Kawasaki King Kong (hybrid feather shuttles)

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by LenaicM, Apr 2, 2018.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Using the KK 500?

2. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

This is a KK500 which did 2 or 3 sets and that has been used for drills afterwards. Typical signs of fraying with some broken tips here and there but it’s very rare we break a stem like the cheap feather shuttles do. I usually discard them when not flying properly anymore but this one for example will still be used a bit more.

46588BE8-54A3-4700-B494-7358FB896D9F.jpeg

Slade likes this.
  3. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    We've been using the 700. Which I thought had the better goose feathers while the 500 was duck?

4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

That’s the other way around. The 500s’ use goose feathers grade 4 while the 700s’ use duck feathers (probably a higher grade though). Well you might want to try the 500s’ and you’ll notice they really barely break.

5. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Hahaha, that may change everything. I'll go try out the 500s then.

LenaicM likes this.
  6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

:D By the way the recycling method I posted above didn’t work for me, at the first strong smash it was raining feathers. Obviously glueing them will solve that. And the shuttles flew a bit funny hehe. Ho well that was a fun little experiment.

7. JohnDoura_7

JohnDoura_7 New Member

I have been noticing this guy talking about something else from the beginning when everyone one else was clearly pointing to another side. Dude get your facts right first and stop comparing a Prius with a 7 series bimmer.

If you are that 1/10 Lin Dan level player then of course this won't suit u. Lin Dan is being sponsored, he got his things for free. Unlike to the other 9/10 who would have to fork out a lot of their money to buy an expensive high quality feather shuttles just to play occasionally, this is a great option !

Like the guy mentioned in his YouTube video, the more options it is on the market the better it is for the consumers. You are not lin dan! Stop acting like one.

We all know the higher end shuttles of high quality feathers from exotic birds are better. Cause they are MORE expensive. The key word here is 'value for money' and for those average player out there who have priorities in life but still wanna have some good fun times playing good badminton without the urge of pushing to the limit everytime for a Thomas Cup then this is perfect !

In addition, the King Kong 500 is cheap, reliable, and most importantly durable. What makes u think it can't be re-use for training, drill, or casual play? Logic please. Again, please don't compare it with all the more expensive shuttles. The fact that you're comparing this to those is already a testament to its quality.

#67 JohnDoura_7, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Sumanth99 and darrengsaw like this.
  8. kulidone

kulidone Regular Member

as JohnDoura_7 mentioned.... kingkong 500 is noticeably worse than average quality of a feather shuttles...

The point of this shuttle is to replace the plastic ones while having 80% feel of the feathers and not spending much more than on plastic shuttles.

If you have the money... get higher grade feathers... if not... get kingkong 500... I wouldnt recommend plastic shuttles. I just played this weekend with mavis 2000 and on the next day I felt that my shoulder took too much damage from smashing (played doubles). This never happened with the feathers before...

9. JohnDoura_7

JohnDoura_7 New Member

For me plastic shuttle is a NO NO. Out of the equation and not worth mentioning here. Because the King Kong 500 is a feather shuttle. NOT plastic. Plastic shuttle ain't cheap either. Get the King Kong 500. Cheaper, reliable, durable, and satisfied. Like I said, more 'value for money' unless you're Lin Dan of course who spent no penny.

Adding on, only half the joint section of this shuttle is plastic. It has all the characteristics of a feather shuttle except that due to its plastic construction it's heavier as compared to the ALL feather shuttle. Hence explaining why it travels faster.

If anything, this would make u a better player because if you're used to hit a faster shuttle then when it really matters for you to go all out in Thomas Cup you've come prepared to hit the slower more quality high end shuttles of high quality feathers from an exotic animals.

darrengsaw likes this.
  10. Slade

Slade Regular Member

I did not find it faster than all feather shuttles, the AS 30 for example seems faster.

11. JohnDoura_7

JohnDoura_7 New Member

Another high end shuttle which is twice more expensive than the King Kong 500.

On a side note, calling it 'faster' might be the wrong term. The right would be it decelerate less. Compared to an all feather shuttles as the name suggests itself, it's reacting more to the air resistance hence all feather shuttles tend to travel fast initially but then decelerate faster towards the end of its flight path too.

King Kong 500 successfully eleminates this by engineering a half plastic frame making the shuttle 'heavier' and hence having a more momentum making the flight trejectory less air resistance.

12. darrengsaw

darrengsaw Regular Member

Data Analyst
    Bought 2 dozen 500s and initial impressions are very positive.

Nice feeling off the strings, not too much different from full feather shuttles. Averaging 2-3 games per shuttle durability wise which is pretty good I would say.

Flight is a bit different, but not at all bad when all the factors taken into account.

Certainly would be a massive improvement over any dire Mavis rubbish, and costs wouldn't be too much more as the Kong is cheaper, though a plastic would still last longer.

It certainly would be a way for clubs that use plastics to upgrade to a much better feeling shuttle.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

13. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

I bought a tube of 500s, expecting them to be crap. They are absurdly cheap and they look it too.

Surprisingly, they seem quite good. They don't feel quite the same as a "standard" feather shuttle, but the difference is minor. They are faster than the stated 77 speed -- more like 78 or even 79. Imagine a feather version of the Mavis 2000.

It remains to be seen how long they last, and I don't see them replacing the AS-50s that I use for games. But at £10 a tube, I might well be using them to fill up my coaching box.

visor and Slade like this.
  14. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Is it a tube of King Kongs Zhang Beiwen’s coach is using for practice? Looks like it right.

15. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

That's kawasaki head coach, Li Mao.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

LenaicM likes this.
  16. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I did not know thanks for clarifying. Well that explains why he is holding a Kawasaki tube. I’m not sure it means she does train with King Kong’s shuttles though. I directly asked her on Instagram and I’m hoping she can see and answer my question. Would be fun to know that a pro player use those shuttles for training. :)

17. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

Probably team 2 or team 3 , kawasaki's feather shuttlecocks.

#77 flyingcords, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    LenaicM likes this.
  18. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Probably. She didn’t answer on Instagam which I was expecting so we’ll never know for sure but I guess it is some team 2/3.

19. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Just received another couple of tubes of KK500 and the tube's design changed a bit. It looks a bit cheapo now without shiny/glittery Kawasaki stickers and with a faded orange color instead of vibrant. I also felt like the shuttles weren't as solid as the previous tubes I used and I destroyed most of them in one set (single) instead of 2/3 sets. Will wait to open the next tubes to give a better judgement but I was a bit disappointed by this tube.

20. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

Have you tried the other hybrid shuttle d'mantis 45 , from Lardé sport ? Are they good ?