Kento Momota (new thread)

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by visor, May 12, 2020.

1. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

LD
    LCW
    KM

no longer here ....

idk ....

badminton right now ...

idk ....

Desireless and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  2. justiceforlcy

justiceforlcy Regular Member

no one is forcing you to watch

3. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I red a news which said Momota was not (was less) interested in badminton.

I don't know how to give him my mobilization to him, so that I will post it here.

"Until the end of the world"

lin dan 139.png

#1383 terrynguyen121988, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  4. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

ya, i think Momota's passion for badminton is not as strong as before. perhaps he thought he has cemented a place in history after back to back WC win, and 11 MS titles in a year. perhaps he has seen many deaths during the pandemic that changed his perspective to life.

5. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

I don't blame him if he's lost his interest in and passion for badminton. Being in a life threatening accident which takes him out of playing for a long time, slow recovery to gaining form, and then underperforming under the pressure of expectations from fans? I think anyone would be demoralised in his shoes. Well, there are sometimes those that can push even harder after injury, but when you are at the top and then suddenly lose everything, it's hard to make your way back up especially when the injuries take away one of your best assets.

Of course I still want to see him play, and play closer to the level he originally was at, but if he decides to quit someday, I would not blame him at all and can only wish the best for him.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

6. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

stating the obvious?

7. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Yeah I could accept that as well. If all of a sudden he's realised that there is more to life than badminton, so be it. Like you, I would love to see him in top form again. But sometimes that just how life is, we fall in and out of love with certain things. Certain events give us a new perspective in life too.

His comments lately suggest he is still searching within himself for answers (this makes for an awesome anime lol) and certainly hoping that one day, it all just clicks for him again.

@kurako - I have a question, are the S&J leagues still operating in Japan? There was a time when the matches would be televised on youtube to watch but i haven't seen the national players on their in a while.

Pcyl likes this.
  8. kurako

kurako Regular Member

As far as FY 2021-2022 is concerned, rather than playing in a league format, it was decided to stage an S/J tournament over a period of two weekends. Unfortunately, however, there was a mass outbreak of COVID-19 infections amongst a number of teams and, accordingly, the latter half of the tournament was cancelled.

This fiscal year, there are plans to revert back to a league competition, with the period spanning from November 5 to February 12. The corporate teams really need these type of competitions; without them, there is little rationale for actually maintaining such teams.

Cheung, Simeon, lodoss and 3 others like this.
  9. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

I see, that would explain the absence. I'm hoping that these leagues competitions could give players like Momota competitive matches to grind and develop match fitness in pressure situations.

Simeon likes this.
  10. huynhvinhthang

huynhvinhthang Regular Member

Somehow I feel that after a while, when the dust settles, when no fan pays any attention to him, when there is no social media buzz, when there is less distraction, Momota can come back, win some, and realize what he has been missing.

thyrif and Quentin11 like this.
  11. thasan

thasan New Member

Anyone know when we get to see him play next?

12. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

LenaicM and Schultzier like this.
  13. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

lodoss likes this.
  14. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

Just hope there is no complications of internal injury. Complications that can cause his body system to become more fragile.

Anyway, i will always love and respect Momota for what he achieved. Yes, more than play for fans, he must learn again to play because of his love for the sport. And for the love to challenge himself and see how far he can go in the sport.

Sent from my XQ-BT52 using Tapatalk

#1394 Pcyl, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Saw him in kl clubbing which is a nono.

16. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Besides badminton, he is also a guy in his 20s, what’s wrong with going out with friends and dance/drink during his free time?

justiceforlcy likes this.
  17. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

Whats wrong with that? —Everything? Theres absolutely no room for that on the top level. Alcohol lowers both dopamine and testosterone which are absolutely essential for competition, especially when you compete against other males equally in their prime and as eager to kick your ass.

Speak for yourself but this is hurting him.

I do not drink anymore, and if I do, then seldomly, but alot. Everytime I do, my badminton performance goes to hell for at least a week. And yes, im one of those try hard fanatics who trains to become world number one at weekly practice. Perhaps im too harsh but it is what it is, from personal experience I have learnt that its hard to light a heart ablaze when its soaked in alcohol.

Cheers

Simeon and Quentin11 like this.
  18. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Well I certainly do not condone excessive drinking but we do not know how much he drank. Really, he can’t have a glass of wine at dinner to relax or a beer or two occasionally when out with friends? Im not a pro player by any means but I really doubt thats too big a deal unless he gets himself completely trashed all the time.

LenaicM, justiceforlcy and Arisuin like this.
  19. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

Deleting my comment to earlier thread...I should ignore his (8 words) comment since I don't know anything. I should not speculate or suggest without credible information (what can i expect to know from that simple 8 words).

#1399 lodoss, Jul 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Did you know who he is with? Pls shaddup if you dont know. That person is not a good guy to mix with firstly. His image is getting worse. ;)

I hope japan ban him for being naive or ignorant to mix with bad people. Or grind him harder. Seems slacked. ;)

Schultzier likes this.