But the pair have proved by virtue of their title triumph in the Malaysia Open and semi-final appearance in Korea that they have the quality to qualify for the World Championships without having to play in many tournaments. In fact, their Malaysian Open triumph saw the pairs ranking improve to 50.
    "Its not necessary for the duo to play in so many tournaments as their semi-final appearance in Korea has assured them valuable ranking points. I may even decide on Kien Keat to concentrate only on the mens doubles," said Kim Hock.
    Kien Keat and Wong Pei Tty, who won a bronze in the World Championships in Madrid last year, fell in the mixed doubles quarter-finals in Korea.
    The doubles final will be an all-Korean affair after Jung Jae Sung-Lee Yong Dae upstaged former Olympic champions Tony Gunawan-Candra Wijaya 21-23, 21-16, 21-12.
    But as Kim Hock rued the exit of Kien Keat-Boon Heong, he was pleased with the improvement and fighting spirit that Hafiz had displayed throughout the tournament.
    Although Hafiz had to admit defeat again to Chinas Chen Jin, what was pleasing was that he didnt surrender easily. Chen Jin, the world No 6, won 21-9, 19-21, 21-11 in 56 minutes.
    "He is getting back his form. He defeated some of the worlds top players en route to the semi-finals. If he carries on, he should be on top of his game in a couple of months time."
    Among the big names that Hafiz slew in Korea were Chinas Chen Hong, who beat him in the first round of the Malaysia Open, and Indonesias Sony Dwi Kuncoro.
    After losing the first game 21-9, Hafiz came back strongly in the second, coming from 16-19 down to win 21-19 to force the decider. But his endurance was suspect in the third game and he fell 21-11. But as Kim Hock said, Hafiz must use the Korea Open to relaunch his stagnant career.

17. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    Sadly, it's not up to him to decide, the decision is between Rexy n Kim Hock to make.... even if he knows that he can do it without really tiring himself to affect his MD performance, to really exel in XD, we have to able to extract a GL's performance from WPT, which i think at this moment is almost impossible to do.Unless we do a candra (INA) & Tony (USA) combination with KKK (Msia) & GL (CHI)......kekeke.....it would be fun though.:D:D:D:D

18. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    sorry but i dun reli get wad u mean.... :)

19. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    wat im trying to say is that even KKK have enough stamina to battle MD and XD, doesnt mean that he can achieve good results in XD as what he has in MD unless WPT can play like GL in XD, which i think is impossible now. And also i'm wondering is it possible to pair up KKK and GL like CW/TG (mixing players from different country).....and it would be funny see that happening.

20. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    wat a good idea..
    i think the onli way to do tat is let koo & GL become lover...
    then they will play together but i think LYB won't be happy for tat...