KICKSTARTER LAUNCH : SMACKET - The Worlds First Patented Portable Badminton Racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SMACKET, Oct 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. SMACKET

SMACKET New Member

Hi my dear badminton friends!

My name is Gabriel and I would like to introduce you to my Kickstarter project :

SMACKET! The Worlds First Patended Portable Badminton Racket.

I have engineered and designed the worlds first patented portable badminton racket, finally making it easier to transport. It has a telescopic shaft and is screwable, making it 60 % smaller in its portable state and standard dimensions when it’s in its playable state.

I’m in need of your support now to start the production here in Berlin, Germany.

Sharing, thumbs up or ordering the SMACKET on my Kickstarter Launchpage would mean the world to me.

Check it out here on kickstarter, where I also explain, how anger made me rethink the Badminton Racket :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smacket/smacket-the-worlds-first-portable-badminton-racket?ref=user_menu

I would also appreciate your feedback!

Best

Gabriel

pughon likes this.
  2. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Hi,
    This is a great idea. Having a portable racket would definitely be a big help.

I hope you don't mind me giving you my take on your idea.

If your design is meant for light play, and for beginner players, then well done, this is perfect.

As an amateur intermediate-ish player I would consider the following points :

1) weight is a bit heavy. Many rackets are now around 80-86g, some even lighter.

2) how much tension can the frame take? Many players have around 26-28 pounds of pressure on the strings.

3) the thread that screws in, may not be durable enough. There's a lot of torsion when players swing the racket. It may come undone during play and the thread may be worn down after constant assembly/play.

I know all these probably will increase the cost, maybe if your kickstarter goes ahead, it can be applied for a version 2 Pro racket :)

Good luck and God bless!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I'm skeptical. I dont see how you can get as nice a frame as pure carbon. Other than postage I've not ever wished I could make a badminton racket smaller. Also used a screw to reattached a racket hoop to shaft. It didn't end well.

I wish you the best of luck and hope I am wrong!

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I saw the website & see you compare the old aged steel racket (alumunium) agains your carbon. Today racket also come with carbon, especially Yonex also come with bunch of high tech cool looking stuff:confused:.

Also im kinda skeptical to how it will perform. Can the join wistand massive swing force especially when the head are quite HH like my preference hammer racket.

Just a dumb idea of mine following your idea. Rather than portable racket which for me current racket already small enough to carry 4 of my racket in my bag without difficulty. My other package like clothing, shoes, shuttle are way bulkier than my 4 racket. I think it would be interesting to had modular racket. I mean if i want Lining N9ii flex shaft with Duora 2 side frame also with BP like ZF, then we can customize our own racket. But still my big concern are how durable the joint are.

Thats my tought & hope for the best for you.:D

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    in old engineering adage.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Ballschubser and Sumanth99 like this.
  6. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I feel like this will be great for kids learning and casual badminton. The compact size means you can slip it inside a messenger bag with your laptops and whatnot and not have to bring a separate bag to play badminton after office. Obviously not intended for any sort of serious play even though they said it did.