Kido/Setiawan What are you doing????

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by iSeVeN_Ultimate, Apr 26, 2012.

1. iSeVeN_Ultimate

iSeVeN_Ultimate Regular Member

Student
    Reigning Olympic Champion Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan are out of this year Olympic
    just because they didn't participate in Badminton Asia Championship and India Open Super Series 2012. It's due to Markis's baby born on 21 April, but it's insane to just let the dream of another player to participity on Olympic.

I'm absolutely dissapointed to this action.

[​IMG]

We know that to play 2 doubles at Olympic need two player at top eight
    Firstly, i think it's a good decision because [​IMG]Hirokatsu HASHIMOTO/Noriyasu HIRATA didn't come to india and they are defending champion, so they point will decrease about 5000 and they will out of top ten. Indonesian hope to [​IMG]Kien Keat KOO/Boon Heong TAN fail to reach at least quarter-finals. but, now they are on it and even if they was lost today they still lost only 1380 and still on top eight wit only 80 point deficit to Kido/Hendra on nine place.

If they play at india and reach at least quarter-finals, it will guarantee they place at olympic. I'm more dissapointed because Kido says they will not come to olympic. I think he is so selfish to do that.

2. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

they can still qualify, if PBSI decided to drop Bona/Ahsan.

I think, they should give chance to Ryan/Angga, since they are the future star, and in need of exposure of olympic in 2012. Even if Bona/Ahsan participated, They are not going to get anything anyway.

3. alans

alans Regular Member

4. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
  5. Slankblue

Slankblue Regular Member

Can they pair up setiawan with ahsan instead? I think it will be a safer move

6. iSeVeN_Ultimate

iSeVeN_Ultimate Regular Member

Student
    I think it's impossible. IF i was pbsi, i will choose kido/setiawan because they are defending champion and if you look they latest performance at aussie gp gold, i think they was on the top performance on the last 2 years. But, the problem is possibly they don't have much passion to win this olympic. Kido say that they are already win any major title.

In the same time, i think is good chance for ahsan/septano to at least get bronze...

7. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Fools ?

Quoted from Jakarta Globe

For Markis and Hendra, former world champions and the 2008 Olympic gold medalists, the victory ended a three-year title drought that started in 2009 when they beat Malaysian top pair Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong in the French Open Super Series.

“This is incredible. This means that we can still compete against the world’s best and win,” Markis said in a text message on Sunday. “Our only regret is, why only now? Why didn’t we play like this since last year so that we would probably have qualified for the Olympics?

Completely speechless I saw that. Even their personal coach is so poor at math, could not even calculate and convince them to participate in EITHER the Asian Badminton Championship or India Open ? They just need a 100 points to overtake Koo/Tan for the eighth spot.

Do they even realise that they didnt qualify because of their stupidity and not because of their poor form?

Well done you two for ruining the Olympics. A defending champion failing to qualify because they refused to participate in two low-level tournaments and they would have qualify by showing up and not even lifting their racket.

8. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Pretty sure you have to win at least 1 match to get points ...

9. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Maybe they thought if they enter those tournaments, they don't even have a chance to win 1 match from them, lol.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

haha! i don't think kido/setiawan and his coach could've predicted that koo/tan would have fallen down the ranks so far and so fast... ;)

11. repentedboy

student la
    They are very "GOOD" at maths.

No wonder I strongly feel athletes need to dedicate some of their time in studies especially mastering the fundamentals of mathematics. Just like Lee Chong Wei the same for other Malaysians apart from Koo Kien Keat need to undergo training course to improve their soft skills because image of the sports is ruined by the time they open their mouth

In this case, they do not even know how to do basic research on the internet websites (google BWF) to check and calculate their chances of qualifying. Really Kido/Setiawan's absence had destroyed the prestige of the Men's Doubles Olympics out of stupidity.

How can you have a major tournament if there's no defending champion in the draw while they are still playing and not even retired. It's just ridiculous plain.

12. milzy

milzy Regular Member

Well, it's a just consequence for giving up so early by not participating in tournaments and assuming that they weren't going to qualify. How sad...

13. teojb

teojb Regular Member

[video=youtube;6ruA5qIEI5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ruA5qIEI5o[/video]

weird that they're featuring in a visa olympic commercial.

14. repentedboy

student la
    Their failure is insurmountable and embarrassing. It's like Brazil winning the World Cup and failing to qualify for the next edition, thus ruining the entire tournament.

Well done to them as well as the coaches. That's why atheletes and coaches must go to school and learn some basic maths exercise a logical judgement.

15. eddyededwin

eddyededwin Regular Member

if they tried kido/setiawan should get atleast bronze... given their recent form...
    if ahsan/ septano participated i doubt theyll get any medals...
    i dont c them beating the top 3 pairs ( lee yong dae/ jjs , cai yun/fhf , boe morgensen)
    or even ksh/yys

16. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
    I guess you didn't watch the champs skool KSH / YYS at Singapore this year.. Made them look like high school kids..

17. visor

visor Regular Member

they played ferociously in singapore... likely because they were so mad at finding out they missed the olympics cut off by mere 71 points

18. repentedboy

student la
    And pissed because they even the coach failed their maths so badly that they can't even calculate roughly how many matches they literally need to play in order to qualify.

One word : Foolish

19. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Kido is so moody. Hence that kind of fool decision came out. Even he decided to participate on local tournament for money instead of joining their team on Thomas cup preparation. When Kido's good part take over, yes they had a change for medal. Too bad.

20. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

They've been struggling to find form for a very long time, so whilst there's always a chance to medal if you participate, their chances wouldn't have been favourable.
    I expect them to fade away as time passes, until they vanish with a new era. Personally I can't see them making any more big splashes.