Kedah Open(national circuit)21-24/8/2010

Discussion in '2010 Tournaments' started by limsy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That would have made your day. Now hopefully they can also do that in International tourneys

2. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    The 2010 Kedah National Circuit Open have exposed the lack of fitness of the senior national players like KKK, TBH, MZL, MFMT,
    and some of the senior back-up players like Chong Wei Feng and Liew Darren.
    KKK and CWF were the worst bowing out in the first encounter; KKK/Hoon Thien How in the 1st round and CWF in the 2nd round having a bye in the 1st round.
    My view is that KKK has lost his motivation and he should either buck up or bow out.
    The back-up men's doubles pairs have shown they have the skills and stamina to compete against the senior pairs and it is hoped that they will be given more international exposure.
    Lydia Cheah and Sonia have performed creditably and they should be able to slip in the shoes of WMC soon. :crying::confused::mad:

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u sure this is about fitness?
    for kkk/hth defeat
    u know how good teo/goh are?:confused:
    do u watch the match?

if this is true
    and the fitness problem tbh go all the way into xd final and lost in rubber set 19-21:eek:
    looks like ceh must be covering for tbh:eek:
    or maybe the rest of the xd pair sucks:eek:

#123 limsy, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  4. eaglehelang

KKK partnered OSH in MD, TBH partnered Hoon
    In XD KKK partnered Florah Ng, WS 1st time play XD

If it's bowing out, Fuzzy pair should be the ones to go 1st, along with Hoon/OSH

#124 eaglehelang, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  5. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I'd like to agree with you but.... local tournaments are pretty much a 'drag' for senior players. They are sort off 'forced to play' to support the national sport dev propaganda and would rather not even show up if they had a chance. Look at HH, KBH, LCW, and anyone else who can come up with a half decent excuse. Well can't blame LCW but some of the others....

They have nothing to prove and nothing to gain from winning except for those trully obsessed with wining titles over and over again. These seniors would normally prefer focusing their efforts on international tournaments and avoid full out risk such as injuries. It's sad but an unavoidable truth.

Just like Chen Yu being the China National champ twice with LD around who wouldn't give a sh*t

The other sad part is that most of our 'senior team' are no where up to the mark for the care less attitude.

Juniors however would love to scalp seniors to prove a point... but in the end it would not matter unless they can replicate such performances in the world stage. Let's hope for the best for these juniors GSH, CKB, MHC/TWK.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    as far as i know
    the player who qualify for wc was told to 'take it easy' in this competition;)
    (except tbh/ceh for the cwg xd pairing testing i suppose:))

if win this tournament and end up injury
    cannot play wc
    then :p

;)

7. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    My view is that if a player is not serious, then he should not participate.
    Why soil your record with lousy defeats at the hands of back-up players with no world ranking at all.
    KKK did not shine in the last 3 or 4 tournaments that he participated in and he and TBH can't be ranked world no. 1.
    They can't beat so-so opponents and now not even back-up pairs in a national circuit tournament.
    What a let down.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, Congratulation to MHC/TWK and undeadshot.

Now on, MHC/TWK has to prove it on INternational stage, hope they can gradually get themselves in top 20 pairs in the WR.....by 2012.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Very true.

Maybe they only wanted to focus for WC10 in Paris........hehehehe

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this doesn't indicate bad news for me
    in this tournament
    even with lim khim wah injury
    teo/goh and tan/mak is our bright future

can i know which pair have no world ranking?

11. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

went to Kedah Open with a couples of friends.

Here is my views:-

Most Improved Performance: Goh Wei Shem and Teo Kok Siang (Div 1)

Looking forward to see this pair breakthru. Bright future ahead of them if BAM give them a chance.

Nelson Heg/Teo (Div2) have good future. I especially like Nelson Heg good and solid defence. could be a good potential WJC next year.

As for Mens Single Div 1. TCS and CWF was most disappointing but probably under pressure. Daren displayed good skills but no accuracy, lost to the consistent Chan Kwong Beng 23-21 in the rubber in semi. I was most impressed by Goh Soon Huat good defence and he is playing like Hendrawan soon..ha..ha.

Division 2... nothing much here... Loh Wei Sheng just recovering from injuries but still managed to win the title.

Women singles Div1. Good comeack for the top seed Lydia and only tested by her sister in the final. Sonia was a very determined lady but failed this time. Good fight.

Div2. I was impressed by a fourteen years old Ho Yen Mei. Ng Sin Er injured her ankle but still managed to win.

WD Div 1. Nothing much here except that without Pei Tye..Er Hui seem lost. Gog Lui Ying seem to be the impressive one here.

WD Div2... Shervon have improved.

XD Div 1... again Chan Peng Soon/Lui Ying is good but i didn't know Tan Boon Heong could also played XD if he trained for it.

Overall the Kedah Open have not been a failure without the top Players. It has given a platform for the backup to come out and outdo each other. The crowds has been pretty good too.

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I say, if they get enough chances, top 20 will come by mid 2011. See whether my prediction is right.

13. eaglehelang

It's compulsory for BAM players to participate in Proton sponsored tournaments, unless they can come up with some injury excuse - it is not as if they can choose. Mak/TWK, GWS/Teo do have world ranking (#39 & 75).

Seniors performance are gauged from International tourneys, not local ones. Winning or not winning it doesnt give any weight to their performance appraisal. And yes I know KKK/TBH have not been playing well internationally in recent times. Neither have Fuzzy & Hoon/Ong.

TBH did surprise by getting into XD finals, 1st time playing & partnering CEH, hahaha
    As for the back-up, as seen from Msia GP Gold, they still need overcome nervous jitters in the international scene. In that aspect, personally I think GWS/Teo and CPS/LKW(if one is not playing XD) are more steady than Mak/TWK

#133 eaglehelang, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thanks uncle for the review
    appreciated it

15. eaglehelang

Can lah, your fav are WR#39 now

16. eaglehelang

Now you know why I was impressed with GSH during SUKMA ;)
    Hope he gets more chances to participate in GP, GP GOld level to improve his....'sharpness' :D

17. undeadshot

Have to watch out for him, when you say his name the first thing comes to mind is 21-0 :p

18. aresya

aresya Regular Member

ooo ..he was the 21-0 guy during MAS GP gold ... now I must remember his name ..

congrats to all the winners ... nice to see all the new faces ...

19. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    The experimental pairing of TBH/CEH should become permanent as they have proved themselves by reaching the final.
    The two left-handers can make a formidable pair as normally you have a left/right hander pairing.
    The element of unknown can cause confusion to world-ranked pairs.

:D:D:D

20. undeadshot

TBH didn't really try XD internationally before, it might bring out interesting results if they keep pairing, or maybe find a younger girl.